LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » April 16th, 2010, 6:13 pm

cl15876 wrote:My TIVO is sooo amazing (well truth be told my Tivo Queen taught me how to use it, so it goes without saying how special she is), guess what is just starting on CBS Classic... Butler .vs. Duke playing for the 2010 NCAA Championship! :x :D ;)
Does Hayward hit the shot at the end? He keeps trying. :D :D :D B-)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 16th, 2010, 6:19 pm

Lavabe wrote:
cl15876 wrote:My TIVO is sooo amazing (well truth be told my Tivo Queen taught me how to use it, so it goes without saying how special she is), guess what is just starting on CBS Classic... Butler .vs. Duke playing for the 2010 NCAA Championship! :x :D ;)
He missed it again! I don't know what is wrong with that boy - he gets a lot of practice based on the number of people that have said they have watched it.

Of course, I'm happy that he doesn't improve.
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 16th, 2010, 6:39 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
I just watched the end of that game and now am watching the beginning of the Duke v West Virginia semi-final game. Or should this go in EJs Round and Round and Round and Round thread?

Nope...because we know how it ENDS!!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 16th, 2010, 6:52 pm

windsor wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
I just watched the end of that game and now am watching the beginning of the Duke v West Virginia semi-final game. Or should this go in EJs Round and Round and Round and Round thread?

Nope...because we know how it ENDS!!
But since they seem to be continually running the games, do they ever really end? or begin? Not that I'm complaining - it's great when there isn't anything on other channels.
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 16th, 2010, 7:10 pm

Aaah, perfect with my fish and water. (When Mr.Lawgrad91 gets off work, we have to go to a thing at church. That explains the water, though maybe it could be turned into wine! :-? ) WVa-Duke on CBSC. DirecTV is a many-splendored thing....
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » April 16th, 2010, 7:43 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
He missed it again! I don't know what is wrong with that boy - he gets a lot of practice based on the number of people that have said they have watched it.

Of course, I'm happy that he doesn't improve.
Considering Kyle's performance that night, both offensive AND defensive (guarding Hayward), I still don't get why Hayward gets ranked higher than Kyle.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 16th, 2010, 11:14 pm

Fell asleep on the couch...there went an evening.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 17th, 2010, 6:15 am

Good Morning. ~O)

All of y'all's talk about Hayward missing the shot again reminds me of the Pixar short about the little snowman in the snowglobe. Every time he falls in that aquarium when my kids are watching, I can't help but scream at him to "RUN!" But he never gets out of the way fast enough,and the globe falls back on him. I KNOW it's gonna happen, but I just can't help myself.

%%-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcH08L8k3NU
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 17th, 2010, 6:36 am

I realize that it now happened a while ago and I missed it, but congratulations to Wilson for passing me in the PWing category. I have now fallen out of the top 5 officially. Sir, I am humbled by your post whoring. :Pirate:

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » April 17th, 2010, 6:46 am

bjornolf wrote:Good Morning. ~O)

All of y'all's talk about Hayward missing the shot again reminds me of the Pixar short about the little snowman in the snowglobe. Every time he falls in that aquarium when my kids are watching, I can't help but scream at him to "RUN!" But he never gets out of the way fast enough,and the globe falls back on him. I KNOW it's gonna happen, but I just can't help myself.

%%-

Every time I keep watching Hayward miss, I keep wondering: Did Howard (Butler) level Singler before the shot?

I think the refs must have been in a time-space continuum, or maybe even a time warp. :-? Or perhaps they needed the use of a flux capacitor or maybe a Hot Tub time machine. :veryconfused: They might have even been in a trance. :twitch:

Nahhhhh... they were just blind. :Boo:
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 17th, 2010, 6:59 am

Lavabe wrote:

%%-

Every time I keep watching Hayward miss, I keep wondering: Did Howard (Butler) level Singler before the shot?

