PWing School Chancellor

Re: Ymm, Beer!

Post by devildeac » March 22nd, 2019, 10:29 pm

From 4/11/17:
devildeac wrote:
April 11th, 2017, 7:29 am
From 9/21/14:
devildeac wrote:KBS-Founder's Brewing

Espresso cups (credit to TNTDevil) and KBS for our Brunchgate dessert/s. Heavenly. This was my next to last 12 ounce bottle of this imperial stout from about 5 years ago (no date on the bottle) and I'm not sure I've seen it since. Poured an inky black with a moderate mocha head and shared 4 ways. Gorgeous bouquet of dark chocolate, espresso and bourbon (barrel/cave-aged for a year) with identical tastes. Thick/viscous/oily on the palate so the flavors lingered tantalizingly. Rich, roasty and boozey with IBUs of 70 and ABV an amazing 11.2%. Fabulous combination with about an ounce of decadent, gooey dark chocolate and coffee-flavored fudge with a dark chocolate-covered coffee bean on top. I think this was about $20 for the 4 pack and that was a few years ago. Well worth the cost if you ever find this April release anywhere.

From last PM:

KBS (draft)-Founders Brewing Company

Kentucky Breakfast Stout. Decadent.

Eight ounce pour ($5.50!) at Bottle Revolution, about 1.5 blocks from my office. Freshly tapped.

Appearance: Darn near black
Head: Moderate, foamy, mocha
Aromas: Espresso, baker's chocolate
Mouthfeel: Viscous, chewy, fudgy
Tastes: Huge amounts of dark cacao, espresso, over-toasted pumpernickel bread, roasted figs/dates and a warm, mildly boozy finish
IBU: 70
ABV: 11.8%

Worth the hype? Yes, as I uncommonly search for rare beers and will splurge on a find like this a few times a year, especially as a beer club member at Bottle Revolution that's a 2 minute walk from my office. How did that help here? They sent an email out last week announcing their lottery: Pick up your ticket after 4 PM and that allowed you to buy 2 bottles (just under $6 each for 12 ounces) after 5 PM. So, after my draft and 2 bottle purchase, I chatted with the owner and saw several tickets were unused and almost 2 cases unsold (they received 3) and inquired if I could purchase 2 more. He said, "Sip your draft and come see me in about 10 minutes. Should be no problem." Fifteen minutes later, the 4 pack was discretely complete. :D

From last PM:

From last PM:

KBS (draft)-Founders Brewing Company

Did anyone know that it's actually Canal Street Brewing Company dba Founders Brewing Company?

Price increase for 2019 now $6/half pint pour .

Dark chocolate, chewy, fudge-y bourbon ball, dipped in ground coffee. In a glass. There are hints of molasses, dark caramel and dried fruits, too. IBUs are the same and this year's ABV is now 12.3% and it is frighteningly quaffable. The two bottles that'll be delivered in 2 weeks from Ohio at $6 each will preclude another half pint or pint draft for me again this weekend or next week. Outstanding BBA flavored imperial stout.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 23rd, 2019, 7:50 am

Unfiltered Wheat Beer-Boulevard Brewing Company (Duvel Moortgat Brewery)

Secret code stampage etched (printed?) on bottom of can:
L010419 19:20
03JUN2019 C

Beer #1 from my March beer club 4 pack.

Why? Because I can't drink dubbels, tripels, IIPAs and imperial stouts all the time.

A rapid pour from a 12 ounce can brought forth a cloudy, fizzy, straw-yellow liquid whose head quickly faded. Mild banana, bubble gum and orange juice scents burst forth from my standard pint glass. Orange flavors were more prominent on the palate along with a hint of spiciness, likely coriander or clove (or both?), followed by some banana, hay and bubble gum. IBUs were 14 (quite mild) and the ABV was 4.4% so no imperial wheat beer or wheat wine here . Quite a pleasant beverage. Would pair well with sweet and sour dishes or a fruit plate.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 24th, 2019, 3:03 pm

From 12/18/16:
devildeac wrote:
December 18th, 2016, 9:23 pm
Event Horizon (2015)-Olde Hickory Brewery

Mattman's short/concise summary is a good one upthread.

This'll be an Olde Hickory Night with a bomber of Event Horizon divided over the last couple nights (all for me!) and looking forward to a snifter of Irish Walker shortly.

Pour of the EH was a dark mahogany with a thin, mocha head that was even smaller the second night. Dark chocolate and a bit of coffee first, followed by more semi-sweet chocolate, some dark fruits and a bit of bourbon the first night which was a bit more noticeable with the second serving, especially as I let it warm over 30-45 minutes. I'll guess the IBUs about 60 with more roastiness than hop bitterness. The ABV was a bit lacking for the style (imperial stout) at 8.5%. Round up the usual suspects for pairings: a snifter and a slice of triple chocolate cake or, as I nibbled the last 2 nights, some chocolate-cherry-covered dark cherries.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 24th, 2019, 10:47 pm

Milk Stout Nitro-Left Hand Brewing Company

016:20:26 5369
Best by 09/13/18

A bit dated , but still a good sipper tonight.

This was a 13.65 FL. OZ. can (Don't ask me, I just read the stuff off the can/label ) that was beer #2 from my March beer club 4 pack.

Poured aggressively and it all actually fit into my standard pint glass but just barely with its nitro head which was voluminous, tan and frothy. Burnt grain nose with a splash of coffee (not added). Tastes were more burnt grain along with burnt caramel and milk chocolate. Lots of roasty goodness with a smooth, creamy mouth feel from the added oats, plus some hints of semi-sweet chocolate from the added lactose. I'll guess IBUs about 50 and the ABV was declared at 6%. Classic stout that would be tasty with a beef roast/steak or with a couple brownies.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 25th, 2019, 9:57 pm

From 10/31/12:
devildeac wrote:
October 31st, 2012, 10:48 pm
Tank 7-Boulevard Brewing

Their story first:

Most breweries have at least one piece of equipment that’s just a bit persnickity. Here at Boulevard we have fermenter number seven, the black sheep of our cellar family. Ironically, when our brewers were experimenting with variations on a traditional Belgian-style farmhouse ale, the perfect combination of elements came together in that very vessel. You could call it fate, but they called it Tank 7, and so it is. Beginning with a big surge of fruity aromatics and grapefruit-hoppy notes, the flavor of this complex, straw-colored ale tapers off to a peppery, dry finish.

My story:

We/I beg to differ. It's labeled as a farmhouse ale but seems more of hybrid between a Belgian IPA and a farmhouse ale. Color and low bitterness with an IBU of 38 makes me think farmhouse but the grapefruitiness with hints of papaya and mango with a bit of Belgian yeast funk and pepper accompanied by an ABV of 8% makes me think IPA. Not sure whether I'd serve this with a fruity salsa and chicken or fish or with a hot/spicy dish like a curry or General Tso's chicken. Either way, I did enjoy this 12 ounce single from a $10 four pack. One for me, one for...

From last PM:

Tank 7-Boulevard Brewing (a division of Duvel Moorgat)

Beer #3 from my March beer club 4 pack. A very nice selection.

I think the only thing that has changed is the ABV which is 8.5% now making it an imperial saison . There may be a bit less citrus/tropical fruity flavors and some more tastes of apples and pears (neither added). I think I saw this for about $2.75/12 ounce bottle on the shelf and that would be a high quality purchase.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 30th, 2019, 10:02 pm

Mango Wheat-Blue Moon Brewing Company

Because there is no Meh, Beer thread .

(stop snickering)

OCT2218 (stamped on neck of bottle)

Leftover in the fridge by friends from several months ago that needed to be consumed .

Poured a slightly cloudy yellow-orange with a modest, creamy head from a 12 ounce bottle into a standard pint glass. Pretty sweet smells and tastes ("crafted with ripe mango" and natural flavors on the label) of mango (d'oh!) along with some orange and hints of spiciness. Mild bitterness with an estimate of 20 and the ABV of 5.4%. Not something I'd purchase but happy to sip tonight and think it'd be fine with a plate of fruit or a sweet and sour dish on a warm spring or summer evening.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 31st, 2019, 11:58 am

Golden Delicious-Captain Lawrence Brewing Company

Not local!

Canned 08132018

With that date, I had a bit of hesitation before pouring but our son got one of these pint cans in our beer exchange last month and greatly enjoyed his serving last week so I was reassured.

It's a Belgian-style tripel so the vigorous pour into an over-sized wind glass brought forth an orange-yellow elixir with a generous, fizzy head that left a nice amount of Belgian lacing on the sides of the glass and top of the ale. The slightly sour apple aroma was a bit surprising but not really knowing the apple brandy barrel aging. Tastes were more in line with the style and included hints of orange and rind, sugar syrup, some spices, cider, apple brandy, mild Lemon Warhead sourness and wood. IBUs were 35 with minimal floral bitterness. ABV was 11% and was dangerously hidden. Was a delicious nightcap but would pair well with fruited, mild salsa-basted chicken or seafood. Would readily buy again for about $5/16 ounces.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 2nd, 2019, 7:24 pm

Official-Bell's Brewery

Stamped on bottom of pint can:

24184 PKGD 18:54
020619 047494

Style: hazy IPA
Appearance: slightly hazy (d'oh!)
Color: light orange-yellow
Head: slightly off-white and voluminous (poured aggressively into standard pint glass in 2 equal portions)
Aromas: pineapple, peach and orange
Mouthfeel: tingly
Tastes: flowers, orange, peach, pineapple, grapefruit and slightly sweet yet mildly bitter
Grains: wheat and pilsner (types not specified)
Hops: DDH with Mosaic, Citra, Azacca, Amarillo and El Dorado (all juicy varieties)
IBUs: not quoted (*see below-LOL); estimated 40-50
ABV: 6.4%
Overall impression: The last beer from my March beer club 4 pack is enthusiastically recommended. Good for the style and very sippable.

* Why don't we list IBUs?

There is a difference between absolute bitterness and perceived bitterness. IBUs are useful for homebrewers for the purpose of clone recipes, but it doesn’t always tell the whole story. Expedition Stout is a good example. It has more IBUs than more traditional hoppy beers like Two Hearted and Hopslam.

IBUs: 55
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 3rd, 2019, 11:46 am

Nütella-Casita Cerveceria Brewery

Drink local!

Pint can for about $5 after my 15% case discount in February with one for me, one for the 30 for 30 daughter and one for devildeac2.

Poured the first eight ounces aggressively into my Founders snifter and found a dark, dark brown concoction with a moderate-sized, creamy tan head. Amazing nose of dark chocolate, coffee and hazelnuts, living up to the labeling as an imperial stout brewed with "large amounts of hazelnut coffee." The tastes would be worthy of a splash of cream, meaning a ton of heavily roasted grains, a generous helping of espresso, dark chocolate, molasses and nuts. IBUs estimated around 60, maybe a bit higher. ABV was 12.5%, readily explaining how/why I fell asleep in my reading chair after my first serving and sipping the second portion as a nightcap. Another highly recommended beverage from the small, eastern NC brewery.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 3rd, 2019, 10:48 pm

Caliente GBS-Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

From the 2018 GBS Complete Set.

Many thanks to accfanfron1970 for the brewery pick-up (5 cases!) and to fuse for the Richmond to Raleigh beer porterage!

I must admit that I had my qualms about this pepper beer but accfan re-assured me this was good when he purchased several extras after securing his complete set.

This was a 500 ml bottle shared with devildeac2 tonight, each with our own snifters. Pour was a dark, dark brown with a small tan head. Smells like the original GBS-ginger, cinnamon, mild chocolate, vanilla. Tastes like the original GBS with the addition of Scotch Bonnet peppers which add a mild amount of heat as the concoction warmed over 30-45 minutes, but not a fiery mess. I think the cinnamon masks the warmth of the peppers quite nicely. IBUs are 55 and ABV is 9.2%, both matching the original stats. I'll put this in the same category as Christmas Morning and Christmas Pancakes as the set goes, meaning all are very good and I'd buy again but there are better/more enjoyable variants.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 4th, 2019, 8:04 pm

Rye Barrel GBS-Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

Two tips of the snifters to accfanfrom1970 and fuse for their porterage! Thanks!

