LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 13th, 2010, 2:47 pm

Rolvix wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I bought Half-Life The Orange Box tonight. It's 5 games, starting with Half-Life 2. I've been shooting baddies :violence-rapidfire: :violence-pistoldouble: :violence-snipersmiley: all night long. :D
I heard the Orange Box was great... Sadly my computer is slightly outdated now - I used to be pretty into computer games.

Half-Life 2 and CS:S were the bomb!!!
I was up until 12:30 playing, had to finally force myself to bed. More bad guys await me when I get home!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 13th, 2010, 3:31 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Rolvix wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I bought Half-Life The Orange Box tonight. It's 5 games, starting with Half-Life 2. I've been shooting baddies :violence-rapidfire: :violence-pistoldouble: :violence-snipersmiley: all night long. :D
I heard the Orange Box was great... Sadly my computer is slightly outdated now - I used to be pretty into computer games.

Half-Life 2 and CS:S were the bomb!!!
I was up until 12:30 playing, had to finally force myself to bed. More bad guys await me when I get home!
Are you playing them on a console, or does the Orange Box come for computers too?

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » April 13th, 2010, 3:51 pm

Miles wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Good Morning, all. ~O)

What the hell happened to Kate Gosselin's arms? Is it just me, or does she look like a male WWE star in this photo (just the arms, I mean)?

%%-
I don't know. I don't care. I just hope she uses them to strangle herself to death.
LOL and funny as hell! =)) =)) =))

-EJ
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » April 13th, 2010, 3:53 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Posting on the plane, I'm in seat 9F. Just sayin'.

"I am tired of these mother f**king posts, on this mother f**king PLANE!"

-EarlJam
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 13th, 2010, 3:56 pm

bjornolf wrote: Are you playing them on a console, or does the Orange Box come for computers too?
Mine is for the PC. The only console I can use anymore is the WII. I hate all the buttons on the console controllers.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » April 13th, 2010, 3:59 pm

bjornolf wrote: Are you playing them on a console, or does the Orange Box come for computers too?

%%-
Oh yeah, I forgot they ported it to consoles... I can't imagine playing HL on my Xbox.
Class of 2014
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » April 13th, 2010, 4:38 pm

I am bored shitless. :|

-EarlJam
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » April 13th, 2010, 5:29 pm

Synder's of Hanover's Mustard and Onion Pretzel Pieces are simply delicious beyond measure. I have a 10 oz. bag of them (a dime bag). A serving is one ounce. I think I have had five servings in the last thirty minutes. Shit!

They are just so damn good.

-EarlJam
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » April 13th, 2010, 5:54 pm

I just took my pulse. It is currently at 52 beats per minute.

-EarlJam
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » April 13th, 2010, 6:07 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:I had a cataract removed from my left eye this morning. It went well. I'm happy to have it over. Of course, I have one more to go but it will be awhile.
Like everyone above, I'm very glad that it went well for you. Rest easy and follow doctor's orders to speed recovery! :ymhug:
I echo those same, warm and loving congratulations and vibes for speeding healing!!! I missed this yesterday and was exhausted and retired early!!! :-BD :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 13th, 2010, 7:09 pm

