http://digg.com/dialogg/Grant_Hill_1
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 9th, 2010, 6:43 pm

knights68 wrote:"Digg" it!
Interview with Grant Hill

http://digg.com/dialogg/Grant_Hill_1

p.s. sneaky marketing bastards changed the name to "honey smacks".
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 9th, 2010, 7:00 pm

Windsor - we could have used Wizard around our office building last night and this morning. For your chuckling pleasure, I give you the Great Squirrel Chase of 2010:

We have already had the Great Termite Infestation of 2010. Now we are into the Great Squirrel Chase of 2010. Last night I noticed that there was a squirrel in the vending/mail room. I saw him climb off the table and run under the vending machines. I offered to show him the way out but he (she?) didn't take me up on it. The custodian said they noticed blood on the windows in there so I figured it was a dead squirrel. I arrived this am to find the east door of the building propped open and Ron, the maintenance guy, sitting in a chair outside the vending/mail room. Apparently he saw the tail sticking out from under the Pepsi machine. After propping doors open to the outdoors, he attempted to chase the squirrel out with a broom. The squirrel left that room, ran partway down the hall, and promptly took up residence in the water fountain. Periodically, we are hearing air horns, banging, etc. as they try to encourage the squirrel to leave the building. A shout went up a little while ago as the squirrel left the fountain, made a break for the east door, reached the window next to the door, circled back, and returned to the water fountain. I believe they are going to try compressed air next.

I guess the squirrel's name is not Elvis as he hasn't left the building. I'll keep you posted.
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 9th, 2010, 7:10 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:AARRGGHHH!!!!!!!!
Last week I bought some little rinky dinky stock at .23 a share, and I got 435 shares. I hoped it would go up a bit, then if I was lucky I'd make about 30 bucks and go buy some other rinky dink stock. ($30 sounds puny, but it adds up and worked out well last year as a strategy). Anyways...rinky dink stock (RPC) skyrocketed yesterday and I sold at .73 and I made a couple hundred bucks, so I was pretty happy. I figured I'd get out before everyone sold. That bastard stock has gone up to over $2 today (although it's back down to about 1.60). IF I had not bugged out, and sold even at where it is now, I would made over $600. X(
Still, it seems like everytime I DO hold on in case it climbs, I get shafted and it drops back to my original price or lower. Oh well...time to go find rinky dink stock of the week for next week.
Yet another reason I don't go over yonder... at least over here, you can talk about gambling, err... investing. :twocents: :-BD ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 9th, 2010, 7:21 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Windsor - we could have used Wizard around our office building last night and this morning. For your chuckling pleasure, I give you the Great Squirrel Chase of 2010:

We have already had the Great Termite Infestation of 2010. Now we are into the Great Squirrel Chase of 2010. Last night I noticed that there was a squirrel in the vending/mail room. I saw him climb off the table and run under the vending machines. I offered to show him the way out but he (she?) didn't take me up on it. The custodian said they noticed blood on the windows in there so I figured it was a dead squirrel. I arrived this am to find the east door of the building propped open and Ron, the maintenance guy, sitting in a chair outside the vending/mail room. Apparently he saw the tail sticking out from under the Pepsi machine. After propping doors open to the outdoors, he attempted to chase the squirrel out with a broom. The squirrel left that room, ran partway down the hall, and promptly took up residence in the water fountain. Periodically, we are hearing air horns, banging, etc. as they try to encourage the squirrel to leave the building. A shout went up a little while ago as the squirrel left the fountain, made a break for the east door, reached the window next to the door, circled back, and returned to the water fountain. I believe they are going to try compressed air next.

