Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » July 29th, 2010, 7:53 pm

CathyCA wrote:My phone call was short.
So am I. :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 29th, 2010, 7:55 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
Users browsing this forum: CathyCA, Jesus_hurley, Lavabe, TillyGalore and 0 guests
Why was TillyGalore's name italicized, while Jesus_hurley's name wasn't? (Mine and Lavabe's appeared in green.)

Just wondering. . .
Because you are a mod and can see invisible people. Tilly was invisible to everyone else.
Wow - like in The Sixth Sense? B-)
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 29th, 2010, 7:58 pm

CathyCA wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Because you are a mod and can see invisible people. Tilly was invisible to everyone else.
That reminds me of that movie kid who said, "I can see dead people!"

Except that Tilly isn't dead.

I never knew that about moderation before.
Now THAT'S scary. (I just replied with something very similar without reading ahead.) Guess crazie minds really do think alike.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 29th, 2010, 8:00 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Invisible people? You can sign in and remain invisible? I know you can do that on AOL and Facebook, but didn't know it was an option here too!
Yup, when you sign in there is an option to remain hidden. I think you have to sign out and sing in again to see it.
Do you have to sing anything in particular? :D
SNARF! :happy-bouncyblue: :ymdevil: :)) =))
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 29th, 2010, 8:44 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote: It's now the last choice of the smilies on the main selection screen. :9f:
Good enough! :9f: :9f: :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 30th, 2010, 4:57 am

CathyCA wrote:I'm not usually bothered by jet lag when I fly from east to west.
Do you usually have 15.5 hour flights when you do the east-to-west flights? The north-south component of this trip has really taken a toll on me. Can't sleep when everyone else sleeps. Ycch!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 30th, 2010, 6:32 am

Lavabe wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I'm not usually bothered by jet lag when I fly from east to west.
Do you usually have 15.5 hour flights when you do the east-to-west flights? The north-south component of this trip has really taken a toll on me. Can't sleep when everyone else sleeps. Ycch!
No, it usually takes me about 12 hours, with the drive to the RDU airport and then changing planes somewhere out in the square states. I am kind of proud of my ability to fall asleep before the plane leaves the runway.

I don't know what I'd do if I had a long flight like that. What's the time difference between here and Madagascar?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 30th, 2010, 6:45 am

CathyCA wrote:No, it usually takes me about 12 hours, with the drive to the RDU airport and then changing planes somewhere out in the square states. I am kind of proud of my ability to fall asleep before the plane leaves the runway.

I don't know what I'd do if I had a long flight like that. What's the time difference between here and Madagascar?
7 hour time difference between Madagascar and the east coast. Also, I had a 3 hour layover in Johannesburg, and a 3 hour layover in Atlanta.

My alternative would be a 13 hour trip from Madagascar to Paris, wait 4 hours there, then an 8 hour flight to Atlanta, and then a 3 hour wait there.

Note to self: When I got off the jet in Atlanta, I had to clear passport control and then customs. I got off the jet at 615AM; passport control took 60 minutes. Why so long? Turns out the officers don't start work until 530AM. Our flight was wall-to-wall people (about 300 passengers), and one other flight had come in from Dubai (approximately 300 passengers as well). There were 8 officers for US citizens, and 6 officers for visitors. Turned out that nearly 75% of the travelers were US citizens. So the line was freakin' long.

Once past passport control, it took me no more than 8 minutes to get my bags, pass customs, recheck the bags, and clear security.

To avoid this issue in the future, I'll sign up for some sort of new passport program that allows you to check in at a kiosk, and avoid the line.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 30th, 2010, 8:05 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I just got a very cool email...it's an invitation to submit my portfolio to a gallery in NYC. Galleries are getting flooded with portfolio submissions these days, so to actually get an invite from one is pretty rare. It doesn't mean that they will represent me in the long run, but they want to take a closer look..wooohoo!
AMSTERDAM WHITNEY GALLERY, a premier, museum-forum gallery, also known as “the most beautiful gallery in Chelsea,” - the unrivaled international art center of the world - would like to invite you to submit your portfolio for curatorial review with a long-term prospective of Gallery Representation.
:D :D :D
Congrats, I can't think of a more deserving artist. :D Good luck!

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 30th, 2010, 8:18 am

There is a nice, cool breeze this morning. I wish it would be this way all day. :duke:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 30th, 2010, 8:44 am

Good morning. ~O)

I need to start a new thread for what I was about to post right here.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 30th, 2010, 1:15 pm

Is daytime TV always this boring? I'm currently watching a re-run of City Confidential on bio.tv, which I've seen a zillion times before. It's about the death of Anne Marie Fahey in Wilmington, Delaware. Shameless law school plug: one of the main prosecutors was Colm Connolly. Colm and his wife Anne Eldridge were in my law school class, and in my small section.

I'm so bored, I think I'll go OY and spread reputation. :D
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 30th, 2010, 1:32 pm

Nothing going on OY, and I can't find anyone who give reputation to. Everyone I can find from here I've given reputation to. X(
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 30th, 2010, 1:37 pm

A commercial for CaliforniaPsychics.com. (the psychic service more people trust!) Hey, if they're psychic, why don't they call me? :-?
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 30th, 2010, 1:45 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:A commercial for CaliforniaPsychics.com. (the psychic service more people trust!) Hey, if they're psychic, why don't they call me? :-?
:wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 30th, 2010, 2:03 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Nothing going on OY, and I can't find anyone who give reputation to. Everyone I can find from here I've given reputation to. X(

You could always start a "Reinstate Earljam" thread just for shits and giggles.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 30th, 2010, 2:05 pm

My guitar shopping trip took longer than expected yesterday but I see y'all easily hit our latest milestone without my help. Way to go - on to the next one!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 31st, 2010, 10:31 am

I just made the last payment on my car! :happy-bouncyblue: :ymparty: :happy-bouncyblue: :ymparty: :happy-bouncyblue: :ymparty:
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 31st, 2010, 10:37 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I just made the last payment on my car! :happy-bouncyblue: :ymparty: :happy-bouncyblue: :ymparty: :happy-bouncyblue: :ymparty:
Congratulations!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 31st, 2010, 12:40 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I just made the last payment on my car! :happy-bouncyblue: :ymparty: :happy-bouncyblue: :ymparty: :happy-bouncyblue: :ymparty:
Woo hoo! Congratulations!
Iron Duke #1471997.