Name Three Cities in North America

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: Name Three Cities in North America

Post by EarlJam » September 21st, 2010, 8:33 pm

ohioguy2 wrote: San Fran--one of if not the best city I have ever been to, and I have been to London. Only my opinion, but London is over priced and over rated. I would much rather go to Dublin again.
Back in the early 2000s, I was in San Francisco watching Giants baseball in October. It was cold. I went for a walk in one of the areas (can't recall it) and saw a homeless man under a blanket. I went to the Starbucks on the corner and bought a large (or whatever it's called) hot chocolate. Went back out and tapped the guy on the shoulder, offering him the hot chocolate. He smiled, said "thank you," and suddenly out popped the head of a female from the blanket. Everyone seemed happy, so I just gave him the drink and without really knowing what to said, just told him, "Well, after you're done, this is for you man."

True story, and my own special moment in San Francisco.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » September 21st, 2010, 9:18 pm

EarlJam wrote:
ohioguy2 wrote: San Fran--one of if not the best city I have ever been to, and I have been to London. Only my opinion, but London is over priced and over rated. I would much rather go to Dublin again.
Back in the early 2000s, I was in San Francisco watching Giants baseball in October. It was cold. I went for a walk in one of the areas (can't recall it) and saw a homeless man under a blanket. I went to the Starbucks on the corner and bought a large (or whatever it's called) hot chocolate. Went back out and tapped the guy on the shoulder, offering him the hot chocolate. He smiled, said "thank you," and suddenly out popped the head of a female from the blanket. Everyone seemed happy, so I just gave him the drink and without really knowing what to said, just told him, "Well, after you're done, this is for you man."

-EarlJam
Bless your heart!!!!!!! :romance-romance: :romance-smileyheart:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » September 21st, 2010, 9:24 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:
EarlJam wrote:

-EarlJam
Bless your heart!!!!!!! :romance-romance: :romance-smileyheart:
Love, Ima
Just to be clear, the point of my post was NOT to say, "Hey I bought this guy some hot chocolate," rather, it was my surprise that I thought he might be miserable under the blankets, in the cold, and yes, while I was trying to do a good thing, it was just funny to me that all along the guy seemed quite pleased that he was having sex and now had a hot chocolate for him afterwards. It was a win-win-win for all!

-EJ
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 21st, 2010, 11:00 pm

EarlJam wrote:

-EarlJam
In San Francisco, it was a female who popped out from under the blanket?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 22nd, 2010, 11:58 am

ohioguy2 wrote:
Only my opinion, but London is over priced and over rated. I would much rather go to Dublin again.

London might seem overpriced, but actually isn't (at least if you follow the list of the world's most expensive cities in which it just creeps into 10th spot). If you know what you are doing in London, it can actually be quite cheap. I think what makes it seem expensive is the exchange rate. And it certainly isn't overrated, not by a long shot. Dublin is a nice place but, unfortunately, is full of the Irish so I avoid it as much as I can.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 22nd, 2010, 2:29 pm

colchar wrote:
ohioguy2 wrote:
Only my opinion, but London is over priced and over rated. I would much rather go to Dublin again.

London might seem overpriced, but actually isn't (at least if you follow the list of the world's most expensive cities in which it just creeps into 10th spot). If you know what you are doing in London, it can actually be quite cheap. I think what makes it seem expensive is the exchange rate. And it certainly isn't overrated, not by a long shot. Dublin is a nice place but, unfortunately, is full of the Irish so I avoid it as much as I can.
And of all the weird luck, Toronto and Montreal appear to be more expensive than London, England!
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles ... e%20Cities
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 23rd, 2010, 12:31 pm

Lavabe wrote:
colchar wrote:
ohioguy2 wrote:

And of all the weird luck, Toronto and Montreal appear to be more expensive than London, England!
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles ... e%20Cities

Yep, that latest version of the list was the one I was referring to above.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » September 25th, 2010, 8:00 am

Ahh but the livin' is cheap in Bugtussle...so long as you can afford the ammunition. Thar's sum mitee tastee critters in 'em woods up arr! :D
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"