Graduate Student at PWing school

#3 Duke vs BC

Post by Jesus_hurley » January 27th, 2011, 2:07 pm

#3 Duke vs Boston College
Duke vs Boston College
8:00 PM (Raycom)
Cameron Indoor

Boston College comes to Cameron tonight looking to get back on the winning track after dropping their game @FSU last weekend. The Eagles are currently 14-6 overall and 4-2 in the ACC, with their losses coming @FSU by 4 and @Miami by 1. This is the first matchup between Coach K and Steve Donahue.

Boston College doesn't turn the ball over often, giving it up just 11 times per game - tops in the ACC this year. This has helped to make up for them being a relatively poor rebounding team on both ends of the floor, as they are averaging 1.2 rebounds less then their opponents on the year. They are able to put points on the board consistently - they are 48% from the floor overall, 39% from behind the arc and 72% from the line so far this year. However, BC has had trouble on the defensive end of the court allowing opponents to put up points with ease at times and forcing just 11 turnovers per game vs 16 for Duke.

In the scoring column, BC is led by Junior guard Reggie Jackson's 19PPG and 5APG. Jackson also adds almost 5 rebounds per game, second on the team to Josh Southern. Impressive considering Jackson is just 6'3". Joe Trapini is the team's second leading scorer at 14PPG. Trapini, now in his 10th year on the team, has given Duke issues in past matchups. The primary post player is Josh Southern. While his stats are not that impressive (8ppg, 4rpg), Southern is big at 6'10" 265. But on a good note, BC does not have someone as large to back Southern up so when he is out of the game they are forced to play smaller - which is a contributing factor to their rebounding woes.

Duke has never lost to Boston College in Cameron and holds a 12-2 advantage in the all-time series.

JH's predicition: Duke wins 82-61

Kenpom predicts an 88-69 win

GoDuke.com game notes

GO DUKE!!!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Re: #3 Duke vs BC

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 27th, 2011, 2:39 pm

I am so glad that Sean Marshall and Jared Dudley are long gone from BC!! I am sure, some other Thug like player, will step up to the cause! Sean and Jared just taunted the heck out of our players. ie: Sean just tormented JJ Redick. And JJ talked smack back to them.

Then there was the ACC tourney game in Greenboro... Duke and BC.... where the somewhat fight broke out.... And Greg Paulus, didnt even know what was going on!

(Times like that, I wish Miami, VaTech and BC..... were not in the ACC).... but we had to have Expansion..... a necessary evil. At least we don't have Kentucky or West Virginia. (or almost any of those SEC schools....lol)
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » January 27th, 2011, 2:42 pm

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:I am so glad that Sean Marshall and Jared Dudley are long gone from BC!! I am sure, some other Thug like player, will step up to the cause! Sean and Jared just taunted the heck out of our players. ie: Sean just tormented JJ Redick. And JJ talked smack back to them.

Then there was the ACC tourney game in Greenboro... Duke and BC.... where the somewhat fight broke out.... And Greg Paulus, didnt even know what was going on!
Don't forget the game in Cameron in 2001 (before BC joined the ACC), when JWill got shoved into the scorer's table right toward the end of a ~20 point win after a series of ball fakes.
To be fair, Jason kind of asked for it; he was definitely taunting with the fakes. But the shove was still unnecessary.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » January 27th, 2011, 10:47 pm

It was a pretty "thugless" game this time. But, where was the "OH! BABY!" cheer? There were some absolutely beautiful plays in this game!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Johnboy
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Johnboy » January 27th, 2011, 11:44 pm

Jesus_hurley wrote: Kenpom predicts an 88-69 win
That's not too bad of a prediction. Marvelous game after the first 10 minutes.
"And Johnboy is right" - lawgrad91
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 28th, 2011, 9:18 am

No shoves or taunting in this BC game last night!!! THATS DUE to THE NEW COACH!!!! Didnt he arrive to BC, from Cornell?

The assist from Nolan to Mason, and then Mason's dunk, made the SportsCenters Top 10 plays of the day, last night!

Another Great win in Cameron last night.

And as always,

Go Duke!!!!!!
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » January 28th, 2011, 10:29 am

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:No shoves or taunting in this BC game last night!!! THATS DUE to THE NEW COACH!!!! Didnt he arrive to BC, from Cornell?
That would be correct.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » January 28th, 2011, 11:02 am

Johnboy wrote:
Jesus_hurley wrote: Kenpom predicts an 88-69 win
That's not too bad of a prediction. Marvelous game after the first 10 minutes.
The prediction I sent to DBP to try and win some tickets was 83-68. If Mason had missed one more free throw I'd be going to a game....
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » January 28th, 2011, 12:57 pm

Top 5 plays

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » January 28th, 2011, 1:16 pm

Jesus_hurley wrote:
The prediction I sent to DBP to try and win some tickets was 83-68. If Mason had missed one more free throw I'd be going to a game....
At times, it did appear that it might not have been for lack of trying. :twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"