Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 26th, 2010, 8:02 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
Miles wrote:
Lavabe wrote: Does Toronto have a successful top-notch professional sports franchise?
Define successful.
A Joe Carter home run
I think that is the perfect answer. Although I might change it to THE Joe Carter home run. :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 26th, 2010, 8:09 am

Miles wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Does Toronto have a successful top-notch professional sports franchise?
Define successful.
Simply in terms of wins/losses and championships in each of the last 10 years, Toronto is hard-pressed to lay claim of having a successful top-notch professional sports franchise in MLB, NHL, and NBA. And the Maple Leafs are showing few signs of improving.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » June 26th, 2010, 8:16 am

Lavabe wrote:
Miles wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Does Toronto have a successful top-notch professional sports franchise?
Define successful.
Simply in terms of wins/losses and championships in each of the last 10 years, Toronto is hard-pressed to lay claim of having a successful top-notch professional sports franchise in MLB, NHL, and NBA. And the Maple Leafs are showing few signs of improving.
HOWEVER, if successful is measured in terms of fan support, ticket numbers, etc..., the Maple Leafs have a strong fan base, and ARE successful. For that matter, the BJ's do well with tickets and support. It's not the fault of the BJ's that they are in the same division as the Yankees, Sox, and Devil Rays (whoops, I still can't call them the Rays).

Note to colchar: this was a heated debate at the Canadian field camp this year.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 26th, 2010, 8:41 am

Good morning. ~O)

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 26th, 2010, 10:21 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Good morning. ~O)
Wrong thread. ;)

Had your belly full of prime rib yet? :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 26th, 2010, 11:03 am

devildeac wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:10+ hours later, I can reply to my previous post, but I'm not sure what to say.
That we have slowed down considerably.
Unfortunately that happens, my 3 year old cats can't really keep up with the new kitten.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 26th, 2010, 11:07 am

devildeac wrote:
Wrong thread. ;)

I had prime rib Thursday night, I should have not had dessert. Not because of the taste, but because it put me over the edge of having had too much to eat.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 26th, 2010, 11:49 am

devildeac wrote:
Wrong thread. ;)

Right thread. (is there a stubborn smilie? if so, insert here!)

Yes, on Monday night! Ymm!

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 26th, 2010, 7:52 pm

Some of you know my friend, Miss Fran, from our Brunchgates. Miss Fran's granddaughter, Hannah, is North Carolina's Junior Miss. Hannah is competing in America's Junior Miss tonight. You can watch the contest streamed live here: http://www.local15tv.com/default.aspx Go to the pink Watch AJM Live banner and click on it. You'll get to see Hannah.

It wouldn't open for me in Firefox, so I had to open it through Internet Explorer.

GO HANNAH!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 26th, 2010, 8:15 pm

Good luck vibes to Hannah! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 26th, 2010, 8:46 pm

Shoot! Hannah didn't make top ten. She did, however, make the front row in the opening number because she is a wildly talented dancer. The producers usually put the best dancers on the front row, and the singers and poor piano players are relegated to the back.

I'm still so proud of Hannah!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 26th, 2010, 8:53 pm

New photos are posted on Facebook! :ymhug: :D

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 26th, 2010, 9:21 pm

My younger son called tonight from California. His dad took him to the dentist today to remove some food that had gotten impacted between his gum and his tooth.

As background, we have a court order in which each parent must pay one-half of all medical and dental expenses that are not covered by insurance.

Christian has been going to the same pediatric dentist in San Jose for the past 12 years, except when he's been here in Greenville, where he sees a pediatric dentist/orthodontist. Until today.

ExLax didn't take him to the dentist with whom we have an established relationship. NO! He took Christian to a dentist who just happens to be the sister of ExLax's BimbHo.

And now, I must pay BimbHo's sister for treating my child.

I am beyond angry at ExLax's hubris. :flame:

~ James Naismith
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 26th, 2010, 10:20 pm

Lavabe wrote: Does Toronto have a successful top-notch professional sports franchise?

Successful now or successful ever? Right now, most of them suck but the Leafs have a proud history, the Argos have won countless Grey Cups (the Canadian Football League championship), the Blue Jays won back-to-back World Series titles, and the Toronto Rock (professional lacrosse) have won titles.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 26th, 2010, 10:24 pm

Lavabe wrote:ionships in each of the last 10 years, Toronto is hard-pressed to lay claim of having a successful top-notch professional sports franchise in MLB, NHL, and NBA.

In the last ten years? Not so much. But check my previous post - Toronto has a very proud sporting history.

And the Maple Leafs are showing few signs of improving.
I disagree. I think Burkie has made some solid moves and will make more before this season begins. They're going to be fine and will definitely make the playoffs this year.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 26th, 2010, 10:27 pm

Lavabe wrote: HOWEVER, if successful is measured in terms of fan support, ticket numbers, etc..., the Maple Leafs have a strong fan base, and ARE successful.
In that sense, the Leafs are one of the most successful franchises in the history of any sport. Hell, they've been sold out at home for something like 40+ years. Personally, I think that has been part of their problem. Why improve when we have a license to print money and we'll never ever ever lose our fanbase?

For that matter, the BJ's do well with tickets and support.
Not so much any more. Attendance is way down lately. I'm curious how attendance would be affected if they were to be competing for pennants again.
Note to colchar: this was a heated debate at the Canadian field camp this year.
No surprise there!
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 26th, 2010, 11:13 pm

CathyCA wrote:My younger son called tonight from California. His dad took him to the dentist today to remove some food that had gotten impacted between his gum and his tooth.

As background, we have a court order in which each parent must pay one-half of all medical and dental expenses that are not covered by insurance.

Christian has been going to the same pediatric dentist in San Jose for the past 12 years, except when he's been here in Greenville, where he sees a pediatric dentist/orthodontist. Until today.

ExLax didn't take him to the dentist with whom we have an established relationship. NO! He took Christian to a dentist who just happens to be the sister of ExLax's BimbHo.

Pointy toed shin kicks to ExLax. What a butt head.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » June 26th, 2010, 11:44 pm

CathyCA wrote:My younger son called tonight from California. His dad took him to the dentist today to remove some food that had gotten impacted between his gum and his tooth.

See, when I read this at the beginning, I thought you were going to be angry with ExLax because he went to the dentist instead of removing the debris with dental floss. 8-|

Now I'm not dismissing your :flame:, but this is more a rant about pediatric dentistry. I can't recall ANY of our daughter's pediatric dentists who were open on Saturdays. A vet for our dog open on a Saturday, yes. Emergency room and special Saturday ours for a pediatrician? Yes. But a pediatric dentist? Not really. Normally, we have to stabilize until Monday comes around.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 26th, 2010, 11:52 pm

Major shin kicks down the coast to Ex lax and BimbHo.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 26th, 2010, 11:54 pm

Most of the dentists here in Morehead and Beaufort are only open Monday - Thursday. The few that are open on Friday's only work a half day. One of the dentist office only works a half day on Thursday.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.