LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » April 11th, 2010, 4:34 pm

Don't look now, but Mickelnuts has the lead... and just blew the next drive.

Some things will never change. :ymtongue:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » April 11th, 2010, 4:38 pm

To be fair, Westwood is also in the lead. And Freddy is a couple of strokes behind. And Choi is up there too. And 3 strokes behind is a charging Tiger Woods, at the 10th hole. Woods had lost 3 strokes, and then has caught fire.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 11th, 2010, 4:39 pm

EarlJam wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I am re-watching the Duke-Butler game this morning and noticed for the first time that the booing seemed VERY loud during intros for our starting lineup and for Coach K. For those who were there, were the boos really that loud? If so, people like Billy Packer should be really proud that their baseless, vitriolic spewing has taken hold so well.
This was linked on the DBR this morning. Phenomenal. And the best explanation of Duke hate I've ever read.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3765 ... a-duke-fan
Damn! That is a remarkably well-written piece! Absolutely incredible....and accurate.

-EarlJam
I enjoyed the article, too, but I'm not sure how accurate it is. About halfway down, I read this: "After our 2001 title, Duke won only 7 NCAA games in the next five years, never making it past the Sweet Sixteen." Didn't we go to Final Four in 2004 and lose to UConn? Again, I loved the article, but I think he's wrong there.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 11th, 2010, 4:44 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Mr. and Mrs. VDB joined me tonight at my dad's retirement from Duke tonight, it was a lot of fun. He graduated in '63, then went on to Duke med school and has worked at the hospital ever since. Even though he is now retired from his office, he'll never retire from actually working in some capacity at Duke. Congrats Dad!!!!
Congratulations to Dr. CB&B on your retirement. I hope you enjoy many wonderful years of retirement.

An even bigger congratulations for raising such a remarkable and talented son.

And EJ is right - Hang a Banner!
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 11th, 2010, 4:57 pm

EarlJam wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Mr. and Mrs. VDB joined me tonight at my dad's retirement from Duke tonight, it was a lot of fun. He graduated in '63, then went on to Duke med school and has worked at the hospital ever since. Even though he is now retired from his office, he'll never retire from actually working in some capacity at Duke. Congrats Dad!!!!
Congratulations, Dr. CB&B!

Now, go enjoy your retirement!
Awesome! Congratulations Dr. CB&B!

Yes, enjoy retirement and by all means......HANG A BANNER!

-EarlJam
I passed along y'all's congratulations. I like the banner idea. His idea of retirement is to set up a smaller office next to his old office, same floor, same building. He'll never stop what he's doing. The banner idea is a good one. One of his parting gifts was a min-basketball (like the kind that SI is giving out) signed by Coach K. He had possession of it all of about 5 minutes, and then gave it some lady to take home to West Virginia and show her husband (he's also a Duke fan). He's sure he'll get it back, I told him he's nuts.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » April 11th, 2010, 5:31 pm

Mickelnuts now has sole possession of the lead. Tiger fading fast. Choi pressing the leader.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 11th, 2010, 5:34 pm

Lavabe wrote:Mickelnuts now has sole possession of the lead. Tiger fading fast. Choi pressing the leader.
If he wins, I hope he's been working on his vertical leap.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2010, 5:58 pm

Lavabe wrote:Can't find a link to get the "Z" t-shirt. Do I have prayer? Linky?
Was not available on campus on Wednesday. Further investigation being done.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 11th, 2010, 6:51 pm

CathyCA wrote:
cl15876 wrote:Any of y'all dreaming about me?
Me!
:D :D :D :D :ymhug: :-*
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 11th, 2010, 6:54 pm

robinholleyq wrote:this sort of thread is perfect for me....cause I rarely have anything important to say. :D
I'm sure you'll contribute perfectly! I'll read every un-important word you express! The more the betta! ;) Don't let that guy from up north scare ya!!!! You'll be just fine!!!!! ;) Welcome to the thread that is striving to reach infinity! ... and beyond!!!! ;)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 11th, 2010, 7:22 pm

Rolvix wrote:Duke is awesome.
Get ready for the ride! You are soo correct and make the most of everything! 1 step at a time and remember moderation is your best friend! ;) I am SURE that you WILL SUCCEED!!!!!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 11th, 2010, 7:25 pm

colchar wrote:
EarlJam wrote: Colchar,

Totally apprecitate your post but remember (one slight detail), as of October 18, 2009, we are no longer implementing the ham-razor-alcohol correctional method. So while sanctions and "punishments" still exist, they are not as "unpleasent" as they were before October 18. How is BlueDev4Eternity anyway?

-EarlJam

While you are, of course, correct that we no longer employ that particular method you might have forgotten that we went from that to using sandpaper condoms and iodine lube to punish those who fail to follow the rules.

:angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming:
Not sure about that iodine stuff, but sandpaper is exciting! ;)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 11th, 2010, 7:26 pm

devildeac wrote:
Rolvix wrote:I saw Scheyer and Curry today!

