LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 22nd, 2010, 5:11 pm

I've disovered there is a cat living under our trailer, and she has at least 5 kittens. She is not a feral cat, but she doesn't belong to anyone either. I've got to figure a way to catch all them kitties. I caught one a while ago, he was very sweet and didn't try to run away, but all of the kittens run away if they see you coming.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 22nd, 2010, 8:07 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I've disovered there is a cat living under our trailer, and she has at least 5 kittens. She is not a feral cat, but she doesn't belong to anyone either. I've got to figure a way to catch all them kitties. I caught one a while ago, he was very sweet and didn't try to run away, but all of the kittens run away if they see you coming.
Ahh. I hope you can find homes for them.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 22nd, 2010, 8:27 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I've disovered there is a cat living under our trailer, and she has at least 5 kittens. She is not a feral cat, but she doesn't belong to anyone either. I've got to figure a way to catch all them kitties. I caught one a while ago, he was very sweet and didn't try to run away, but all of the kittens run away if they see you coming.
Ahh. I hope you can find homes for them.
I'm probably going to call the animal shelter to come get them...that way they can get shots. They are kittens, so will probably find homes, unlike adult cats.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 22nd, 2010, 11:46 pm

Doesn't matter to me. I'll post anywhere. :ymblushing: :tease:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 23rd, 2010, 12:20 am

Good night. :asleep:
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » May 23rd, 2010, 8:30 am

Watched an old episode of Family Ties today on line...felt kinda weird.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 23rd, 2010, 8:41 am

devildeac wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Last night we went to the annual fish fry for the Hillsborough Exchange Club, then to see a neighbor who had open heart surgery. He's 81 and doing terrific. :)
Does anyone else see the irony in that?

@};-
See it everyday, though 81 is not too shabby. And if it was valve surgery and no bypasses needed, then s/he can continue to eat whatever pleases them. Seriously.
81 is DEFINITELY not too shabby. I wasn't saying that part was ironic. I was referring to the visitors eating fried foods, then visiting someone who'd had to have open heart surgery, thus clearly not learning the object lesson involved in visiting someone who had to have said surgery.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 23rd, 2010, 8:52 am

does anyone else see the irony in that?

@};-[/quote]
See it everyday, though 81 is not too shabby. And if it was valve surgery and no bypasses needed, then s/he can continue to eat whatever pleases them. Seriously.[/quote]

81 is DEFINITELY not too shabby. I wasn't saying that part was ironic. I was referring to the visitors eating fried foods, then visiting someone who'd had to have open heart surgery, thus clearly not learning the object lesson involved in visiting someone who had to have said surgery.

@};-[/quote]

I do see the irony. Yes, we do eat fried fish, maybe once every 6 months. I love fried fish, shrimp, etc. That's the way we grew up. My early years were mostly in the Virginia Beach area. I would eat it way more but we have changed our eating pattern considerable. Time will tell if eating fried fish will hurt me my next 68 years. :)) :)) :))
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 23rd, 2010, 8:54 am

Oh year, I forgot to say good morning. Old habits die hard. I must say it on this thread. :ymdevil:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 23rd, 2010, 9:43 am

This morning I got up at 6:30, got the kid up and over to the church for Youth Sunday, came home, did a load of laundry, washed some dishes, rode my bike, re-potted some flowers, cleaned a bathroom, and now it's time for me to get ready to go to church.

I don't have to sing this morning since it's Youth Sunday. I get to sit with my mom. After the services, we're having BBQ on the grounds. They started cooking the pigs yesterday. It smelled good yesterday afternoon. I can't wait to taste them. YUM!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 23rd, 2010, 11:09 am

CathyCA wrote:This morning I got up at 6:30, got the kid up and over to the church for Youth Sunday, came home, did a load of laundry, washed some dishes, rode my bike, re-potted some flowers, cleaned a bathroom, and now it's time for me to get ready to go to church.

I don't have to sing this morning since it's Youth Sunday. I get to sit with my mom. After the services, we're having BBQ on the grounds. They started cooking the pigs yesterday. It smelled good yesterday afternoon. I can't wait to taste them. YUM!
Cathy, you are full speed ahead. Your day sounds great. Say hi to to boys and your mom for me.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 23rd, 2010, 2:09 pm

CathyCA wrote:My pics of the lunch with Sarah Ferguson are up on my FB page.

I didn't get my picture made with her, but I did manage to snap a few pictures of her as she and her mob of autograph seekers walked by my table on her way out of the hall.
Still cool pics, but it turns out she's slimy.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100523/ap_ ... oyal_sting
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 23rd, 2010, 2:12 pm

Another from Duke gardens (like the dogwood, both from before last year's spring football game)...
HollyMed.jpg
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 23rd, 2010, 2:16 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Another from Duke gardens (like the dogwood, both from before last year's spring football game)...
HollyMed.jpg
Wow! You have such talent. This is lovely.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 23rd, 2010, 2:51 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Another from Duke gardens (like the dogwood, both from before last year's spring football game)...
HollyMed.jpg
As usual, I love the painting. Are you going to enter the dogwood and this one in the contest you talked about?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 23rd, 2010, 3:10 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
HollyMed.jpg
As usual, I love the painting. Are you going to enter the dogwood and this one in the contest you talked about?
As of now, they are the two front runners. I'd be tempted to enter somebody's portrait, but somebody's dad needs it before the show is over. ;)
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 23rd, 2010, 3:42 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:

I didn't get my picture made with her, but I did manage to snap a few pictures of her as she and her mob of autograph seekers walked by my table on her way out of the hall.
OMG! One of the things she told us at the luncheon was that she didn't like to have makeup artists because she didn't like the smell of their fingers around her face after they had just smoked a cigarette.

In the video, Fergie is SMOKING A CIGARETTE!

Sigh. I'm so disillusioned.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 23rd, 2010, 3:48 pm

CathyCA wrote:

OMG! One of the things she told us at the luncheon was that she didn't like to have makeup artists because she didn't like the smell of their fingers around her face after they had just smoked a cigarette.

So she just didn't like the smell of their fingers. :-?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 23rd, 2010, 4:36 pm

CathyCA wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote: Still cool pics, but it turns out she's slimy.

So she just didn't like the smell of their fingers. :-?
Interestingly, she was making a negative comment about tobacco in front of an audience of 1600 people in the second-largest tobacco producing county in North Carolina.

And NOW we learn that she is a tobacco consumer.

Had she told us that she enjoyed the occasional cigarette, our audience might have applauded. Instead, she criticized her makeup artist for smoking a cigarette and then putting her smoky hands all over Fergie's face.

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 23rd, 2010, 8:06 pm

Tonight is a Lost night! B-) All Lost, all night! :D A total Loss, so to speak. ;)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com