WTF happened to over yonder?!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

WTF happened to over yonder?!

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 22nd, 2010, 7:56 pm

Wow..what an eyesore...literally. That gave me a headache.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: WTF happened to over yonder?!

Post by lawgrad91 » July 22nd, 2010, 8:11 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Wow..what an eyesore...literally. That gave me a headache.
CB&B, did you see my rant on LTE 2.0? Well, now the ad is different on Decorum...and the DateMrsRobinson.com ad has migrated to your message on Ozzie's thread with the smilies!

It is a major eyesore.
Iron Duke #1471997.
allen
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by allen » July 22nd, 2010, 9:09 pm

Yuck. It looks like the web-site equivilent of Wal-Mart at 2:00 a.m. on the day after Thanksgiving.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 22nd, 2010, 9:22 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Wow..what an eyesore...literally. That gave me a headache.
CB&B, did you see my rant on LTE 2.0? Well, now the ad is different on Decorum...and the DateMrsRobinson.com ad has migrated to your message on Ozzie's thread with the smilies!

It is a major eyesore.
@LG..yeah I saw that after I posted this..and Allen, you nailed it.
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » July 22nd, 2010, 9:37 pm

allen wrote:Yuck. It looks like the web-site equivilent of Wal-Mart at 2:00 a.m. on the day after Thanksgiving.
Perfectly stated! =)) =)) =))

Why did they do that? Is it a Beta thing? I hope so. They just took two steps back on the Graphic Path.

Lordy!

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 22nd, 2010, 10:57 pm

I got Gold Bullion ads...
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 22nd, 2010, 11:08 pm

My Facebook has an ad right now that says, "Law: The writing is on your wall: now is the perfect time to earn your degree online!"

Um, duh, Facebook. I already have the law degree. And an online law degree? You can't sit for the bar exam, at least in North Carolina, with an online law degree. What good would that be to anyone who intends to practice in NC?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 22nd, 2010, 11:29 pm

CathyCA wrote:My Facebook has an ad right now that says, "Law: The writing is on your wall: now is the perfect time to earn your degree online!"

Um, duh, Facebook. I already have the law degree. And an online law degree? You can't sit for the bar exam, at least in North Carolina, with an online law degree. What good would that be to anyone who intends to practice in NC?
Apparently, I've got an ad to get an online Anthropology PhD. Not sure that ILJ wants me going for a second one.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 22nd, 2010, 11:33 pm

I just figured out that the ads are buried into the threads. That is horrible. DBR is toast in my opinion..it was one thing to dislike the moderation, but now they have gone on beyond commercial..in 12 hours it became a site that is more than a struggle to enjoy. Dumbasses.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 22nd, 2010, 11:42 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

It is a major eyesore.
Glad to see that everyone is a member!
The ranking system seems to have gone kaput.
I don't get any of those crazy ads.
Looks pretty much like the same old front page over yonder, but then things fall apart. Aside from Sue, DA, and BD posting on LTE 1.0 (and not here), I didn't see anything radically surprising over yonder... well, except for the different, more hideous look. Maybe I don't get the ads because I'm abroad right now?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2010, 12:01 am

:scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked:

And furthermore:

:puke-front: :puke-front: :puke-front: :puke-front: :puke-front: :puke-front: :puke-front: :puke-front: :puke-front: :puke-front: :puke-huge: :puke-huge: :puke-huge: :puke-huge: :puke-huge: :puke-huge: :puke-huge: :puke-huge: :puke-huge: :puke-huge: :puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-right: :puke-right: :puke-right: :puke-right: :puke-right: :puke-right: :puke-right: :puke-right: :puke-right: :puke-right:

Just my :twocents:

:veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused:
@-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-)
:twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 23rd, 2010, 8:19 am

They suddenly seem to have an accessibility problem. Worked earlier, but can't get to it now.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 23rd, 2010, 8:27 am

This message is brought to you by Electrolux..sucking for over 90 years!

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 23rd, 2010, 8:45 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:They suddenly seem to have an accessibility problem. Worked earlier, but can't get to it now.
Maybe the imported animated smilies put over yonder on the fritz .

That or maybe the recent emoticon use by devildeac fashizzled my brain. ;)
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 23rd, 2010, 11:51 am

Just logged in over there, and realized something BIZARRE... or maybe I don't understand what I saw (after all, I'm just a cave man).

They now have a system of PITCHFORKS you get for how much people like your posts (based largely on people hitting the thumbs up or down button). You get more pitchforks for the number of positive responses people hit. It's sort of like college football helmet stickers. The more big plays you make, the more stickers you put on your helmet. Now of course, some folks have lots of pitchforks (a few chosen mods currently), and others have precious few. According to the explanation sticky, the mods may even delete items that receive a lot of thumbs down.

Oh no!! :-s

I see all sorts of potential problems with this system. I can easily imagine some folks hitting certain buttons many times just to lower the rankings of certain posters or even mods. In the proper vernacular, it's sort of like "poll skewin' time" gone crazy.

I just think that feature will last all of about 1 week, MAXIMUM.

It also makes me glad to be over here. As the thread title says, WTF happened to over yonder?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 23rd, 2010, 3:43 pm

Lavabe wrote:Just logged in over there, and realized something BIZARRE... or maybe I don't understand what I saw (after all, I'm just a cave man).

They now have a system of PITCHFORKS you get for how much people like your posts (based largely on people hitting the thumbs up or down button). You get more pitchforks for the number of positive responses people hit. It's sort of like college football helmet stickers. The more big plays you make, the more stickers you put on your helmet. Now of course, some folks have lots of pitchforks (a few chosen mods currently), and others have precious few. According to the explanation sticky, the mods may even delete items that receive a lot of thumbs down.

I see all sorts of potential problems with this system. I can easily imagine some folks hitting certain buttons many times just to lower the rankings of certain posters or even mods. In the proper vernacular, it's sort of like "poll skewin' time" gone crazy.

It also makes me glad to be over here. As the thread title says, WTF happened to over yonder?
If I were still posting over there, and I rarely even go over there to read something, I would be giving certain posters "thumbs down" ALL THE TIME. Bwahahahahahahaha!

I might have to go over there for that very reason. :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
allen

Post by allen » July 23rd, 2010, 3:50 pm

CathyCA wrote:
If I were still posting over there, and I rarely even go over there to read something, I would be giving certain posters "thumbs down" ALL THE TIME. Bwahahahahahahaha!

I might have to go over there for that very reason. :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
With apologies to Arlo Guthrie

and if you're in a
situation like that there's only one thing you can do and that's log into
DBR wherever you are ,just log in and give the thumbs down, and log out.
You know, ifone person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and
they won't take him. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony,
they may think they're both faggots and they won't take either of them.
And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people logging in
giving the thumbs down and logging out. They may think it's an
organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,I said
fifty people a day logging in, giving the thumbs down and logging out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2010, 4:54 pm

allen wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

With apologies to Arlo Guthrie

and if you're in a
situation like that there's only one thing you can do and that's log into
DBR wherever you are ,just log in and give the thumbs down, and log out.
You know, ifone person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and
they won't take him. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony,
they may think they're both faggots and they won't take either of them.
And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people logging in
giving the thumbs down and logging out. They may think it's an
organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,I said
fifty people a day logging in, giving the thumbs down and logging out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement.
and you can get anything you want...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2010, 4:57 pm

Lavabe wrote:Just logged in over there, and realized something BIZARRE... or maybe I don't understand what I saw (after all, I'm just a cave man).

YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!
I thought it was pitchforks=#of posts as I had all of 1 pitchfork and was a "member."
I just might be done posting over there.

But I will make a visit and...

heh-heh-heh...
allen

Post by allen » July 23rd, 2010, 6:38 pm

Most DBR readers are unaware that it is no longer the DBR of old - that site was sold about a year ago to SBNation - a group that owns hundreds of sites. None of the original three principals (James, Julio, Boswell) are among the new owners. James and Boswell are not associated at all and Julian is simply an employee of SBNation. SBNation, to paraphrase Roy Willisams, "doesn't give a shit about Duke" They will do what makes money.