Have you ever been punched in the face?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Have you ever been punched in the face by a peer?

1. Yes, but many years ago.
41%
2. Yes, and fairly recent too!
No votes
3. Yes, I am often getting punched in the face by peers!
No votes
4. No, I have never been punched in the face.
41%
5. I have been slapped, but not punched in the face.
No votes
6. NOBODY punches me! I do ALL the punching!
18%
7. Due to alcohol or illegal or legal use of drugs, I amm uncertain as to whether or not I have been punched in the face.
No votes

Total votes: 17
mph
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Re: Have you ever been punched in the face?

Post by mph » July 28th, 2010, 9:08 pm

captmojo wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote: The last thing I can remember was Mr. Rink running out and pulling me off of her as I was pounding her head on the concrete!
"Ralphiee!" :D

:swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :(( :(( :(( :(( :((
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 28th, 2010, 9:09 pm

captmojo wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote: The last thing I can remember was Mr. Rink running out and pulling me off of her as I was pounding her head on the concrete!
=)) =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 28th, 2010, 9:59 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:When I was in third grade, there was this big bully of a girl, nearly twice my height, who used to delight in switching my legs with a long twig on the way home from school every day. I'd run and cry all the way home. Finally, one day in front of Rink's Grocery I'd had all I could take. I turned around and actually climbed up her and hung on until she fell backwards. The last thing I can remember was Mr. Rink running out and pulling me off of her as I was pounding her head on the concrete! Nobody every messed with me again! Even the Old Professor is still scared of me!
Love, Ima O:-)

PS And you thought I was just Native's sweet old grandmother!
Wow. Just wow. ^:)^
Iron Duke #1471997.
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » July 28th, 2010, 10:11 pm

captmojo wrote:Good enough for any thread. :))
I thought for a moment Ozzie was going to play off the term "shot to the face" from a completely different angle. :-o

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 28th, 2010, 10:40 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:When I was in third grade, there was this big bully of a girl, nearly twice my height, who used to delight in switching my legs with a long twig on the way home from school every day. I'd run and cry all the way home. Finally, one day in front of Rink's Grocery I'd had all I could take. I turned around and actually climbed up her and hung on until she fell backwards. The last thing I can remember was Mr. Rink running out and pulling me off of her as I was pounding her head on the concrete! Nobody every messed with me again! Even the Old Professor is still scared of me!
Love, Ima O:-)

PS And you thought I was just Native's sweet old grandmother!
I love it! Reminds me of the scene in "A Christmas Story" when Ralphie beats up the bully. :fight:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 28th, 2010, 10:41 pm

captmojo wrote:
You beat me to it! :))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Johnboy
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Johnboy » July 29th, 2010, 11:20 am

EarlJam wrote:
captmojo wrote:Good enough for any thread. :))
I thought for a moment Ozzie was going to play off the term "shot to the face" from a completely different angle. :-o

-EarlJam
That's called "giving a Cheney" after our sporting former VP.
"And Johnboy is right" - lawgrad91
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » July 29th, 2010, 12:24 pm

I've never been punched. Never been in a fight. Never punched anyone. I feel like something's missing in my life. But it's not like I'm about to go out and pick a fight.
-- DukeUsul
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 29th, 2010, 2:54 pm

DukeUsul wrote:I've never been punched. Never been in a fight. Never punched anyone. I feel like something's missing in my life. But it's not like I'm about to go out and pick a fight.
Just remember that over yonder is all about "Fight Club." I suspect that most mods have either been punched or have punched in the face... or at least they have fantasized about it. And if you don't fantasize about it (as witnessed by OY moderator discussions about Fight Club), then something must be wrong with you. L-)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
mph
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by mph » July 29th, 2010, 3:01 pm

Lavabe wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:I've never been punched. Never been in a fight. Never punched anyone. I feel like something's missing in my life. But it's not like I'm about to go out and pick a fight.
Just remember that over yonder is all about "Fight Club." I suspect that most mods have either been punched or have punched in the face... or at least they have fantasized about it. And if you don't fantasize about it (as witnessed by OY moderator discussions about Fight Club), then something must be wrong with you. L-)

Great analogy. The first rule of OY moderation is you do not talk about OY moderation.
Miles

Post by Miles » July 29th, 2010, 4:02 pm

My best friend in California had never been in a fight either. He has a rather big mouth at times, not out of spite or malice, I just think he's clueless in some social situations. I attributed it to the fact that nobody ever punched him in the mouth when he was a kid. For me, that was a quick lesson (one that I don't condone btw) on when to keep my mouth shut. I told him all the time that if he ever got his ass whipped as a kid, then he would be nicer adult.

You seemed to have made it through life pretty well, so I don't think you missed out on anything.
sMiles