What's for dinner?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by devildeac » August 2nd, 2010, 2:51 pm

Whatever I have a coupon for tonight. Mrs. DD is enjoying a couple days and a night away from the nest.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 2nd, 2010, 3:45 pm

devildeac wrote:Whatever I have a coupon for tonight. Mrs. DD is enjoying a couple days and a night away from the nest.
Roadtrip to Sami's, perhaps?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 2nd, 2010, 4:38 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote:Whatever I have a coupon for tonight. Mrs. DD is enjoying a couple days and a night away from the nest.
Roadtrip here for lemon peppers at the end of the week. :flame: :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 2nd, 2010, 4:46 pm

Leftovers.
-- DukeUsul
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 2nd, 2010, 4:55 pm

I'm going to Kanes and Walkers, aka K&W with mom for a vegetable plate.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 2nd, 2010, 5:04 pm

Beef back ribs, baked beans, garden veggies and what ever else I might decide. :duke:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 2nd, 2010, 5:45 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
I'm on call so no leaving town, but not a bad thought.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 2nd, 2010, 5:52 pm

Probably going to Texas Steak House here in Smithfield (not to be confused with the Texas Roadhouse chain in Raleigh/Briar Creek and I think in Greenville). They have pretty darn good margaritas for 99 cents on Mondays! Yeah, we eat food, too... Gee, there's no martini-like glass smilie to insert here. :(
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 2nd, 2010, 6:03 pm

I'm grilling steak and veggies.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 2nd, 2010, 6:10 pm

As we speak, Native's big brother is out mowing the OP's front yard. We'll all head out to reward him with some salmon at Squid's when he's done. Then back home to attack the peach streusel pie that's in my oven.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 2nd, 2010, 6:47 pm

Mushroom ravioli drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkled with Parmesan and mozzarella. Salad. White wine. I'm cleaning out the fridge before our trip to Virginia Beach later in the week.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 2nd, 2010, 7:14 pm

Miles wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I ate at El Maguey on the Loop. I give it a hearty :Boo: . Maybe the worst Mexican food I've had in St. Louis, and that's saying something. I knew I was in trouble when the salsa tasted like ketchup with chopped onion and pepper added.
That sounds like the Mexican food I had in Germany. We were with a bunch of German customers that raved about this place WE HAD to visit because it WAS THE BEST Mexican food in Dusseldorf. The salsa was in fact ketchup with chopped onions and peppers, and I think that was the end of the seasoning for the meals. My boss and I, both living in San Diego, were accustomed to dining at some of the best Mexican restaurants and taco stands in the WORLD.

Epic fail.
And THAT sounds like the barbecue I had in a 'burb of Boston! I went to a local place that my colleagues from Connecticut raved about. The chopped pork was that stuff that they used to give us in the school cafeteria - finely chopped and mixed with lots of sauce. The sides were not what one would normally expect to find as sides in a barbecue restaurant (no coleslaw?!). Grilled asparagus is good, but it's not normally something one would find served with 'cue. I told them that it was cute when Yankees tried to cook Southern food, and that they should come visit me in The Rock to get real barbecue.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 2nd, 2010, 7:17 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Miles wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I ate at El Maguey on the Loop. I give it a hearty :Boo: . Maybe the worst Mexican food I've had in St. Louis, and that's saying something. I knew I was in trouble when the salsa tasted like ketchup with chopped onion and pepper added.
That sounds like the Mexican food I had in Germany. We were with a bunch of German customers that raved about this place WE HAD to visit because it WAS THE BEST Mexican food in Dusseldorf. The salsa was in fact ketchup with chopped onions and peppers, and I think that was the end of the seasoning for the meals. My boss and I, both living in San Diego, were accustomed to dining at some of the best Mexican restaurants and taco stands in the WORLD.

Epic fail.
And THAT sounds like the barbecue I had in a 'burb of Boston! I went to a local place that my colleagues from Connecticut raved about. The chopped pork was that stuff that they used to give us in the school cafeteria - finely chopped and mixed with lots of sauce. The sides were not what one would normally expect to find as sides in a barbecue restaurant (no coleslaw?!). Grilled asparagus is good, but it's not normally something one would find served with 'cue. I told them that it was cute when Yankees tried to cook Southern food, and that they should come visit me in The Rock to get real barbecue.

Barbecue with grilled asparagus? :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 2nd, 2010, 7:19 pm

Lavabe wrote:Sorry 'bout that Arkie. I guess that place changed over the years. At one point it was decent. I always thought that Blueberry Hill was great (still is), but Saleems (Where garlic is king) was overrated, Cicero's was decent, and El Maguey was ok.

I didn't mean to recommend a place that sucked. :doh:

I've been decent with my other rec's... sorry 'bout this one.
I'll let you off the hook this time. I need to try Cicero's. Will probably end up kicking myself for not getting that Groupon for Cicero's. You are correct about Blueberry Hill; I took some visiting family members there. A visit to Blueberry Hill should be on the St. Louis Bucket List.

Fortunately El Maguey is just across the road from Ben & Jerry's. Guess what I had for dessert! (I had my Ted Drewe's fix on Saturday night: strawberry shortcake concrete.)
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 2nd, 2010, 7:20 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:And THAT sounds like the barbecue I had in a 'burb of Boston! I went to a local place that my colleagues from Connecticut raved about. The chopped pork was that stuff that they used to give us in the school cafeteria - finely chopped and mixed with lots of sauce. The sides were not what one would normally expect to find as sides in a barbecue restaurant (no coleslaw?!). Grilled asparagus is good, but it's not normally something one would find served with 'cue. I told them that it was cute when Yankees tried to cook Southern food, and that they should come visit me in The Rock to get real barbecue.

Barbecue with grilled asparagus? :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked:
Exactly. And that should've clued me in on the quality of the barbecue that I was about to taste. Poor ignorant Yankees thought it was good. :))
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 2nd, 2010, 7:46 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Barbecue with grilled asparagus? :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked:
I almost grilled asparagus tonight, steamed it instead.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 2nd, 2010, 8:09 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Barbecue with grilled asparagus? :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked:
I almost grilled asparagus tonight, steamed it instead.
I'll bet you did not serve it with chopped/pulled pig however. :ymsmug:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 2nd, 2010, 8:12 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Probably going to Texas Steak House here in Smithfield (not to be confused with the Texas Roadhouse chain in Raleigh/Briar Creek and I think in Greenville). They have pretty darn good margaritas for 99 cents on Mondays! Yeah, we eat food, too... Gee, there's no martini-like glass smilie to insert here. :(
Yeah, they're in Greenville, too. I've never been.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 2nd, 2010, 8:13 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:As we speak, Native's big brother is out mowing the OP's front yard. We'll all head out to reward him with some salmon at Squid's when he's done. Then back home to attack the peach streusel pie that's in my oven.
Love, Ima
YUM! Peach Streusel Pie!

~ James Naismith
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 2nd, 2010, 8:18 pm

I am driving to Ima's house for peach streusel pie.

Really though, we had linguine with a mushroom ragu and grilled french bread smeared with roasted elephant garlic.
sMiles