You can't make this stuff up!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: You can't make this stuff up!

Post by lawgrad91 » November 16th, 2018, 12:18 pm

There was a civil protective order hearing in front of the Happy Hippie this morning. Two very angry women fighting over taking care of a 94 year old man in Carroll County, two counties west. (Why were they here, you ask? Not a clue.)

His Honor asked, "so what connection do you two have?"

Slightly less crazy woman: "We are half-sisters."
Immensely crazy woman: (eyes get big and claps hand over mouth) "oh no, we aren't! We are whole sisters!
SLCW: "Oh no, we are not!"
ICW: "Daddy's name is on my birth certificate!"
SLCW: "Our daddy's name may be on your birth certificate, but he told me he is NOT your daddy!"

Daddy (or non-Daddy) is the 94 year old man. I hope he is leaving all his money to the SPCA or his church or ANYTHING other than these two fruitbats. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 16th, 2018, 4:24 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:There was a civil protective order hearing in front of the Happy Hippie this morning. Two very angry women fighting over taking care of a 94 year old man in Carroll County, two counties west. (Why were they here, you ask? Not a clue.)

His Honor asked, "so what connection do you two have?"

Slightly less crazy woman: "We are half-sisters."
Immensely crazy woman: (eyes get big and claps hand over mouth) "oh no, we aren't! We are whole sisters!
SLCW: "Oh no, we are not!"
ICW: "Daddy's name is on my birth certificate!"
SLCW: "Our daddy's name may be on your birth certificate, but he told me he is NOT your daddy!"

Daddy (or non-Daddy) is the 94 year old man. I hope he is leaving all his money to the SPCA or his church or ANYTHING other than these two fruitbats. :9f:
This thing is going to get even better when Daddy passes on. I'll buy the popcorn!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 30th, 2018, 10:56 am

I have a bond hearing Monday for a guy locked up Thanksgiving weekend for DUI. Typically on a DUI, the Magistrate will release someone after 4 hours if there is a sober person to release them to, or after 8 if there is not and they have dried out sufficiently, and unless they blow more than a .15 that's all the jail time they see. So it's a bad idea to call the Magistrate's mama names and flip him/her the bird, and causes people who would spend 8 hours in lockup to spend more than a week at the Crossbar Hilton.

FYI, also a bad idea: a person who has drunk an entire bottle of Fireball would best sleep it off someplace, rather than call 911 and say, "I'm drunk as hell and trying to drive home to Madison NC. Can you send someone to help me get there?"
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 1st, 2018, 8:32 am

lawgrad91 wrote:I have a bond hearing Monday for a guy locked up Thanksgiving weekend for DUI. Typically on a DUI, the Magistrate will release someone after 4 hours if there is a sober person to release them to, or after 8 if there is not and they have dried out sufficiently, and unless they blow more than a .15 that's all the jail time they see. So it's a bad idea to call the Magistrate's mama names and flip him/her the bird, and causes people who would spend 8 hours in lockup to spend more than a week at the Crossbar Hilton.

FYI, also a bad idea: a person who has drunk an entire bottle of Fireball would best sleep it off someplace, rather than call 911 and say, "I'm drunk as hell and trying to drive home to Madison NC. Can you send someone to help me get there?"
He gets an "A" for originality.

He probably gets his own chapter in your book.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 12th, 2018, 12:12 pm

There's an obituary in the Martinsville Bulletin today, complete with a photo.

The photo is of the deceased at Pigeon Forge. Standing inside an upright COFFIN.

I understand why a family might think a photo appropriate. I have no issue with that. But her standing in a coffin that says "Hatfield & McCoy Pigeon Forge TN" seems really bizarre. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 17th, 2018, 4:36 pm

Probably a bad idea for a drug dealer defendant to call the informant and ask if he is the one who made the two controlled buys that got the defendant arrested. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 14th, 2019, 1:12 pm

Preliminary hearing this morning on a destruction of property case. Woman is defendant; her husband left her on "the 31st of November" (his words), and has taken up with a new girlfriend who will give him shade in the summer and heat in the winter. Defendant follows them to their place of work. There's a fight between defendant, her mama, estranged husband and new girlfriend. Eventually EH and NG go into the place of employment. Defendant grabs a small baseball bat out of her Lincoln and takes some A-Rod type swings at the vehicle EH and NG were in (a vehicle owned by Enterprise Rent-a-Car). A friend of NG's videos the entire sequence on her phone and emails it to NG, who brings her phone to court with her, and also goes to Walgreens and prints all the videos from her phone, not just the 4 from her friend.

So I'm questioning NG this morning while I'm putting the DVD in the laptop to play the videos for the court. Turns out, there are 16 videos on the DVD.

I click on a random video. It's a can of Great Value Green Beans.

I click on another random video. It's the new girlfriend, wearing her birthday suit and prominently displaying an extremely large boob.

I lose it entirely. Defense counsel asks me if I'm okay, and then if I'm contagious. I'm crying and blowing snot bubbles.