(I was attending Blue Devil Days - a 2-day event designed to "sell" prospective students on Duke [I sure didn't need any "selling"])

And Wojo gave an AMAZING speech to the Blue Devil Days attendees. After showing a video (One Shining Moment edited to show only Duke plays) he talked about looking at Duke through the lenses of a prospective student, a student, and then a teacher/coach. It was by far one of the most convincing and genuine speeches I've heard in a long time. He told us about an essay that he wrote in one of his senior classes about what he wanted to be after college. Wojo said that he wrote about becoming a father and a basketball coach. Three weeks ago he had his second son and on Monday his work was rewarded with a National Championship. Apparently the professor from that class sent him the essay he wrote a decade ago and told him "You may want to show this to your son one day."

I can't imagine how any prospective students could pick ANY place besides Duke after the past two days. Holy cow. The people are INCREDIBLE. Three or four times a random student stopped to talk to me, whether it be to tell me about Springternational going on in the main quad or just telling me they hoped I would decide to attend Duke.

I've already decided that I really want to do the Global Health Focus program in the fall, major in Biology (Pre-med), get a certificate in Global Health, live at the Duke Marine Lab during the fall of my sophomore year, participate in DukeEngage to Haiti the summer after my sophomore year (working with medicine and global health), and study abroad the fall of my junior year.

I realize that none of that is guaranteed... And I can recognize the fact that it may not be possible to do everything I want to do when faced with the ridiculous time constraints that all undergrads deal with... (Only four years for [undergrad] college!? What's up with that??? I'm feeling more like six or eight...)
Great stuff. You should talk with my daughter after this semester is over. Your parents should sell the house and get a second job-both of them-if you think you're gonna need 6-8 years there.
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Robbie, your parents will understand if you don't! =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 11th, 2010, 7:26 pm

cl15876 wrote:
Rolvix wrote:Duke is awesome.
Get ready for the ride! You are soo correct and make the most of everything! 1 step at a time and remember moderation is your best friend! ;) I am SURE that you WILL SUCCEED!!!!!
He's already been a moderator so he's learned about moderation ...
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 11th, 2010, 7:31 pm

EarlJam wrote:I have a match today at 2:00. Physically, I'm in decent tennis shape, but I have not been playing regularly. Skillz-wize, I'm rusty.

-EarlJam
EJ - Good luck! BTW ... Bjornolf - that reminds me! ;) Didn't we discuss getting together to plunk a few balls at each other? ;) :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 11th, 2010, 7:43 pm

DukeUsul wrote:This is gonna look good.
I love IT!!!!!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD I am happy to say that I DID see something in this team at the B/W game and have been maintaining that position since!!!! I saw sooo much potential and am soo proud of this team!!!! GO DUKE!!!! GO DUKE!!!! GO DUKE!!!! GO DUKE!!!! :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 11th, 2010, 7:44 pm

Sue71 wrote:I posted this on DBR, but realized it might be better appreciated here:
On a side note, I mentioned that I think Roxie's time may have passed. I actually don't think she ever really had a time, but I wanted her to, I really did... I think I want her to be a part of me but in reality I'm not sure I can pull it off.

I came to this realization last Friday night, after THE perfect opportunity for Roxie to come out and play completely blew by me without even realizing it until it was too late. Ugh, I'm such a freaking goody two shoes, or at least that's how I felt upon realizing I missed the chance. ::Sigh::
I recognize that jacket! ;) Wishing you'd post more! Welcome back! :-BD
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 11th, 2010, 7:46 pm

windsor wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
windsor wrote:"quote="DukieInKansas""

I want to meet your dogs!"/quote"

If your travels every bring you to Florida holler - I'll bring the whole famn damily to meet you!

hummmmm - I should go visit my brother in Orlando. If I do, I'll let you know. Maybe you know where I can go kayaking with the manatees. I've been wanting to do that for a few years.
You should! The place to kayak with manatees is Crystal River...about an hour north of me...two hours from Orlando (more or less....depending on exactly where in Orlando he is) http://www.manateetoursusa.com/

Crystal River is gorgeous - you'd love it. I was down in the Keys for sport lobster season a few years ago and there were manatees in lagoon behind our rented house. I snorkeled with them and they are totally cool critters.
Archiving that note!!!! I would love to do that also! Maybe a summer weekend adventure! ;)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 11th, 2010, 7:50 pm

devildeac wrote:Why do I want to keep watching this (I promise it's not a rickroll):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGMJnkrAQco

:ymdevil: :D
Because it's an awesome jam???? :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 11th, 2010, 7:54 pm

Congrats to your DAD!!!!! That is SOO cool!!!! He's a GREAT GUY and I look forward to seeing him this fall at the brunchgates! I loved talking with him! I can definitely sense he loves to mentor and has a lot more to offer!!!! The love of what one does never stops!!!!! :-BD :-BD :-BD ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^