LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 4th, 2010, 10:42 am

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Why is this thread being closed not a surprise?
http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/for ... hp?t=21475
I'm surprised that EJ never started one like it here...
Maybe we should restart our calendar plans?
Invite those people to post their poll over here!
I have sent the poster an PM inviting him to do this! Unless EJ beats him to it :-o
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 4th, 2010, 10:46 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Why is this thread being closed not a surprise?
http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/for ... hp?t=21475
I'm surprised that EJ never started one like it here...
Maybe we should restart our calendar plans?
Invite those people to post their poll over here!
I have sent the poster an PM inviting him to do this! Unless EJ beats him to it :-o
Did you tell 'em the poll shouldn't be quite so sexiest, or that there needs to be two polls?
I worship the Blue Devil!
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » June 4th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Lavabe wrote:RAMEQUIN... still reeling from that bingo in Scrabble!
In honor of Lavabe, I'm changing my beloved avatar. One thousand shin kicks to Scrabble! for dropping "ramequin" on our primatologist. How dare they sully such a great word.
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 4th, 2010, 8:10 pm

I just chastized a facebook friend for
1. Posting a picture of her 5 year old with his lips on a beer bottle.
2. Letting him drink Magic Hat 9 beer...don't start a youngin' on bad brews. :ymtongue:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 4th, 2010, 9:31 pm

I'll be in Vegas tomorrow night, gonna catch up with Sue Monday or Tuesday, don't know yet. I AM SO READY FOR A VACATION!!!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 4th, 2010, 9:45 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'll be in Vegas tomorrow night, gonna catch up with Sue Monday or Tuesday, don't know yet. I AM SO READY FOR A VACATION!!!
Safe trip, CB&B! Give our regards to Sue!

Way too much wine at the Fleming's wine dinner in Greensboro. Good thing I wasn't driving home!
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 4th, 2010, 10:10 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'll be in Vegas tomorrow night, gonna catch up with Sue Monday or Tuesday, don't know yet. I AM SO READY FOR A VACATION!!!
I'm stoppin' in Vegas tomorrow afternoon on my way to San Jose. I'm hoping that it's like the old days, and they'll let me hop off the plane for a few minutes to run into the terminal to play the slots.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 4th, 2010, 10:12 pm

I'm also pleased to announce that my son is finished with high school, and that he has enough points to graduate.

You all have no idea how close he came to not making it. #:-s
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 4th, 2010, 10:16 pm

CathyCA wrote:
I'm stoppin' in Vegas tomorrow afternoon on my way to San Jose. I'm hoping that it's like the old days, and they'll let me hop off the plane for a few minutes to run into the terminal to play the slots.
Carve your intials on one, then I'll do the same.
What time does flight leave from McCarran? Have a great time in Cali!
Miles

Post by Miles » June 4th, 2010, 10:21 pm

CathyCA wrote:I'm also pleased to announce that my son is finished with high school, and that he has enough points to graduate.

Character is formed in the most unexpected ways. I came no where near to meeting my potential in high school and I'm sure that I let a lot of people down. No matter where I turned, no matter what mistakes I made, my mother and father always stood behind me and gave me the love and support I needed to grow and learn from my mistakes. Keep showing that love and support and great things will happen.
sMiles
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 4th, 2010, 10:31 pm

CathyCA wrote:I'm also pleased to announce that my son is finished with high school, and that he has enough points to graduate.

Great job for both of you! Just keep the faith. It takes some people more time than others to get things going. Vibes and prayers to both of you! :pray: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 4th, 2010, 10:33 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
I arrive at 12:45 and leave at 1:40. I think I can play a couple of slots in that time, although my experience has been that the slots in McCarran are the meanest slots in Las Vegas.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 4th, 2010, 10:41 pm

Miles wrote:

Character is formed in the most unexpected ways. I came no where near to meeting my potential in high school and I'm sure that I let a lot of people down. No matter where I turned, no matter what mistakes I made, my mother and father always stood behind me and gave me the love and support I needed to grow and learn from my mistakes. Keep showing that love and support and great things will happen.
It's been very difficult, given the divorce and the distance, to show him that love and support. We talk every day, but he is a kid of few words. Our daily telephone conversations average 3 minutes. It's hard to squeeze in love and encouragement in that amount of time.

Sam is so incredibly bright, and yet he has absolutely no desire to do homework or projects. As an example, he turned in none of his Economics homework, yet on the final exam, he got the highest score in the class. It drives me nuts because I was the student who not only did all of my homework, I copied it over to make sure that it was neat. I'm an overachiever who birthed an underachiever.

I used to wonder why parents whooped and hollered and carried on at high school graduations. Now I know. . .

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 4th, 2010, 10:41 pm

CathyCA wrote:
CathyCA wrote: I'm stoppin' in Vegas tomorrow afternoon on my way to San Jose. I'm hoping that it's like the old days, and they'll let me hop off the plane for a few minutes to run into the terminal to play the slots.
I arrive at 12:45 and leave at 1:40. I think I can play a couple of slots in that time, although my experience has been that the slots in McCarran are the meanest slots in Las Vegas.
I think they are rigged. It will be cool enough to know that we will both occupy the same block thousands of miles from NC tomorrow. :D
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 4th, 2010, 10:44 pm

CathyCA wrote: I'm an overachiever who birthed an underachiever.
You are my mom!!!! (but not really...lol) (but you could have been, and you two would get along so well!)
Keep on cruising and give him the support he needs. He sounds like he is smart enough to make his own way.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 4th, 2010, 10:45 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote: I think they are rigged. It will be cool enough to know that we will both occupy the same block thousands of miles from NC tomorrow. :D
What time do you fly out tomorrow?

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 4th, 2010, 10:51 pm

CathyCA wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote: I think they are rigged. It will be cool enough to know that we will both occupy the same block thousands of miles from NC tomorrow. :D
I leave RDU @ 3, land in CLEVELAND?! at 4:30, and after a short layover get to Vegas at 7. I love how I land in Vegas 3.5 hours after I leave, but will spend 7+ hours in the air. Everyone will be older when I land.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 4th, 2010, 11:25 pm

You need a :ymhug: There is so much truth in what Miles said. I know Sam will make his way. HE WILL BE FINE in spite of himself. Enjoy his graduation.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 4th, 2010, 11:26 pm

Be safe and have fun. I can't wait to see the painting that come out of this trip. Please give Sue a hug for me.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 4th, 2010, 11:47 pm

CathyCA wrote:
I leave RDU @ 3, land in CLEVELAND?! at 4:30, and after a short layover get to Vegas at 7. I love how I land in Vegas 3.5 hours after I leave, but will spend 7+ hours in the air. Everyone will be older when I land.
I plan to win all of the money before you get there, but in any case, I'll carve my initials on the good slot machine for you!

Safe travels!

~ James Naismith