Devildeac2 and I shared this 750 ml bottle last PM, taking about 45 minutes for the tasting.

Poured a dark brown with a thin, tan head. Spices tantalize the nostrils with cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, dark chocolate and hints of whiskey. Mouth feel was moderately viscous with dark chocolate, a tingle of ginger, more vanilla, mild sweetness, lots of heavily roasted grains, dark caramel with a mildly warming, whiskey-ish finale. IBUs are 55, same as all the other GBS products and this weighs in at 12% ABV with the booze hidden reasonably well. Wonderful nightcap. I like the Double Barrel GBS 2017 and BBA GBS 2017 a bit better than this which is on par with the standard issue GBS and better than the Christmas Pancakes and Christmas Morning.

It's nice to finally be sipping my way through the Complete GBS set from 2018 though several will last until football season this year.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 4th, 2019, 10:26 pm

From 1/1/19:
devildeac wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 6:24 pm
In the better late than never category (I'm looking at you, mattman... ) from Sunday evening:

Dragon's Milk Reserve Banana Coconut-New Holland Brewing Company

They make several variants of this every year and this is the first year I actually purchased any of them.

Twelve ounce bottle ($6 because Total Wine only had 2 left and I generally hate paying single prices as I think this would have been $18/4 pack ) shared 3 ways in almost brand new 5 ounce snifters gifted to me at Christmas. Pour was somewhat viscous and almost black. Banana liqueur aromas first, then semi-sweet chocolate morsels, followed by Coco Lopez and then bourbon. The tastes matched the scents very well. No IBUs quoted so I'll guess 40-50 based on the imperial stout style. ABV was 11%, just like the original Dragon's Milk. Our daughter doesn't like bananas much so guess who (cough) helped her out with her portion ?
From tonight:

Dragon's Milk Reserve Banana Coconut-New Holland Brewing Company

Bottled
09/07/18 14:54

Our son liked this a bit more than our daughter 3 months ago but not a favorite with either child. I think the bourbon was a bit "softer" than 3 months ago, otherwise, I don't think much changed with the additional "cellaring." Lots of coconut and banana in the aromas and tastes. Don't think I'd buy this variant again but very happy to have tasted and shared.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 4th, 2019, 10:32 pm

From 1/1/19:
devildeac wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 6:33 pm
Second beer from Sunday night's tasting:

Dragon's Milk Reserve Cherry Chocolate-New Holland Brewing Company

Another 12 ounce bottle shared 3 ways as our daughter really, really likes cherries and chocolate so she got a larger portion of this one.

Pour was also almost black with ruby highlights and a thin, tan head. What a dark chocolate cherry shake might taste like with a shot of bourbon with all the expected scents and flavors accounted for from the moment of it escaped from the bottle to the last droplet we could extract from our snifters. We also thought it tasted like a Black Forest cake that had been soaked in bourbon before serving. I'll guess about 50 IBUs again based on the imperial stout style/base beer. The ABV was also 11%. This was my winner from the evening.
From tonight:

Dragon's Milk Reserve Cherry Chocolate-New Holland Brewing

Bottled
04/06/18 13:35

This one wins again. A dark chocolate cherry cordial filled with a bourbon liqueur with the emphasis on semi-sweet chocolate and dark cherries.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 7th, 2019, 2:25 pm

no. 3-(Cultivated by) Brewery Bhavana

Local, indeed!

From this:

https://brewerybhavana.com/cellardoor

Humble and profuse appreciation to fuse for buying extras of each of the first six releases in the series last year as part of his club membership and providing them as traders in December, IIRC.

(And no, I haven't sampled no. 1 or no. 2 yet.)

Their description:

"An elegant blend of three Sauvignon Blanc wine barrels, this golden sour has hints of tangerine, soursop, pink peppercorns, and citrus zest."