It was a dreary day today up here and the ONLY thing that got better was my eyesight, but I am still praying for miracles and patience!!! :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
- Morning yucky, traffic yucky, ...,
- I get to where I am supposed to be at 0900 for a meeting at 1000 so this sucks just sitting there thinking about everything going on....
- finally, I get to talk to my lawyer who returns my call to formulate a game plan to stop the BS from my X ~X( (he agrees she is way out of line) and will actually help bring some normalcy to my kids life before she sucks the life out of them,....
- so "I'm fired up...",
- I sit in a meeting for over two hours that started 1/2 late X( X( X( X( and the guy who was doing the meeting wasn't properly prepared (Meeting 101, have agenda, handouts, and some structure... (to his credit, he at least had a 40" LCD screen)), but this guy is a stream of unstructured stream conscious and went down 50 different roads for 1 purpose..... X( X( X( X( X( X( , (the looks that were exchanged said it all.....)
- I had a real hard time focusing and it was all I could do to bite my tongue, then it finally was over! Thank god!
- I head back to my old Tysons facility and I'm an hour ahead of time, I think (let's do the meeting early, but someone else I don't know is supposed to be there, thinking that rearranging the meeting will be too complicated, so let me kill an hour and solve a procrastination issue I've been dealing with.... let me finally get my eyes checked and get the eyeglass process moving.... (I wanted to do it with someone special to at least tell me I don't look like a dork with my selection of glasses, but that wasn't possible and my eyes were getting worse), so ....
- I get my eye exam.... Results: Just like blood test, all looks perfect with retina exams and glaucoma test is fine (I always think of guacamole when I hear this) & disease free :-BD :)), but the fact that I need to have glasses, uggggg....
- I have 1 hour mind you and I'm sitting around for about 20 minutes after I was told the Dr will be with ya in a minute... excuse me.....
- Finally, Mr. Long (I mean Mr. Bones) ... thank you lord.... so we greet and I tell the eye doctor that I have to be across the street at my old office by 1:30pm for a meeting, can we get this done (it's 1:10pm) or do I need to come back afterwards?
- He says I'll be done by 1:25pm and I can't tell you how long it will take you to get across the street... OKAY, let's do this!
- I meet with the eye doctor, and he fine tunes the superman eye machine to dial in the correct prescription and (I am talking to myself and him, I hate these machines, my eyelashes always screw me up... He says, I don't care about your eyelashes, can you see the letters???.... Finally, we are done, it is 1:30pm
- I pay for the exam and return around 3:00pm
- I get to my meeting about 10 minutes late, but she wasn't ready anyways... she finishes in about hour after starting (stuff I already knew), but frankly, I couldn't focus, she would talk and I would hear an entirely different convo that occurred earlier... It was making me nuts.... thank goodness she finished!
- I return to get my frames, so I go look at the glass frames (fish out of water) and find that all the frames I'd previously tried on were woman's... (no wonder they made me look like a dork), so I look on the appropriate side of the store that they now direct me to.... and a worker girl comes out, can I help you?
- Yes, I need to pick out a frame (duh), but I have no idea what will look okay on me or what I should pick....can you help me?
- Well these are all designer frames (which are popular) and these are in-house frames .... I'm dying here (that was helpful, I already knew that), at this time with the anxiety and stress amongst other things that are going on upstairs and all the thousands of frames to pick from I am really not enjoying this. 1st they are all square and not normally round or stylish like they were in the good ol days and so forth... so now I am overwhelmed...
- I pick a few... nope, I don't like ... nope, I don't like... nope, I don't like, ... too big, ... too flairy, .... I'm quickly getting frustrated and then finally I find a pair of yellow gold frames with wire on bottom and they are sort of square lenses and they are tolerable because they go with my blonde hair (what's left of it) and I ask her what she thinks...
- I think I could have put on Austin Power glasses and she would have said they looked great! #-o, but these were acceptable to me so I went with because it was quickly apparent this I really didn't give a crap what she thought anyways and the 1 that I really did wasn't there ....
- So I say, let's go with these.... which 2nd pair do you want? Oh God, :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o not another decision (NOT right now I think to myself) X( X( X( ... so I ask, "can I wait until maybe I have someone with me to help me"... Yes, you have 30 days (mark!), okay (right answer - to myself), so let's get this done!
- Close to $450 later with anti-glare and transition square lenses (that have to be ordered) and we'll order your lenses, but we'll give you/cut these temporary loaner lenses TODAY for you to leave with in an hour! Oh, okay! and your 2nd pair could be the exact equivalent style if you like for FREE! Oh what a deal! Okay, return in an hour!
- I sit in my car and ponder life and .... figure after 45 minutes of going nuts... I wonder if they are done?
- I go back in and it's like I'm an alien.... some girl gives me the 3rd degree and finally after 10 minutes of walking thru some door finally returns with my glasses... I put them on and it's like WOW!!!! I don't care what they look like frankly with my temporary lenses in my yellow gold frames, but everything is crystal clear!! I have to do that old foggy thing of looking over my lenses to see up close, but OMG, this was the BEST THING that happened to me today. I wish I could have bit my tongue all day from my waking moments but the dreariness of the rain and clouds up here today for some reason just had me NOT MYSELF and out of sorts!!!!!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 13th, 2010, 7:52 pm

cl15876 wrote:I have to do that old foggy thing of looking over my lenses to see up close, but OMG, this was the BEST THING that happened to me today. I wish I could have bit my tongue all day from my waking moments but the dreariness of the rain and clouds up here today for some reason just had me NOT MYSELF and out of sorts!!!!!
Happy to hear it all worked out. I'm dying from laughter here! =))
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 13th, 2010, 7:55 pm

I dropped my laptop a few minutes ago and apparently broke the screen. I have horizontal and vertical color lines across the monitor, and there's a spot near the middle that has the appearance of broken glass (although I didn't think there was glass in the monitor. How expensive will it be to fix this?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 13th, 2010, 8:03 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I dropped my laptop a few minutes ago and apparently broke the screen. I have horizontal and vertical color lines across the monitor, and there's a spot near the middle that has the appearance of broken glass (although I didn't think there was glass in the monitor. How expensive will it be to fix this?
Oh that sucks. The screen itself can be as much as the laptop..most likely with labor it will be. Google the model laptop/lcd and see what you come up with for parts price. It shouldn't take any tech longer than an hour to install a screen, and maybe you will get a better price if you buy it yourself. If not, get a new laptop and transfer your data & settings over. A decent laptop can be bought for under $500.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 13th, 2010, 8:09 pm

cl15876 wrote:It was a dreary day today up here and the ONLY thing that got better was my eyesight, but I am still praying for miracles and patience!!! :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
- Morning yucky, traffic yucky, ...,
- I get to where I am supposed to be at 0900 for a meeting at 1000 so this sucks just sitting there thinking about everything going on....
- finally, I get to talk to my lawyer who returns my call to formulate a game plan to stop the BS from my X ~X( (he agrees she is way out of line) and will actually help bring some normalcy to my kids life before she sucks the life out of them,....
- so "I'm fired up...",
- I sit in a meeting for over two hours that started 1/2 late X( X( X( X( and the guy who was doing the meeting wasn't properly prepared (Meeting 101, have agenda, handouts, and some structure... (to his credit, he at least had a 40" LCD screen)), but this guy is a stream of unstructured stream conscious and went down 50 different roads for 1 purpose..... X( X( X( X( X( X( , (the looks that were exchanged said it all.....)
- I had a real hard time focusing and it was all I could do to bite my tongue, then it finally was over! Thank god!
- I head back to my old Tysons facility and I'm an hour ahead of time, I think (let's do the meeting early, but someone else I don't know is supposed to be there, thinking that rearranging the meeting will be too complicated, so let me kill an hour and solve a procrastination issue I've been dealing with.... let me finally get my eyes checked and get the eyeglass process moving.... (I wanted to do it with someone special to at least tell me I don't look like a dork with my selection of glasses, but that wasn't possible and my eyes were getting worse), so ....

