LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » July 2nd, 2010, 9:33 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:If one were to make a breakfast burrito, what should one put in said burrito?
For a measly $1, the sausage burrito at McDonald's is pretty good! Sausage, egg, cheese. Don't know if they put any secret ingredients in it or not.
In Smithfield, I understand the e.coli is added at no extra charge. :)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 2nd, 2010, 8:06 pm

I'm going fishing again...report to follow.

For all those enjoying pyrotechnics this weekend...a good show can be measured by having the same number of fingers after it's over as you had before it began.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 2nd, 2010, 9:39 pm

captmojo wrote:I'm going fishing again...report to follow.

For all those enjoying pyrotechnics this weekend...a good show can be measured by having the same number of fingers after it's over as you had before it began.
Or toes. Million $ anyone?
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 2nd, 2010, 11:31 pm

Taking St. Paul's advice tonight-a little wine for my stomach's sake....
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 3rd, 2010, 7:50 am

Guess who's on CTN now?

Yep.

In total there are 7 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

:)) =))
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 3rd, 2010, 4:11 pm

Good afternoon. :beer: Didn't have time to post good morning this morning before going to a breakfast meeting, then golf.

Interesting day on the golf course. Warming up, I couldn't hit the ball well at all on the driving range, made the comment "I'll probably break par today". Yeah, right. Well...

1. Par 4. Decent drive, 125 yards to hole from the right rough. 9 iron, hit OK but not great, hits 10 ft. to the right of the pin, checks up and then follows the slope of the green to 6" left of the pin. Tap in birdie! Nice way to start.
2. Par 5. Nice drive, 205 to the middle of the green. 5 wood to the left green-side trap. On in 3 and 2 putts for par, making a 5 footer.
3. Par 3. Nice 4 iron to 10' in front of the pin. Putt just misses, tap in par. Could have been 2 under...
4. Par 4. Nice drive, 135 to the pin. 8 iron to 10", tap in birdie!
5. Par 4, dogleg right. Drive to left side corner of the fairway, 8 iron to the green, 30' to the hole. Putt breaks about 5 feet, lips out on the low side, 10" tap in for par. I thought the putt was in for birdie. Darn.
6. Par 3. 6 iron to 15' behind the pin, routine 2 putt par. I've been on all 6 greens in regulation to this point!
7. Par 5, dogleg left. Drive (with 5 wood) to corner, 5 iron (layup) to 100 yards, PW (that's Pitching Wedge, not Post Whore! =)) ) to 1 foot short of the green. First green I've missed in regulation, but still putted for birdie, made the 3 foot come-backer for par. And in case you weren't keeping track, I'm 2 under par!
8. Par 4, dogleg left, similar to the 7th hole, but shorter once you're around the corner. 5 wood to middle of corner, 9 iron to green, 15' behind the pin. Nice first putt lag downhill with a 4' break, 1 foot tap in par.
9. Par 4, a short 311 yards. 5 wood off the tee to 100 yards out. PW to about 8" for another tap in birdie.

6 pars, 3 birdies, 3 under par, 33! First time I've ever played 9 holes without a bogey! Even when I shot a 31 on the same nine back in 1991, I had 6 birdies and 1 bogey, so this was very satisfying.

Needless to say, #10 brought the first bogey, followed by par, bogey, bogey, bogey, par, triple bogey, bogey, which brings us to the 18th hole.

18. Par 5. Drive down the right side, hits tree tops and drops short of the normal landing area by more than 100 yards, leaving me 310 to the green. Laid up with a 5 iron, leaving 135 yards from the left rough. 9 iron to 4'. Made the putt for birdie!

33 + 43 = 76. My second round under 80 this year (the other was a 79 back in April). Been shooting upper 80s or worse since then, so this was a very nice surprise. Just sorry my regular playing partners were all out of town on vacation and didn't get to witness the front 9 ;) .

I should also note that today is the first time I've hit my 5 wood for the tee shots noted above. Usually use a 1-iron or 2-iron on those holes, but tried the 5 wood just to be different and then stuck with it!

We're talking about going to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner, since we have a coupon I got via email.

All in all a very nice start to the holiday weekend! And, oh, yeah, I went to the pool for an hour after golf, and gas is down to $2.29 and falling! But our tanks are both full from yesterday. Wish I could buy a few hundred gallons at tomorrow's price ($1.99 anyone? Probably!) and let them "store them" for me to use later when the price goes back up, which we all know they will. :sigh:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 3rd, 2010, 4:22 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: All in all a very nice start to the holiday weekend!
Sounds awesome....and on #4...soooooo close to the eagle. Congrats on your round!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 3rd, 2010, 5:05 pm

I've had a pretty prodictive day. Grocery store, Target, recycling center. Safety and emissions inspections for my car. I rewarded myself with a trip to Ted Drewe's to get a strawberry shortcake concrete.

I also bought a HEPA filter for my bedroom and am hoping that it will help with the allergy problems I'm having. I'm also planning to get the air ducts cleaned in my condo. If this helps cure the almost daily sinus headaches I will consider it money well spent.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 3rd, 2010, 5:43 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: All in all a very nice start to the holiday weekend!
Sounds awesome....and on #4...soooooo close to the eagle. Congrats on your round!
Thanks! The shots on 1, 4 and 9 were all close, and I think the one on 1 JUST missed, as it traveled from right to left coming back to the hole. B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 3rd, 2010, 6:02 pm

We're at our lake place at Kerr Lake. Big doings tonight. We join the boat club for baroque, fried chicken and all the fixings. Also lots of deserts. Yum. We will see lots of people we only see a couple of times a year.

We're having a nice, peaceful time. Harley is a social butterfly (disguised as a 85 pound black lab) is having a great time. He loves the water of course. He visits with the neighbors. He's favorite thing is swimming with the kids. The children have a great time with him. We make sure he's not being a pest. Love my dog. :ymhug:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 3rd, 2010, 6:07 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:We're at our lake place at Kerr Lake. Big doings tonight. We join the boat club for baroque, fried chicken and all the fixings.
Then that should be Bached chicken. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 3rd, 2010, 6:36 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:We're at our lake place at Kerr Lake. Big doings tonight. We join the boat club for baroque, fried chicken and all the fixings.
Bached chicken is definitely healthier than Freyed chicken. :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 3rd, 2010, 6:59 pm

Maybe she meant that joining the boat club cost them so much money that they are now baroque. 8-|
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 3rd, 2010, 8:14 pm

Family gone to the beach. On call :( . No alcohol :( . Padding the post counts ;) .
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm

Watching Honeymoon in Vegas(1992), I love the soundtrack.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 3rd, 2010, 8:30 pm

Grilled tilapia with pineapple salsa, fresh corn, salad, Chardonnay for supper. Yum!
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 3rd, 2010, 8:46 pm

devildeac wrote:Guess who's on CTN now?

Yep.

In total there are 7 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

Time for my guests to start arriving.

In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

Registered users: devildeac

:)) =)) :-s
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 3rd, 2010, 8:48 pm

devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:Guess who's on CTN now?

Yep.

Time for my guests to start arriving.

In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

The more, the merrier:

In total there are 4 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm

I've been having work done in my kitchen, powder room, and fireplace. Pictures are on facebook. Still a few things to finish - then to pick out a floor. I actually went into the store to look at floors and found a slab of granite instead. That is just being true to form for me - I was going to do the kitchen 10 years ago and did the bathroom instead.

I really like how the fireplace (not in the kitchen) turned out. And I like the dual fuel range - gas cook top and electric oven with a warming drawer.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 3rd, 2010, 10:58 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:I've been having work done in my kitchen, powder room, and fireplace. Pictures are on facebook. Still a few things to finish - then to pick out a floor. I actually went into the store to look at floors and found a slab of granite instead. That is just being true to form for me - I was going to do the kitchen 10 years ago and did the bathroom instead.

I really like how the fireplace (not in the kitchen) turned out. And I like the dual fuel range - gas cook top and electric oven with a warming drawer.
Just saw your pictures. Very nice indeed!
-- Albert Einstein