LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by cl15876 » April 11th, 2010, 7:58 pm

EarlJam wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Am watching last night's SNL, hosted by Tina Fey. Man, this show misses her.
Tina Fey. Smart, witty, funny, and great looking. Consider me a fan.

I too watched SNL a few weeks back (it was a new episode) and was shocked at how poor the writing was. Some of it was funny, but overall, like you say, the show really misses Fey.

-EarlJam
I started to watch it, but it didn't outweigh my alternative! ;) It was soooo late and I was sooo tired! So you like TF?, I hear she is running for Prez in the next election!!!! Kind-of-like a ross peroh vote! LOL! ;)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 11th, 2010, 8:03 pm

CathyCA wrote:I read this morning that Dixie Carter died. She was one of my favorite actresses.

Here's a clip from my favorite scene in Designing Women: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz_ZpoYBzaw
I loved that episode and was cheering her on for defending her sister! Watching it again brought literal tears of admiration to my eyes as her lil sis watched and listenedI Those behind the scene moments of setting the record straight brings back memories, even today! I remember it like it was yesterday! I loved that show and she was soo class-AAAA and southern proper which probably was another attraction!!!!! Truth be told... If I had run into her as a single man, she might have been able to cougar me (if I was that lucky, but she probably would have never taken a 2nd glance!), I just always loved her also! :ymblushing:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 11th, 2010, 8:15 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I am re-watching the Duke-Butler game this morning and noticed for the first time that the booing seemed VERY loud during intros for our starting lineup and for Coach K. For those who were there, were the boos really that loud? If so, people like Billy Packer should be really proud that their baseless, vitriolic spewing has taken hold so well.
This was linked on the DBR this morning. Phenomenal. And the best explanation of Duke hate I've ever read.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3765 ... a-duke-fan

An excellent letter...thanks for the link Ozzie!
I concur! Thanks Oz! :-BD
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 11th, 2010, 8:35 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
Rolvix wrote:Duke is awesome.
Get ready for the ride! You are soo correct and make the most of everything! 1 step at a time and remember moderation is your best friend! ;) I am SURE that you WILL SUCCEED!!!!!
He's already been a moderator so he's learned about moderation ...
Very good play!!!! Time will tell... ;)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 11th, 2010, 9:23 pm

I am sooo lonely! NO ONE online and ...., I feel the need to cook! I do that when I am trying to find comfort and peace! I made MY FIRST BBQ this past weekend that caught one on fire (because she was too sensitive and sweet) and several others very happy (so they said!) I brought them a sampling and they wanted to keep the rest of the BBQ because they loved it... I was honored to leave it with them, but now I guess I will eat my Mac-N-Cheese meal! Oh well, I have another pound of pork brisket to prepare and make less spicey!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 11th, 2010, 9:36 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17449158@N ... 710682943/
MoBot pictures with my 60mm macro lens!

I had the white balance setting on my camera set to auto with a smidge of amber. You can REALLY tell it on the orange flowers. I need to remember not to do that next time. The color setting is on vivid, too. I'm really getting dangerous now that I'm learning how to adjust all these settings.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 11th, 2010, 9:47 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I am re-watching the Duke-Butler game this morning and noticed for the first time that the booing seemed VERY loud during intros for our starting lineup and for Coach K. For those who were there, were the boos really that loud? If so, people like Billy Packer should be really proud that their baseless, vitriolic spewing has taken hold so well.
This was linked on the DBR this morning. Phenomenal. And the best explanation of Duke hate I've ever read.
Thanks for the link. What a nice letter. :)
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 11th, 2010, 9:50 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Thanks for the link. What a nice letter. :)
What VDB said. I liked it so much that I followed DukePA's lead and posted the link on my Facebook page. I've put up with a lot of smack talk from people back home who just don't get it. Maybe this article will help them get it. Not holding my breath, though.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 11th, 2010, 9:53 pm

[quote="cl15876"]I am sooo lonely! NO ONE online and ....,

You need a :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 11th, 2010, 9:54 pm

Yummmm! I'm eating strawberry shortcake. :D
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 11th, 2010, 9:56 pm

We enjoyed our visit with CB& B-) this weekend. His dad's retirement party was very nice. To top the whole thing off, we met CB& B-) sister. She's a sweetie.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 11th, 2010, 9:59 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:http://www.flickr.com/photos/17449158@N ... 710682943/

I had the white balance setting on my camera set to auto with a smidge of amber. You can REALLY tell it on the orange flowers. I need to remember not to do that next time. The color setting is on vivid, too. I'm really getting dangerous now that I'm learning how to adjust all these settings.
WOW! Great pictures. And those orange flowers really POP! Love them. :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 11th, 2010, 10:02 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Thanks! I think I may have gone a bit overboard on the orangey red ones. Some of them hurt my eyes. Maybe it's because I took the shots late in the day and the sunlight is making the color more intense.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 11th, 2010, 10:11 pm

Really nice pictures. You must be having a lot of fun with your 60mm marco lens. Please post more when you have them. :-BD
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 11th, 2010, 10:13 pm

Good night all. May we all have a wonderful day tomorrow. (-|
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 11th, 2010, 10:15 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
cl15876 wrote:I am sooo lonely! NO ONE online and ....,

You need a :ymhug:
:ymhug: :D :-*
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 11th, 2010, 10:22 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:

Really nice pictures. You must be having a lot of fun with your 60mm marco lens. Please post more when you have them. :-BD
Thanks VDB! I have a few more from last weekend that I haven't uploaded yet.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 11th, 2010, 11:50 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Thanks! I think I may have gone a bit overboard on the orangey red ones. Some of them hurt my eyes. Maybe it's because I took the shots late in the day and the sunlight is making the color more intense.
Cheryl, your photographs are exquisite! More, more, more!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 12th, 2010, 6:21 am

cl15876 wrote:Didn't we discuss getting together to plunk a few balls at each other? ;) :D
That sounds so dirty if taken out of context. ;) Yes, we did though. However, you fell of the face of the earth on me after that, and then I had toe surgery and my wife broke both her hands. My dad's supposed to have double knee replacement in a few weeks, and I'm moving in with them for 3 weeks to help out. My toe MIGHT be healed enough to do some light tennis after that, if you're still interested. You'll probably have more time on your hands now that your commute has been cut by about 95%, eh? :D

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 12th, 2010, 6:22 am

Good Morning, all. ~O)

Why is my clock on the site off by an hour again? I thought I fixed that a few months ago.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage