Have you ever been punched in the face?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Have you ever been punched in the face by a peer?

1. Yes, but many years ago.
41%
2. Yes, and fairly recent too!
No votes
3. Yes, I am often getting punched in the face by peers!
No votes
4. No, I have never been punched in the face.
41%
5. I have been slapped, but not punched in the face.
No votes
6. NOBODY punches me! I do ALL the punching!
18%
7. Due to alcohol or illegal or legal use of drugs, I amm uncertain as to whether or not I have been punched in the face.
No votes

Total votes: 17
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Have you ever been punched in the face?

Post by EarlJam » July 27th, 2010, 9:29 pm

After age 10, have you ever been punched in the face by a peer?

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: Have you ever been punched in the face?

Post by captmojo » July 27th, 2010, 9:43 pm

Not long after passing 10. But also, not since.

I learned how to run. Not very fast but run, none the less. I also am not into making enemies. :twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 27th, 2010, 9:43 pm

No, but I had a roommate in college slap me across the face. Bitch!
I worship the Blue Devil!
captmojo

Post by captmojo » July 27th, 2010, 9:50 pm

Oh Hell! Let's go kick some bitch ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » July 27th, 2010, 9:55 pm

captmojo wrote:Oh Hell! Let's go kick some bitch ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
=)) =)) =)) =)) =))

-EarlJam
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 27th, 2010, 9:58 pm

TillyGalore wrote:No, but I had a roommate in college slap me across the face. Bitch!
How dare she slap my Shin Kickin' CTN Soul Sister! Sending her pointy-toed shin kicks and stiletto heel toe stomps! X(
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 27th, 2010, 10:04 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:No, but I had a roommate in college slap me across the face. Bitch!
How dare she slap my Shin Kickin' CTN Soul Sister! Sending her pointy-toed shin kicks and stiletto heel toe stomps! X(
Thanks Arkie, I knew I could count on my Shin Kickin' CTN Soul Sister to back me up.

:text-threadjacked:

I'm reading a chick lit book that takes place during the Civil War (really there is a connection, keep reading). One of the characters took a bullet in the shin. Man, that must have hurt!

And now, back to our regularly scheduled topic discussion.
I worship the Blue Devil!
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » July 27th, 2010, 10:07 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Thanks Arkie, I knew I could count on my Shin Kickin' CTN Soul Sister to back me up.

:text-threadjacked:

I'm reading a chick lit book that takes place during the Civil War (really there is a connection, keep reading). One of the characters took a bullet in the shin. Man, that must have hurt!

And now, back to our regularly scheduled topic discussion.
LOL! Just as an aside, and just out of mere curiosity, what is her current address? Does she work? When is she at home..............alone?

-EarlJam
captmojo

Post by captmojo » July 27th, 2010, 10:11 pm

Notice how we won't ask...'Did you deserve it?'

I have, at times.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » July 27th, 2010, 10:13 pm

Notice how we won't ask...'Did you deserve it?'

I have, at times.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » July 27th, 2010, 10:21 pm

captmojo wrote:Notice how we won't ask...'Did you deserve it?'

I have, at times.
The first six times, yes, perhaps I deserved it. But the last time? Look, the dude didn't even know what a frongeldonger was. He, and his girlfriend (I guess), assumed, and acted wayyyyyyyyyy out of line.

-EarlJam
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 27th, 2010, 10:22 pm

Twice.

The summer I was 17 (?) I went to a pool party with a couple of friends (we thought of ourselves as up and coming jocks, which we were!) Someone I didn't know did something I didn't like, and I confronted him. After a little jawing, and not wanting to back down, I remembered something I had heard - the best punch in a fight is the first punch, and I decked the guy in the mouth, which surprised the heck out of him (and everyone else). Apparently, he did not like it, and he came after me. Remembering my linebacker skills, as he charged at me, I lowered my shoulder into his gut and ran him into the pool (I did not go in with him :D ). After he got out, we squared off again and we both landed a couple of punches before our friends broke it up. I took one to the jaw, but it didn't hurt (the beer may have had something to do with numbing the pain.)