I think the refs must have been in a time-space continuum, or maybe even a time warp. :-? Or perhaps they needed the use of a flux capacitor or maybe a Hot Tub time machine. :veryconfused: They might have even been in a trance. :twitch:

Eh, I wouldn't expect refs to make that call. Heck, Howard had handfuls of BOTH Singler's and Zoubek's jerseys, arms spread wide, PULLING them back away from Hayward on his fall away jumper that missed. I GOTTA think that's an illegal screen of SOME sort. Woulda been his fifth foul, and he wouldn't have been on the floor to take out Singler. ;) Reminds me a little of the UConn game when Okafur played the last 10 minutes with 4 fouls and was hacking everything in sight, but the refs just wouldn't foul him out.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 17th, 2010, 8:34 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Fell asleep on the couch...there went an evening.
;-) Been there and done that! I actually got a 30 minute power nap yesterday around 5pm and then started working on things around my house. It has been a LONG tough week!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 17th, 2010, 8:44 am

Good morning. ~O) What is it about weekends that are so special? I would have thought, being retired, they wouldn't make much difference. Not so. Maybe its a carry over from the "working days". :)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 17th, 2010, 8:48 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Good morning. ~O) What is it about weekends that are so special? I would have thought, being retired, they wouldn't make much difference. Not so. Maybe its a carry over for the "working days". :)
Good Morning! :coffee: It is a gorgeous morning with all the birds singing outside!!!! :ymblushing: ;)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 17th, 2010, 9:07 am

bjornolf wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

%%-

Eh, I wouldn't expect refs to make that call. Heck, Howard had handfuls of BOTH Singler's and Zoubek's jerseys, arms spread wide, PULLING them back away from Hayward on his fall away jumper that missed. I GOTTA think that's an illegal screen of SOME sort. Woulda been his fifth foul, and he wouldn't have been on the floor to take out Singler. ;) Reminds me a little of the UConn game when Okafur played the last 10 minutes with 4 fouls and was hacking everything in sight, but the refs just wouldn't foul him out.

%%-
You're probably correct. They are not gonna make that call. But it's their freakin' job to make that call! That's why they wear the damned whistles around their necks. If a Duke players pushes Heyward on his way up court, do you think they make that call? If they whack/hack his arm on the shot, do you think they make that call?

And don't get me started on the officiating travesty of that 2004 semi-final game against ucons. X( X( X( X( X(
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 17th, 2010, 10:18 am

I don't get all that stuff about how the players should decide the game at the end. If something is a foul in the first minute or in the twenty-eighth minute, it should be a foul in the fortieth minute. Somehow I can't see one of our judges saying, "Well, that was hearsay in the Commonwealth's case in chief, but now that we're on the last witness of rebuttal, I'll let it go."

I wanted to ask, in all those replays of the NC game, if the refs ever called that foul on Howard for the crackback block on Kyle. I guess not. In the grand scheme of things, fortunately, it didn't matter....
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 17th, 2010, 10:47 am

All the cats seem to want to do today is sleep...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 17th, 2010, 10:56 am

lawgrad91 wrote:I don't get all that stuff about how the players should decide the game at the end. If something is a foul in the first minute or in the twenty-eighth minute, it should be a foul in the fortieth minute. Somehow I can't see one of our judges saying, "Well, that was hearsay in the Commonwealth's case in chief, but now that we're on the last witness of rebuttal, I'll let it go."

I wanted to ask, in all those replays of the NC game, if the refs ever called that foul on Howard for the crackback block on Kyle. I guess not. In the grand scheme of things, fortunately, it didn't matter....
Agreed. We got lucky, real lucky that the last shot did not bank in. There's even some controversy about whether the shot even left his hand before 0:00 appeared on the overhead clock or the shot clock. Imagine that scenario.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 17th, 2010, 11:45 am

devildeac wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:I don't get all that stuff about how the players should decide the game at the end. If something is a foul in the first minute or in the twenty-eighth minute, it should be a foul in the fortieth minute. Somehow I can't see one of our judges saying, "Well, that was hearsay in the Commonwealth's case in chief, but now that we're on the last witness of rebuttal, I'll let it go."

Agreed. We got lucky, real lucky that the last shot did not bank in. There's even some controversy about whether the shot even left his hand before 0:00 appeared on the overhead clock or the shot clock. Imagine that scenario.
First off, NO I don't want to imagine that scenario! ;) 2nd - after watching the game for ??? (I forget now how many times), but last night was fun... I loved Zoub taking someone out under the hoop (no foul), but then he was called for fouling someone else! Also, that replay of Haywhoo being taken out by LT (I think they showed it like 6+ times) was amazing! I'm glad no one got hurt, but you can't make that stuff up! This team was touched and blessed this year! I felt it! They are/were AWESOME!!!!! GO DUKE!!!! GO DUKE!!!! GO DUKE!!!! GO DUKE!!!! Lastly, I thought the same thing DD, but I definitely heard the buzzer as the ball was arcing between 1/2 court and the backboard! Thank you lord! ^:)^ :-BD
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » April 17th, 2010, 12:30 pm

devildeac wrote:

Does anyone know if he called out "HORSE" before he shot it?