We end up watching the videos off the phone. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » March 14th, 2019, 1:35 pm

=)) =)) =))
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » March 18th, 2019, 11:21 am

=)) :)) =)) :)) =)) :))
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 18th, 2019, 1:58 pm

Grand jury today, our semi-monthly day of weird tattoos and strange clothing.

There's a guy with a t shirt that reads, "THAT $*% CRAY" In VERY LARGE LETTERS. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 25th, 2019, 11:22 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 1:12 pm
Preliminary hearing this morning on a destruction of property case. Woman is defendant; her husband left her on "the 31st of November" (his words), and has taken up with a new girlfriend who will give him shade in the summer and heat in the winter. Defendant follows them to their place of work. There's a fight between defendant, her mama, estranged husband and new girlfriend. Eventually EH and NG go into the place of employment. Defendant grabs a small baseball bat out of her Lincoln and takes some A-Rod type swings at the vehicle EH and NG were in (a vehicle owned by Enterprise Rent-a-Car). A friend of NG's videos the entire sequence on her phone and emails it to NG, who brings her phone to court with her, and also goes to Walgreens and prints all the videos from her phone, not just the 4 from her friend.

So I'm questioning NG this morning while I'm putting the DVD in the laptop to play the videos for the court. Turns out, there are 16 videos on the DVD.

I click on a random video. It's a can of Great Value Green Beans.

I click on another random video. It's the new girlfriend, wearing her birthday suit and prominently displaying an extremely large boob.

I lose it entirely. Defense counsel asks me if I'm okay, and then if I'm contagious. I'm crying and blowing snot bubbles.

We end up watching the videos off the phone. :9f:

Why is the Carrie Underwood song, "Before He Cheats," running through my head? :violence-axechase:

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 27th, 2019, 9:13 pm

The Rev LG wanted to watch the McDonald’s All American Game.

I got to pre-hate one of the players, Armando Bacot, Jr. He will be a sheep.

In looking at him, I noticed something odd. He has a tattoo on his arm.

No, the fact of the tattoo isn’t the oddity. The tattoo reads: PHILIPPINES 4:13. Did he mean PHILIPPIANS 4:13 (“I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength”)? Or is PHILIPPINES 4:13 kind of like Stone Cold Steve Austin’s AUSTIN 3:16, and I’m just not woke? :-\ :-?

There’s nothing in his bio that would indicate any connection with the Philippines. His bio says he “was born in his hometown of Richmond, VA.” :9f: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 28th, 2019, 10:02 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 9:13 pm

No, the fact of the tattoo isn’t the oddity. The tattoo reads: PHILIPPINES 4:13. Did he mean PHILIPPIANS 4:13 (“I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength”)? Or is PHILIPPINES 4:13 kind of like Stone Cold Steve Austin’s AUSTIN 3:16, and I’m just not woke? :-\ :-?

There’s nothing in his bio that would indicate any connection with the Philippines. His bio says he “was born in his hometown of Richmond, VA.” :9f: :9f:
Apparently, someone needed a Snickers.
Life is good!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » March 28th, 2019, 10:51 am

lawgrad91 wrote:

I always say tar heels can't spell.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 28th, 2019, 11:48 am

lawgrad91 wrote:

This is rich, and is something that the Cameron Crazies should know for their cheer sheet next year!

Also, Virginia law (§ 18.2-371.3.) requires that anyone under the age of 18 have a parent or guardian present when the tattoo procedure is going on. So, there are multiple instances of illiteracy going on here.

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 8th, 2019, 12:22 pm

I got an email from one of TigerDevil’s coworkers about a woman charged with failing to appear in court. It’s not my case; it’s Jethro’s. So I forwarded the message to him. When he answered the email, he CC’ed me.

His first line is, “your client was on the LAMB from the law for a long time.”

Um, it’s “on the LAM from the law.”

People on the LAMB get a totally different set of charges, and deservedly so. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 8th, 2019, 1:48 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
May 8th, 2019, 12:22 pm
I got an email from one of TigerDevil’s coworkers about a woman charged with failing to appear in court. It’s not my case; it’s Jethro’s. So I forwarded the message to him. When he answered the email, he CC’ed me.

People on the LAMB get a totally different set of charges, and deservedly so. :9f:
=)) =)) =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukePA

Post by DukePA » May 9th, 2019, 9:22 am

lawgrad91 wrote:

Bwahahahaha!!!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 9th, 2019, 10:23 am

lawgrad91 wrote:

I love Mental Floss. Here is an article about the origin(s) of the phrase "on the lam:" http://mentalfloss.com/article/84871/wh ... als-go-lam

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 9th, 2019, 12:30 pm

CathyCA wrote:
May 9th, 2019, 10:23 am
lawgrad91 wrote:

I love Mental Floss. Here is an article about the origin(s) of the phrase "on the lam:" http://mentalfloss.com/article/84871/wh ... als-go-lam

I love Mental Floss as well. I think they are Duke guys. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.