My sophomore year, the night of homecoming, about 1 a.m., I heard someone vandalize our fraternity bench on the main quad (for the umpteenth time). I walked down the quad after them, and a Phi Delt beat the shit out of me. That did hurt, blood everywhere, my blood. The Judi-board threw him out of school in December. :D

Those were the only two times.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » July 27th, 2010, 10:32 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Twice.

My sophomore year, the night of homecoming, about 1 a.m., I heard someone vandalize our fraternity bench on the main quad (for the umpteenth time). I walked down the quad after them, and a Phi Delt beat the shit out of me. That did hurt, blood everywhere, my blood. The Judi-board threw him out of school in December. :D
Christ.

:-o

-EJ
captmojo

Post by captmojo » July 27th, 2010, 10:33 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: The Judi-board threw him out of school in December. :D
Sweet justice. #:-s
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 27th, 2010, 11:18 pm

I paid my way through university (both undergrad and grad school) working as a bouncer so let's just say that the next fight I get in won't exactly be my first rodeo.

Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I was actually punched. People have tried it recently but none succeeded. I also can't remember the last time I had to punch someone either.

But I definitely do remember the last altercation I got into in a bar - me and a member of a local biker gang got into a beef with each other (he was from the local chapter of the gang that will immediately come to mind for everyone here when they think of 'biker gang'). That didn't look like it was going to end well, especially when 10-15 more of them realized what was going on. Thankfully the head of their chapter was in the bar and the guy I got into it with was ordered both to apologise to me and to buy me a drink to make sure everything was cool (I'm not going to get into why he was ordered to do that, let's just leave it that I'm glad he was).
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 27th, 2010, 11:47 pm

colchar wrote: But I definitely do remember the last altercation I got into in a bar - me and a member of a local biker gang got into a beef with each other (he was from the local chapter of the gang that will immediately come to mind for everyone here when they think of 'biker gang'). That didn't look like it was going to end well, especially when 10-15 more of them realized what was going on. Thankfully the head of their chapter was in the bar and the guy I got into it with was ordered both to apologise to me and to buy me a drink to make sure everything was cool (I'm not going to get into why he was ordered to do that, let's just leave it that I'm glad he was).
Brings to mind "Burn Notice" from a few weeks ago - similar scenario. B-)

colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 27th, 2010, 11:49 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
colchar wrote: But I definitely do remember the last altercation I got into in a bar - me and a member of a local biker gang got into a beef with each other (he was from the local chapter of the gang that will immediately come to mind for everyone here when they think of 'biker gang'). That didn't look like it was going to end well, especially when 10-15 more of them realized what was going on. Thankfully the head of their chapter was in the bar and the guy I got into it with was ordered both to apologise to me and to buy me a drink to make sure everything was cool (I'm not going to get into why he was ordered to do that, let's just leave it that I'm glad he was).

I'm not familiar with "Burn Notice".
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 27th, 2010, 11:51 pm

colchar wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Good show. http://www.usanetwork.com/series/burnnotice/

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 28th, 2010, 8:35 am

colchar wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Great show, though not very realistic according to my dad.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 28th, 2010, 8:40 am

Do my kids count? Cause I've taken some nasty shots from my daughter and my second son. b-(

My wife has also caught me in the face, "accidentally." We were playing the punch buggy game, and she threw a nice cross at my shoulder, but her aim sucks. At least that's what she claims. ;)

I also took one in the 7th grade that was pretty good. Some bullies were ganging up on me, and I grabbed one of them to use as a human shield. Unfortunately, he'd just come back from the Bahamas and was badly burned. The pain of the grabbing shot adrenaline through his system and he spun in my arms, clocking me right below the eye with the full force of the spin. My cheek swelled so bad I couldn't see out of my left eye. I'm not sure he didn't crack my cheekbone. They were all so stunned that I managed to run away in the confusion. So, I took a licking, but I escaped to fight another day. When it's four on one and you're 11, running's okay, right?

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage