LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Miles » May 21st, 2010, 7:53 am

bjornolf wrote:Part of the drop off could be due to our missing members. 8-X took some time off, as have DA and Bostondevil and Sue. She's having too much fun in sin city. ;)

[tongue in cheek]

Of course, just playing devil's advocate, but if my boring "good morning" is the ONLY thing you see when you log on in the morning, then you'd still have to start your own interesting topic. It's not like I have a single, damn, interesting thing to say. I'm still :(( every day about my mommy. =((

But, if you wanna take away my one contribution to the LTE, then I'm game.

[/tongue in cheek]

@};-
Dude, think of it this way. Posting once in LTE 2.0 and once in the Good Morning thread doubles your post count in the morning. I'm surprised a dedicated PW like you didn't pick up on this. ;-)
sMiles
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 21st, 2010, 7:53 am

DukeUsul wrote:Time to pack. Drive Charlotte. Night at a friends house. Then Aruba time!
Have fun! Take lots of pictures and post them.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 21st, 2010, 7:58 am

Good morning. ~O)

This post is in protest of the "new" thread! B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Miles

Post by Miles » May 21st, 2010, 8:33 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Good morning. ~O)

Protest fail. You included other meaningful words that spawn other posts.
sMiles
Miles

Post by Miles » May 21st, 2010, 9:05 am

sMiles
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 21st, 2010, 9:28 am

Miles wrote:

Thank you. My words are always meaningful! B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Miles

Post by Miles » May 21st, 2010, 9:29 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Miles wrote: This post is in protest of the "new" thread! B-)
Thank you. My words are always meaningful! B-)[/quote]
I'm not sure that's always a good thing. ;-) :D
sMiles
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 21st, 2010, 9:34 am

One subtle benefit to Miles with this new thread (and the 2nd new thread that he links to) is that he is now an Assistant Professor of PWing. Basically, he crossed the MIles-stone in a unique way... by the way, where is the Milestones thread?

However, I tend to agree with the paradigm of optimism on this one. Bjornolf's daily Good Morning doesn't inhibit our posting.

As for not posting that much, I think I'll be posting less frequently in just a matter of days, and it has NOTHING to do with bjornolf's Good Morning posts. ;)

Here are ten more reasonable explanations for the lack of posting on LTE 2.0:
10) It's no longer basketball season;
9) Tired of the John Wall thread;
8) Rhymes with Dumbo (we can blame him for everything if we want to, right?);
7) Violence in Bangkok, or maybe even the oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico;
6) Responding to new Earljam threads each day;
5) It's not the heat, it's the humidity;
4) No public policy board (just kidding);
3) The Braves are winning;
2) Damn mosquitoes;
1) Awaiting a post from Billybreen.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 21st, 2010, 9:53 am

Mr. Lawgrad's ex showed up at his place of business yesterday with his Christmas present-two fat bottles of wine and a bottle of Yellowtail which he promptly dropped.

Christmas presents in May. Really....

We had a homicide case here once where a poor unfortunate lady was discovered dead by her family on Easter weekend when they went to drop off her Christmas present. The case was memorable basically because the defendant got drunk and called the local cable channel and said he wanted to come on and explain his side of the case (before he was arrested), if the announcer would pick him up and buy him a bottle of Scotch on the way in.

He and the announcer shared the bottle of Scotch and they had a wild conversation, which ended when the announcer asked him, "You know, they say Mrs. Jones (not her real name) had a lot of dogs up at her house. When you were up there, did you see a lot of feces?" The answer, predictably, was, "Naw, didn't see no feces, but there was a whole lot of sh**."
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 21st, 2010, 10:20 am

From Good Morning/LTE thread analysis.
Good morning.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 21st, 2010, 10:21 am

From other Good Morning thread.

Good morning, again.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 21st, 2010, 10:22 am

Good idea, Miles.

That was worth 5 posts for me this AM ;) :D
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 21st, 2010, 10:23 am

devildeac wrote:Good idea, Miles.

I was just about to comment about your racking up PW points this morning. The idea just might be a keeper, after all.
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 21st, 2010, 10:29 am

lawgrad91 wrote:

I was just about to comment about your racking up PW points this morning. The idea just might be a keeper, after all.
11 now after this response and a good morning to colchar in his birthday thread ;) :D
Miles

Post by Miles » May 21st, 2010, 11:08 am

devildeac wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

11 now after this response and a good morning to colchar in his birthday thread ;) :D
Are we entering into a new realm of PWing?

Call it GMWing
sMiles
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 21st, 2010, 11:11 am

Miles wrote: Dude, think of it this way. Posting once in LTE 2.0 and once in the Good Morning thread doubles your post count in the morning. I'm surprised a dedicated PW like you didn't pick up on this. ;-)
Yea, but the good morning really IS pretty much my only contribution to the LTE anymore. And calling me a PW is kind of a joke, especially a "dedicated" one. Less than a year ago, I was the number 1 poster on this entire board for about a week. Then DD blew me out of the water over a weekend. Considering I joined over a month after such pros as the headmaster of PWing, DD, I was pretty proud, and a little embarrassed, at making number 1 for a while. In fact, I believe I rubbed a few posters the wrong way over it. I was really just trying to pass my post count over on DBR. Since then, I have fallen from first to barely in the top 10. I have just under 1500 posts over there (I think some of mine were deleted, cause I was SURE I used to be over 2000 over there). Here I have about 3200. That means that in my first couple months, I shot out about 2000 posts. Then I posted quite a bit for a while. I was number 2 poster for several more months. I hit 2500 a couple months ago. The last couple months, I've averaged maybe 2 or 3 posts a day, down from almost 15 when I started and about 11 when I was still posting a lot but had given up on being first. I'm hardly a PW anymore. If you look at my stats, I'm at 7.98 posts per day currently total. However, I was at about 15 for my first six months here, and that dropped to about 13 the next 4 months. So, in the last 3 months, my average post per day stat has almost cut in half from what it was in the beginning. That means I ain't posting much the last couple months.

@};-
Last edited by bjornolf on May 21st, 2010, 11:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 21st, 2010, 11:11 am

Miles wrote:
devildeac wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote: I was just about to comment about your racking up PW points this morning. The idea just might be a keeper, after all.
Are we entering into a new realm of PWing?

Call it GMWing
Don't forget to check The Stadium...

:)) =))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 21st, 2010, 11:14 am

bjornolf wrote:
Miles wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Part of the drop off could be due to our missing members. 8-X took some time off, as have DA and Bostondevil and Sue. She's having too much fun in sin city. ;)

[tongue in cheek]

Of course, just playing devil's advocate, but if my boring "good morning" is the ONLY thing you see when you log on in the morning, then you'd still have to start your own interesting topic. It's not like I have a single, damn, interesting thing to say. I'm still :(( every day about my mommy. =((

But, if you wanna take away my one contribution to the LTE, then I'm game.

[/tongue in cheek]

@};-
Dude, think of it this way. Posting once in LTE 2.0 and once in the Good Morning thread doubles your post count in the morning. I'm surprised a dedicated PW like you didn't pick up on this. ;-)
Yea, but the good morning really IS my only contribution to the LTE anymore. And calling me a PW is kind of a joke, especially a "dedicated" one. Less than a year ago, I was the number 1 poster on this entire board for about a week. Then DD blew me out of the water over a weekend. I was really just trying to pass my post count over on DBR. Since then, I have fallen from first to barely in the top 10. I have just under 1500 posts over there. Here I have about 3200. That means that in my first couple months, I shot out about 1500 posts. Then I posted quite a bit for a while. I was number 2 poster for several more months. The last several months, I've averaged maybe 2 or 3 posts a day, down from almost 14 when I started and about 11 when I was still posting a lot but had given up on being first. I'm hardly a PW anymore.

@};-
I still like you, PW or not. :ymhug:

And, BTW, good morning. ;) :D
Miles

Post by Miles » May 21st, 2010, 11:27 am

bjornolf wrote:
Miles wrote: Dude, think of it this way. Posting once in LTE 2.0 and once in the Good Morning thread doubles your post count in the morning. I'm surprised a dedicated PW like you didn't pick up on this. ;-)
Yea, but the good morning really IS pretty much my only contribution to the LTE anymore. And calling me a PW is kind of a joke, especially a "dedicated" one. Less than a year ago, I was the number 1 poster on this entire board for about a week. Then DD blew me out of the water over a weekend. Considering I joined over a month after such pros as the headmaster of PWing, DD, I was pretty proud, and a little embarrassed, at making number 1 for a while. In fact, I believe I rubbed a few posters the wrong way over it. I was really just trying to pass my post count over on DBR. Since then, I have fallen from first to barely in the top 10. I have just under 1500 posts over there (I think some of mine were deleted, cause I was SURE I used to be over 2000 over there). Here I have about 3200. That means that in my first couple months, I shot out about 2000 posts. Then I posted quite a bit for a while. I was number 2 poster for several more months. I hit 2500 a couple months ago. The last couple months, I've averaged maybe 2 or 3 posts a day, down from almost 15 when I started and about 11 when I was still posting a lot but had given up on being first. I'm hardly a PW anymore. If you look at my stats, I'm at 7.98 posts per day currently total. However, I was at about 15 for my first six months here, and that dropped to about 13 the next 4 months. So, in the last 3 months, my average post per day stat has almost cut in half from what it was in the beginning. That means I ain't posting much the last couple months.

@};-
You're already contributing more to LTE 2.0. See, it's working!!!
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 21st, 2010, 11:54 am

Goto Google and play Googleman...in honor of Pac-man's 30th birthday. It's hard.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.