Missed Connections

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

rockymtn devil
Part Time Student at PWing school

Missed Connections

Post by rockymtn devil » May 28th, 2009, 9:13 pm

Does anyone else read this shit? The internet is full of funny stuff, but craigslist missed connections is consistently the best.

My crowning achievement is that I once made missed connections. Yes, my life is lame.
:ymbilly: vs. :ymhiro: Ken vs. Ryu. Classic.
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Missed Connections

Post by Sue71 » May 28th, 2009, 9:19 pm

rockymtn devil wrote:Does anyone else read this shit? The internet is full of funny stuff, but craigslist missed connections is consistently the best.

My crowning achievement is that I once made missed connections. Yes, my life is lame.
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 29th, 2009, 7:02 am

I'm afraid to ask, but what is missed connections? x_x

And is it hard to find over there? I don't frequent craigslist too much.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 29th, 2009, 8:41 pm

bjornolf wrote:I'm afraid to ask, but what is missed connections? x_x

And is it hard to find over there? I don't frequent craigslist too much.

%%-
Don't feel too badly, bjornolf. I don't know either!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
rockymtn devil

Post by rockymtn devil » May 29th, 2009, 8:46 pm

You guys are missing out. It is seriously funny shit. It isn't one of the erotic portions of Craigslist. Instead it's where people post about others that they've seen on the street or at the park and were unable to talk to. So, they post online hoping that, against all odds, that person happens to read missed connections that day.

Example: http://denver.craigslist.org/mis/1195121908.html
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 29th, 2009, 8:50 pm

RMD, tell us your story on missed connections. Did you ever respond to the note about you?
I worship the Blue Devil!
rockymtn devil

Post by rockymtn devil » May 29th, 2009, 9:05 pm

TillyGalore wrote:RMD, tell us your story on missed connections. Did you ever respond to the note about you?
It was from the dog park, and although I didn't contact her, I remember who it was because she posted a picture of her dog (I thought she was there with her girlfriend; apparently I was wrong). I had gone early on a Sunday morning and when I got home and made coffee and was browsing the internet, I came across it.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 29th, 2009, 10:46 pm

I cruise missed connections pretty regularly too, and if I ever see an ad looking for me there, I'm definitely responding, if for no other reason because the hopeless romantic in me (which...full confession...is pretty sizable) would like to believe that that sort of thing actually happens in real life.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 30th, 2009, 8:31 am

rockymtn devil wrote:You guys are missing out. It is seriously funny shit. It isn't one of the erotic portions of Craigslist. Instead it's where people post about others that they've seen on the street or at the park and were unable to talk to. So, they post online hoping that, against all odds, that person happens to read missed connections that day.

When I lived in DC, the local weekly paper (can't remember the name of it) would do the same thing. It was great to read "I was eyeing you in Dupont circle, noticed your green hair" type stuff. Then you'd read the next week to see if anyone responded. If they did, we'd go to wherever they agreed to meet back up and see who they were.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 30th, 2009, 9:58 pm

wilson wrote:I cruise missed connections pretty regularly too, and if I ever see an ad looking for me there, I'm definitely responding, if for no other reason because the hopeless romantic in me (which...full confession...is pretty sizable) would like to believe that that sort of thing actually happens in real life.
I'm going to quit reading your posts. You keep making me want to be 20 years younger.
Life is good!
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 30th, 2009, 10:04 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
rockymtn devil wrote:You guys are missing out. It is seriously funny shit. It isn't one of the erotic portions of Craigslist. Instead it's where people post about others that they've seen on the street or at the park and were unable to talk to. So, they post online hoping that, against all odds, that person happens to read missed connections that day.

When I lived in DC, the local weekly paper (can't remember the name of it) would do the same thing. It was great to read "I was eyeing you in Dupont circle, noticed your green hair" type stuff. Then you'd read the next week to see if anyone responded. If they did, we'd go to wherever they agreed to meet back up and see who they were.
That's awesome. Did you ever see any "reunions"?
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 30th, 2009, 11:24 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
wilson wrote:I cruise missed connections pretty regularly too, and if I ever see an ad looking for me there, I'm definitely responding, if for no other reason because the hopeless romantic in me (which...full confession...is pretty sizable) would like to believe that that sort of thing actually happens in real life.
I'm going to quit reading your posts. You keep making me want to be 20 years younger.
:ymblushing: