WTF happened to over yonder?!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: WTF happened to over yonder?!

Post by CathyCA » July 23rd, 2010, 11:34 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Let's all go over en masse and reward each other with positive reputation points. :ymdevil:
I did that earlier. LOL

I gave pitchforks to everyone over yonder who posts over here. It was GREAT fun! :ymdevil:

I still wish we had pitchforks and ram poo over here.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 23rd, 2010, 11:48 pm

OMG--the funniest thing just happened over yonder. I went over there to give out pitchforks to my CTN friends, and the first post from someone over here belonged to Ozzie. I clicked on Ozzie's name, and I got this message: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to OZZIE4DUKE again."

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

I'm off to spread some more Reputation around over yonder!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 23rd, 2010, 11:50 pm

devildeac wrote:
allen wrote:It wouldn't let me give you postive feedback more than once - It told me I had to "spread some reputation arond" before giving another positive comment to you.
:romance-grouphug:
Or.... :obscene-sexualspermblue:
Gotta watch out for those rep spreaders...they leave lotta little bastards running around.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 24th, 2010, 2:13 am

Lavabe wrote:If that was in place over yonder, Rhymes With Dumbo might already be full of poo. :D

Might already be?!?!?!?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 24th, 2010, 2:14 am

allen wrote:It wouldn't let me give you postive feedback more than once - It told me I had to "spread some reputation arond" before giving another positive comment to you.

Fucking wankers.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 24th, 2010, 2:15 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote: Or.... :obscene-sexualspermblue:
Gotta watch out for those rep spreaders...they leave lotta little bastards running around.

Over yonder they probably more closely resemble the herpes virus.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 24th, 2010, 2:20 am

I wonder how many refugees we'll get from over yonder joining us here.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 24th, 2010, 6:41 am

CathyCA wrote:OMG--the funniest thing just happened over yonder. I went over there to give out pitchforks to my CTN friends, and the first post from someone over here belonged to Ozzie. I clicked on Ozzie's name, and I got this message: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to OZZIE4DUKE again."

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

I'd bet Oz would like to have some more reputation spread :ymsmug:

(meant to be a general comment and NOT meant to be taken personally by the OP :ymblushing:)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 24th, 2010, 6:41 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
devildeac wrote:
:romance-grouphug:
Or.... :obscene-sexualspermblue:
:)) =))
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 24th, 2010, 6:45 am

CathyCA wrote:OMG--the funniest thing just happened over yonder. I went over there to give out pitchforks to my CTN friends, and the first post from someone over here belonged to Ozzie. I clicked on Ozzie's name, and I got this message: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to OZZIE4DUKE again."

Thanks! And I learned that you can't give yourself any reputation ;) =)) =)) =)) :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 24th, 2010, 6:49 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Thanks! And I learned that you can't give yourself any reputation ;) =)) =)) =)) :9f:
Well, technically you probably can.

But it won't be a respectable reputation...
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 24th, 2010, 9:16 am

I have 10 reputation points. :( Nobody likes lawyers.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 24th, 2010, 9:19 am

How do we give reputation points? Is it the approve/disapprove thing? I logged in over yonder and approved of several crazietalkers. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 24th, 2010, 9:23 am

ArkieDukie wrote:How do we give reputation points? Is it the approve/disapprove thing? I logged in over yonder and approved of several crazietalkers. :ymdevil:
I did the same thing, with the message "I approve of...." instead of any substantive discussion of their post. Maybe I used up most of my reputation points. I think I'll go see if I can get rid of my last 10.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 24th, 2010, 9:32 am

In the Introducing... (Please read!) thread, the first post, is this bit of wisdom:

We're introducing a brand new feature, Comments. On posts especially better or worse than average, rather than saying "POTW" or jumping on someone, you can give a thumbs-up or thumbs-down and add a comment for the original poster. There is an icon, :) :(, in the lower, left part of each post for this. When you float your mouse over it, you'll see "What do you think of this post?" Remember, civility apply here, too!

We're going to play with comments a lot more in the future. For instance, we'll automatically highlight posts that get a lot of positive comments and automatically delete posts that are overwhelmingly panned. For now, give some feedback to the posts as you feel appropriate. Comments are reflected in points, and points are reflected in pitchforks by your username. You can only comment on recent posts, only a few times a day, and you have to spread 'em around between different members. You can see the last few comments you've received on your settings page.

So if we all get together and decide we want to blot someone off the over yonder map, we can all pan his/her posts every time he/she does? Or we can put people in the negative pitchfork mode, somehow?

hehehehe
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 24th, 2010, 10:05 am

ArkieDukie wrote:How do we give reputation points? Is it the approve/disapprove thing? I logged in over yonder and approved of several crazietalkers. :ymdevil:
IDK. It's probably a double secret mod thing. I'd guess it is the approve/disapprove thing.
allen
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by allen » July 24th, 2010, 10:42 am

Reputation Points = Junior High School. I really don't know what else to say so I'll click on some random smily thingies :Orc: :flame: :alien: #-o :-BD :dance: :YMPRAY: :pray: :liar: :mrgreen: :O3 :alien: :Angry Orc:
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 24th, 2010, 11:06 am

How many demerits have I gotten here?
How can I find a few more?
Can they be converted into another commodity?
Will Kir-liner change their mascot to 'The Goat Turds'? Please? Pretty please? Stink on top?
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 24th, 2010, 11:17 am

lawgrad91 wrote:So if we all get together and decide we want to blot someone off the over yonder map, we can all pan his/her posts every time he/she does? Or we can put people in the negative pitchfork mode, somehow?
hehehehe
If it takes more than 44 positive comments to earn a pitchfork, it's going to take an awful lot to put anyone in a pile of poo.
And you know, one of the mods has established a 12 million pitchfork score. The mods can do anything they want with these scores. :twocents:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 24th, 2010, 11:50 am

I've gone over there, looked around, but have not posted.