LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » May 31st, 2010, 7:56 pm

colchar wrote:Alright, so I've pretty much been ignoring this thread for a week or so now (had other stuff to do) and have probably missed a whole bunch of goings on. Anyone want to give me a summary of what I've missed ;)
We talked about you.

That's what happens when you ignore the LTE.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 31st, 2010, 8:01 pm

I had lunch at the Cypress Glen Retirement Center today with my friends Charity and Susan (who turned 99 earlier this month). I walked around the dining room and thanked some of the men who had served in the armed forces for their service to our country, including Mr. Gaylord, one of the retired partners in my firm. **==
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 31st, 2010, 8:22 pm

CathyCA wrote:I had lunch at the Cypress Glen Retirement Center today with my friends Charity and Susan (who turned 99 earlier this month). I walked around the dining room and thanked some of the men who had served in the armed forces for their service to our country, including Mr. Gaylord, one of the retired partners in my firm. **==
Sounds like you had the perfect Veteran's day and saw your friends also. :ymhug: Nice Cathy.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 31st, 2010, 9:28 pm

cl15876 wrote:I started my 1st day of Chantix! (Now yesterday). Next Sunday will be day 1 without the occasional bad habit, but I am already starting to feel it! YAY!!!! I want to quit soo bad, but was a little afraid as a result of seeing my dad years ago gain about 100+ pounds and I didn't have a substitute, but now I do! Started working out in the morning for the past few weeks and am loving it! Let the burn begin again..... ;)
Congrats to you BON, and the strongest of vibes for your success.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 31st, 2010, 9:33 pm

Thanks for all the vibes for my uncle. I saw him this weekend, and he seems to be in pretty good spirits. He did laugh when my sister was teasing him about having the doctor take care of some wrinkles when they're finished with removing the tumor. (I won't go into details on how they'll have to remove the tumor. Suffice it to say that the tumor is in his sinus cavity.)
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 1st, 2010, 7:52 am

Good morning. ~O)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 1st, 2010, 8:23 am

Good morning. ~O)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 1st, 2010, 8:24 am

Today I have my final checkup for my second cataract surgery. My eye is doing great. :)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 1st, 2010, 8:25 am

I'm still up in the clouds about the game yesterday. I love Duke!!
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » June 1st, 2010, 8:26 am

Lavabe wrote:iTouch SCRABBLE CPU just bingoed me with:

RAMEQUIN
Nice to know there is an alternate spelling, but that's a crappy way to find out.
sMiles
Miles

Post by Miles » June 1st, 2010, 8:27 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:I'm still up in the clouds about the game yesterday. I love Duke!!
Kelly and I had a friend over last night, and he knew nothing about lacrosse but he was just as impressed with the highlights. Fun, fun, fun!
sMiles
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 1st, 2010, 9:37 am

I just watched yesterday's overtime (all 5 seconds of it :) ) three or four times. Nice way to calm down from the hassle this workplace already is.
Iron Duke #1471997.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 1st, 2010, 7:08 pm

Just met our local census taker. She was looking for info about the house next to me, several of you met that neighbor at TillyGate. They didn't fill out their census form, and have moved, but for the life of me I couldn't remember when they moved.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 1st, 2010, 7:15 pm

TillyGalore wrote:Just met our local census taker. She was looking for info about the house next to me, several of you met that neighbor at TillyGate. They didn't fill out their census form, and have moved, but for the life of me I couldn't remember when they moved.
We had the same deal...except I know the guy next to us moved to a roomy cell with no view. I told her I didn't know when, I just knew that he was gone during the dates she asked about. The house is owned by the kid's family..but I haven't seen anyone there since they carted him off to the pokey. :Police:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 1st, 2010, 7:48 pm

We sent out census in but had a visit anyway. Didn't take long. I didn't answer everything.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 1st, 2010, 8:42 pm

TillyGalore wrote:Just met our local census taker. She was looking for info about the house next to me, several of you met that neighbor at TillyGate. They didn't fill out their census form, and have moved, but for the life of me I couldn't remember when they moved.
Wasn't he the public safety guy at Duke?

They moved sometime between October and today. =))

~ James Naismith
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 1st, 2010, 9:10 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Wasn't he the public safety guy at Duke?

They moved sometime between October and today. =))
He and his wife moved to her mother's after her father died some time in the last few months. They still have stuff there so haven't completely moved out. He comes by about once a week. K68 mows the lawn every couple of weeks.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 1st, 2010, 9:26 pm

Al and Tipper Gore are separating after 40 years of marriage. I always thought that if you'd gotten that far, you'd just stick it out.

I wonder what really happened.

So sad.

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 1st, 2010, 9:27 pm

CathyCA wrote:Al and Tipper Gore are separating after 40 years of marriage. I always thought that if you'd gotten that far, you'd just stick it out.

So sad.
She kept leaving the lights on.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 2nd, 2010, 5:09 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Al and Tipper Gore are separating after 40 years of marriage. I always thought that if you'd gotten that far, you'd just stick it out.

So sad.
She kept leaving the lights on.
I was thinking she just couldn't stand being married to this guy anymore:

I joke. Reference to all the pundits calling him wooden, of course. Although, looking closely now, there DOES seem to be a resemblance. Something about the jaw I think. ;)

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage