LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by EarlJam » April 11th, 2010, 9:13 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Am watching last night's SNL, hosted by Tina Fey. Man, this show misses her.
Tina Fey. Smart, witty, funny, and great looking. Consider me a fan.

I too watched SNL a few weeks back (it was a new episode) and was shocked at how poor the writing was. Some of it was funny, but overall, like you say, the show really misses Fey.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 11th, 2010, 9:28 am

EarlJam wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Am watching last night's SNL, hosted by Tina Fey. Man, this show misses her.
Tina Fey. Smart, witty, funny, and great looking. Consider me a fan.

I too watched SNL a few weeks back (it was a new episode) and was shocked at how poor the writing was. Some of it was funny, but overall, like you say, the show really misses Fey.

-EarlJam
So true. As in many of the show's other down eras, the best part of the show is usually Weekend News Update.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 11th, 2010, 9:47 am

I am re-watching the Duke-Butler game this morning and noticed for the first time that the booing seemed VERY loud during intros for our starting lineup and for Coach K. For those who were there, were the boos really that loud? If so, people like Billy Packer should be really proud that their baseless, vitriolic spewing has taken hold so well.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2010, 10:05 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I am re-watching the Duke-Butler game this morning and noticed for the first time that the booing seemed VERY loud during intros for our starting lineup and for Coach K. For those who were there, were the boos really that loud? If so, people like Billy Packer should be really proud that their baseless, vitriolic spewing has taken hold so well.
It was louder than the Duke cheering but not deafening.
Yes, billy pecker (sic) is indeed a ________. (fill in whatever insult you feel is appropriate)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » April 11th, 2010, 10:11 am

devildeac wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I am re-watching the Duke-Butler game this morning and noticed for the first time that the booing seemed VERY loud during intros for our starting lineup and for Coach K. For those who were there, were the boos really that loud? If so, people like Billy Packer should be really proud that their baseless, vitriolic spewing has taken hold so well.
Yes, billy pecker (sic) is indeed a ________. (fill in whatever insult you feel is appropriate)
Ninny-witted Fuggle Doonger?

-EarlJam
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2010, 10:16 am

EarlJam wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Ninny-witted Fuggle Doonger?

-EarlJam
That would pass the censor test. Oh, wait a minute. Wrong board. :)) =))

I am actually thinking something much more descriptive and profane.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 11th, 2010, 10:48 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Mr. and Mrs. VDB joined me tonight at my dad's retirement from Duke tonight, it was a lot of fun. He graduated in '63, then went on to Duke med school and has worked at the hospital ever since. Even though he is now retired from his office, he'll never retire from actually working in some capacity at Duke. Congrats Dad!!!!
Congratulations, Dr. CB&B!

Now, go enjoy your retirement!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 11th, 2010, 10:50 am

I read this morning that Dixie Carter died. She was one of my favorite actresses.

Here's a clip from my favorite scene in Designing Women: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz_ZpoYBzaw
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 11th, 2010, 11:22 am

Got a little sun-burnt at yesterday's game...part of the hazard of working inside all day I guess. Yes, it doesn't need to be very warm(only in low 60's) just sunny gets the job done.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 11th, 2010, 11:36 am

bjornolf wrote:Well, that's annoying. I made some of my selections for shirts from the Duke store for the championships based on the fact that the website said they had stock. Now it's telling me that 3 of the 4 are on back order, and they're gonna charge me full shipping price for each shipment. That is SO annoying.

%%-
I bought 2 shirts in the Bryan Center yesterday, one with the balls/nets and the dates on each with a big #1 in the center, and the other has the front page of the Chronicle, with a photo of the Scheyer, LT and Zoubek celebrating, and it has the headline Un-FOUR-gettable on it. I hadn't seen it online, and I grabbed it instantly. The have tables all marked by size, and I got mine from the XL table. When I got to VDB's, I put it on and thought it was awfully tight, and realized I had gotten a large. X( . I should have double checked, and they are closed today, so no way to return it. VDB is going to keep it and get me an XL. Thanks, Nancy!! :ymhug:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 11th, 2010, 11:39 am

This was linked on the DBR this morning. Phenomenal. And the best explanation of Duke hate I've ever read.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3765 ... a-duke-fan
Last edited by OZZIE4DUKE on April 11th, 2010, 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Forgot to include the link!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 11th, 2010, 12:21 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
This was linked on the DBR this morning. Phenomenal. And the best explanation of Duke hate I've ever read.

An excellent letter...thanks for the link Ozzie!
Last edited by OZZIE4DUKE on April 11th, 2010, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I corrected the typo in my post, and in your copy of my post!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 11th, 2010, 1:21 pm

CathyCA wrote:I read this morning that Dixie Carter died. She was one of my favorite actresses.

Here's a clip from my favorite scene in Designing Women: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz_ZpoYBzaw
A true classic! RIP Dixie Carter. I loved Designing Women.
-- Albert Einstein
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 11th, 2010, 2:18 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Mr. and Mrs. VDB joined me tonight at my dad's retirement from Duke tonight, it was a lot of fun. He graduated in '63, then went on to Duke med school and has worked at the hospital ever since. Even though he is now retired from his office, he'll never retire from actually working in some capacity at Duke. Congrats Dad!!!!
Congratulations, Dr. Wagner!!!!
I worship the Blue Devil!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 11th, 2010, 2:20 pm

bjornolf wrote:Well, that's annoying. I made some of my selections for shirts from the Duke store for the championships based on the fact that the website said they had stock. Now it's telling me that 3 of the 4 are on back order, and they're gonna charge me full shipping price for each shipment. That is SO annoying.

%%-
Isn't there a number on the website you can call? If so, try that. You may get the offer by talking to a human than trying to do it on the internet. Just a thought.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 11th, 2010, 2:26 pm

CathyCA wrote:I read this morning that Dixie Carter died. She was one of my favorite actresses.

It is a sad day. She was a wonderful actress. I loved her in Designing Women. Thank you for the link, Cathy.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » April 11th, 2010, 2:49 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Congratulations, Dr. CB&B!

Now, go enjoy your retirement!
Awesome! Congratulations Dr. CB&B!

Yes, enjoy retirement and by all means......HANG A BANNER!

-EarlJam
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 11th, 2010, 2:50 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:

%%-
I bought 2 shirts in the Bryan Center yesterday, one with the balls/nets and the dates on each with a big #1 in the center, and the other has the front page of the Chronicle, with a photo of the Scheyer, LT and Zoubek celebrating, and it has the headline Un-FOUR-gettable on it. I hadn't seen it online, and I grabbed it instantly. The have tables all marked by size, and I got mine from the XL table. When I got to VDB's, I put it on and thought it was awfully tight, and realized I had gotten a large. X( . I should have double checked, and they are closed today, so no way to return it. VDB is going to keep it and get me an XL. Thanks, Nancy!! :ymhug:
Your welcome. :)
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » April 11th, 2010, 3:01 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Damn! That is a remarkably well-written piece! Absolutely incredible....and accurate.

-EarlJam
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 11th, 2010, 4:33 pm

Can't find a link to get the "Z" t-shirt. Do I have prayer? Linky?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.