My description (late entry from Thursday night):

Poured from a $13 750 ml bottle (not quite a steal but quite a deal) into Gouden Carolus chalices and shared with our son whilst we dined on a grilled pork roast, smashed red potatoes and roasted mixed vegetables. Appearance was bubbly but the thin head quickly faded, still leaving a bit of a tingle for the palate. Color was a pale, pink-tinged, orange-yellow. Aromas were mild vinegar and sour fruits. Our palates told us sour berries, lemon-limeade, orange zest, wet wood and more zinfandel than Sauvignon Blanc. I'll guess 10 IBUs (sour, not bitter, if that makes sense). ABV was 6.2%. Perhaps not the best pairing with pork but still a very pleasant experience. I'm greatly anticipating the remaining 5 bottles of different styles and/or barrel-agings.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 9th, 2019, 7:25 am

Bourbon Barrel-Aged Edinbrue (several ink smudges on bottom of can)-Brueprint Brewing Company

Pint can (~$4) bought in mid-February as part of the 30 beers for 30 years gift for our younger daughter and trading package with our son with this one reserved for me. .

It's a Scotch (style) ale that has slept in bourbon barrels for months and months.

Two equal aliquots of 8 ounces each over an hour from a standard pint glass. Mildly murky, dark amber without sediment. Wow, this is boozy along with caramel and a bit of smoke wafting from the glass. Tasting confirms this is quite boozy, along with some herbal/earthy hops, some peat, dark caramel, vanilla, oak/wood and toasted coconut. Rather warming at 9% ABV (I'd have thought 11% or more) and very mild on the palate at 19 IBUs. Maybe serve this with a steak or beef brisket? Maybe make it dessert? I like Catawba's BBA Hooligan better but this was quite good.

I'd buy this again (and again) but may sample the Thirsty Dog BBA Wulver tonight as a comparison as the owner of the bottle shop at which I bought this said one of his distributors thought this one was even better than the Brueprint product.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 12th, 2019, 8:37 pm

"Put that coffee down!"

From 1/5/18:
devildeac wrote:
January 5th, 2018, 11:22 pm
Coffee Is For Closers-Fullsteam Brewery

Pass the cream and sugar! Wait a minute, it already has milk sugar (aka lactose) listed as an ingredient .

Pour from a 12 ounce can, generously gifted by fuse last year, well, last month, was a dark brown with almost a milkshake thick, tan head. Enticing aromas of dark roast coffee with some dark chocolate. The coffee tastes were not as bold as When The Lights Go Out and I think I like the bit more subtle coffee flavors here. There's heavily roasted, almost burned grainy tastes, a splash of cream/sweetness, some dark milk chocolates (or should that be milky dark chocolates) and a swizzle of dark caramel. IBUs on the scale at 36 and the ABV is 6%, both a bit higher than the Sun King coffee porter. This was wonderful with a large bowl of Mrs. dd's home made chili tonight but would also be at home with a slice of chocolate cake, too. An outstanding concoction. Thanks again to fuse for sharing one of his favorite brews!
From dinner time tonight:

Coffee Is For Closers-Fullsteam Brewery

12/18/18
CANNED

Getting near the end of February's beer purchases for younger daughter (30 for 30), son (traders) and self (treat!). I think there are 2 left and one is poised for launching late tonight.

This was either about $1.50 or $1.70 after my 15% large purchase discount and well worth it. Review above still holds true and it paired quite well with a pulled pork sammich (homemade by a friend and bought at a fundraiser recently) and some homemade slaw. A delicious coffee porter. Would also make a great tailgate breakfast beverage.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 12th, 2019, 10:51 pm

devildeac wrote:
March 9th, 2016, 10:27 pm
From 1/22/15:

Skillet Donut Stout-Burial Beer Company

Dark fudge coffee. Or maybe coffee infused dark chocolate fudge. I divided this 750 ml capped bottle over the last couple nights. Poured a slightly thin, almost black hue with a huge coffee nose from the 50/50 blend of cold pressed Hologram and Big Trouble coffees from Counter Culture Coffee (as stated on Burial's website). Bottle says 9 malts, website says 6-row Pale malt, along with Nugget hops, oats, milk sugar (lactose), molasses, and surprisingly, no chocolate. But this sure tastes like semi-sweet dark chocolate morsels with a handful of raisins. I think they serve this at the brewery with a chocolate donut hole. It'd also be delicious with any other chocolate or caramel dessert or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Liquid dessert also works. Comparable to Founder's Breakfast Stout but not quite in the same league as their KBS, but you never know what a few months of bourbon barrel aging might do to this ale. IBUs stated as 60 and ABV at 8% and served at about 50-55 degrees as suggested on the bottle. They claim this will be canned in early 2015 so I can imagine the demand for this may be rather high.