- I get my eye exam.... Results: Just like blood test, all looks perfect with retina exams and glaucoma test is fine (I always think of guacamole when I hear this) & disease free :-BD :)), but the fact that I need to have glasses, uggggg....
- I have 1 hour mind you and I'm sitting around for about 20 minutes after I was told the Dr will be with ya in a minute... excuse me.....
- Finally, Mr. Long (I mean Mr. Bones) ... thank you lord.... so we greet and I tell the eye doctor that I have to be across the street at my old office by 1:30pm for a meeting, can we get this done (it's 1:10pm) or do I need to come back afterwards?
- He says I'll be done by 1:25pm and I can't tell you how long it will take you to get across the street... OKAY, let's do this!
- I meet with the eye doctor, and he fine tunes the superman eye machine to dial in the correct prescription and (I am talking to myself and him, I hate these machines, my eyelashes always screw me up... He says, I don't care about your eyelashes, can you see the letters???.... Finally, we are done, it is 1:30pm
- I pay for the exam and return around 3:00pm
- I get to my meeting about 10 minutes late, but she wasn't ready anyways... she finishes in about hour after starting (stuff I already knew), but frankly, I couldn't focus, she would talk and I would hear an entirely different convo that occurred earlier... It was making me nuts.... thank goodness she finished!
- I return to get my frames, so I go look at the glass frames (fish out of water) and find that all the frames I'd previously tried on were woman's... (no wonder they made me look like a dork), so I look on the appropriate side of the store that they now direct me to.... and a worker girl comes out, can I help you?
- Yes, I need to pick out a frame (duh), but I have no idea what will look okay on me or what I should pick....can you help me?
- Well these are all designer frames (which are popular) and these are in-house frames .... I'm dying here (that was helpful, I already knew that), at this time with the anxiety and stress amongst other things that are going on upstairs and all the thousands of frames to pick from I am really not enjoying this. 1st they are all square and not normally round or stylish like they were in the good ol days and so forth... so now I am overwhelmed...
- I pick a few... nope, I don't like ... nope, I don't like... nope, I don't like, ... too big, ... too flairy, .... I'm quickly getting frustrated and then finally I find a pair of yellow gold frames with wire on bottom and they are sort of square lenses and they are tolerable because they go with my blonde hair (what's left of it) and I ask her what she thinks...
- I think I could have put on Austin Power glasses and she would have said they looked great! #-o, but these were acceptable to me so I went with because it was quickly apparent this I really didn't give a crap what she thought anyways and the 1 that I really did wasn't there ....
- So I say, let's go with these.... which 2nd pair do you want? Oh God, :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o not another decision (NOT right now I think to myself) X( X( X( ... so I ask, "can I wait until maybe I have someone with me to help me"... Yes, you have 30 days (mark!), okay (right answer - to myself), so let's get this done!
- Close to $450 later with anti-glare and transition square lenses (that have to be ordered) and we'll order your lenses, but we'll give you/cut these temporary loaner lenses TODAY for you to leave with in an hour! Oh, okay! and your 2nd pair could be the exact equivalent style if you like for FREE! Oh what a deal! Okay, return in an hour!
- I sit in my car and ponder life and .... figure after 45 minutes of going nuts... I wonder if they are done?
- I go back in and it's like I'm an alien.... some girl gives me the 3rd degree and finally after 10 minutes of walking thru some door finally returns with my glasses... I put them on and it's like WOW!!!! I don't care what they look like frankly with my temporary lenses in my yellow gold frames, but everything is crystal clear!! I have to do that old foggy thing of looking over my lenses to see up close, but OMG, this was the BEST THING that happened to me today. I wish I could have bit my tongue all day from my waking moments but the dreariness of the rain and clouds up here today for some reason just had me NOT MYSELF and out of sorts!!!!!
Glad to hear it all ended good.

When I hear Glaucoma, I think of Reefer Madness. :veryconfused: :veryconfused:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 13th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Hey Bones & CathyCA... It's ELVIS night on Idol.

Bowersox starts it off like DYNAMITE, as usual. Great Blues work!! :ymapplause: :Clap:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 13th, 2010, 8:16 pm

Lavabe wrote:Hey Bones & CathyCA... It's ELVIS night on Idol.

Bowersox starts it off like DYNAMITE, as usual. Great Blues work!! :ymapplause: :Clap:
I've got it on, but am still having a hard time focusing, but figgered she would be okay with anything she sang! I am afraid to make my Nascar picks at the moment, but you're stressing me out with that deadline!!!!! :-s :-s :-s
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 13th, 2010, 8:17 pm

THIS POST IS FOR BONES. =))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 13th, 2010, 8:20 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:THIS POST IS FOR BONES. =))
Love Ya Brother! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: Wish I could get some back!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 13th, 2010, 8:20 pm