From tonight:

Skillet Donut Stout-Burial Beer Company

(mostly unreadable ink smudges on bottom of pint can)

Next-to-the-last purchase from February's splurge. About $5 for the pint can after my 15% "bulk" purchase discount.

I don't think much has changed WRT appearance, aromas or tasting. Still a superb flavored coffee imperial milk stout. I had no donut holes at home so I settled for a giant, day old chocolate chip cookie from a favorite gourmet cookie shop in town. Highly recommended. Ymm, (cookies and) Beer.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 16th, 2019, 8:19 pm

From 4/16/17:
devildeac wrote:
April 16th, 2017, 9:20 pm
Raspberry Stout (2015?)-Hardywood Craft Brewery

Thanks, duketaylor!

One of the 750 ml corked and caged bottles that never got delivered during FB or MBB finally arrived in my back hallway after our younger daughter and a couple her friends met up with duketaylor a couple weekends ago for the exchange.

Pour was a dark, dark brown with lots of ruby highlights. Modest head and the expected aromas of chocolate and berries. Tastes tantalized with more of the same with a little bit of sour but a lot of red raspberry and dark chocolate flavors. There's some dark roasted grains and a drop or two of coffee here, too. Think a raspberry-chocolate torte or layer cake. IBUs of 50 and a deceiving ABV of 9.2%. This was divided 4 ways and we still haven't seen or tasted any baked goods with our liquid pleasures.

There is a second bottle and I think I see faint lettering on the label that looks like "fuse" but the printing is getting very, very difficult to discern...

8-|
From last PM and tonight:

Raspberry Stout (2018?)-Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

Hardywood doesn't date their bottles in any way so I'm guessing this is a fall/winter release as I bought four 500 ml bottles (a new format at $6 each-a very respectable price) in February with 2 going to our son as traders and the other 2 for me as I couldn't find "fuse" designated anywhere on any of the purchases .

I doubt much has changed as my visual and tasting impressions were pretty similar with the above and the current sampling with the same advanced stats. Perhaps this issue was a bit more tart/sour but the dark chocolate/cacao nibs and red raspberries were still shining stars. Highly recommended. I *think* accfanfrom1970 mentioned or inquired about a BBA version but I haven't seen that in NC. Perhaps he has a few thoughts he'd like to post...
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 17th, 2019, 11:05 am

Fullsteam Brewery created a custom IPA for the Duke Class of 1984 for our 35th reunion this past weekend. It's called "Beer on Points" in honor of our ability to purchase beer on our meal card points back in the day.

I had a taste. It was too hoppy for me. I stepped out of the reunion tent and watered some of the plants in the Duke Gardens as I emptied my souvenir can. Almost as soon as I finished pouring out the beer, there was a member of the waitstaff asking if she could take my can and throw it away for me. Um, no! The can is my souvenir! It's a lovely reminder of my days at Duke.

They tell me that there are still a few cases of the stuff left for pickup at Fullsteam in Durham.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 17th, 2019, 1:58 pm

CathyCA wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 11:05 am

Fullsteam Brewery created a custom IPA for the Duke Class of 1984 for our 35th reunion this past weekend. It's called "Beer on Points" in honor of our ability to purchase beer on our meal card points back in the day.

I had a taste. It was too hoppy for me. I stepped out of the reunion tent and watered some of the plants in the Duke Gardens as I emptied my souvenir can. Almost as soon as I finished pouring out the beer, there was a member of the waitstaff asking if she could take my can and throw it away for me. Um, no! The can is my souvenir! It's a lovely reminder of my days at Duke.

They tell me that there are still a few cases of the stuff left for pickup at Fullsteam in Durham.

:9f:
That is great!