I guess the squirrel's name is not Elvis as he hasn't left the building. I'll keep you posted.
That's funny! I will send Wizard over. The squirrel will not suffer. The last one he got was running along the fence line (six foot privacy fence) Wizard was sitting still right next to the fence...and in one move he went straight up, snapped the squirrel off the fence, shook his head twice hard and by the time his paws hit the ground the squirrel was already taking up residence at that great big oak tree in the sky. I've seen him run them down in yard....knock them off the fence...he's a four pawed squirrel exterminating machine. Dylan the poodle doesn't both with squirrels... he did however single handedly kill a coyote that wandered into my yard. No joke.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 9th, 2010, 7:53 pm

windsor wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Windsor - we could have used Wizard around our office building last night and this morning. For your chuckling pleasure, I give you the Great Squirrel Chase of 2010:

That's funny! I will send Wizard over. The squirrel will not suffer. The last one he got was running along the fence line (six foot privacy fence) Wizard was sitting still right next to the fence...and in one move he went straight up, snapped the squirrel off the fence, shook his head twice hard and by the time his paws hit the ground the squirrel was already taking up residence at that great big oak tree in the sky. I've seen him run them down in yard....knock them off the fence...he's a four pawed squirrel exterminating machine. Dylan the poodle doesn't both with squirrels... he did however single handedly kill a coyote that wandered into my yard. No joke.
I want to meet your dogs!
Life is good!
robinholleyq
I don't know what PWing is.
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by robinholleyq » April 9th, 2010, 8:17 pm

this sort of thread is perfect for me....cause I rarely have anything important to say. :D
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 9th, 2010, 8:17 pm

robinholleyq wrote:this sort of thread is perfect for me....cause I rarely have anything important to say. :D
Welcome!!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 9th, 2010, 8:18 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
robinholleyq wrote:this sort of thread is perfect for me....cause I rarely have anything important to say. :D
Welcome!! Don't try to read it in one sitting. =))
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 9th, 2010, 8:45 pm

Welcome.

But we have one rule here. Since we want people to be up to speed and don't want things that have already been discussed being repeated, you must read LTE 2.0 in its entirety before you are allowed to post anything else in the thread. Failure to read the entire thread will lead to immediate sanctions. And they will not be pleasant. No Sir, they will not.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 9th, 2010, 8:49 pm

colchar wrote: Failure to read the entire thread will lead to immediate sanctions. And they will not be pleasant. No Sir, they will not.
Aww shit. I feel like a drug dealing pimp who just stepped on a baby about to go to confession. :twitch:
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » April 9th, 2010, 8:51 pm

colchar wrote:

Welcome.

But we have one rule here. Since we want people to be up to speed and don't want things that have already been discussed being repeated, you must read LTE 2.0 in its entirety before you are allowed to post anything else in the thread. Failure to read the entire thread will lead to immediate sanctions. And they will not be pleasant. No Sir, they will not.
Colchar,

Totally apprecitate your post but remember (one slight detail), as of October 18, 2009, we are no longer implementing the ham-razor-alcohol correctional method. So while sanctions and "punishments" still exist, they are not as "unpleasent" as they were before October 18. How is BlueDev4Eternity anyway?

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 9th, 2010, 10:01 pm

:character-beavisbutthead: :confusion-questionmarks: :confusion-scratchheadblue: :confusion-scratchheadyellow: :confusion-seeingstars: :text-givemebeer: :violence-hammer: Mind boggling, way out pwing. Great!!!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 9th, 2010, 10:22 pm

cl15876 wrote:Any of y'all dreaming about me?
Me!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 9th, 2010, 11:44 pm

Hey Turk!
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » April 10th, 2010, 12:43 am

I saw Scheyer and Curry today!

(I was attending Blue Devil Days - a 2-day event designed to "sell" prospective students on Duke [I sure didn't need any "selling"])

And Wojo gave an AMAZING speech to the Blue Devil Days attendees. After showing a video (One Shining Moment edited to show only Duke plays) he talked about looking at Duke through the lenses of a prospective student, a student, and then a teacher/coach. It was by far one of the most convincing and genuine speeches I've heard in a long time. He told us about an essay that he wrote in one of his senior classes about what he wanted to be after college. Wojo said that he wrote about becoming a father and a basketball coach. Three weeks ago he had his second son and on Monday his work was rewarded with a National Championship. Apparently the professor from that class sent him the essay he wrote a decade ago and told him "You may want to show this to your son one day."

I can't imagine how any prospective students could pick ANY place besides Duke after the past two days. Holy cow. The people are INCREDIBLE. Three or four times a random student stopped to talk to me, whether it be to tell me about Springternational going on in the main quad or just telling me they hoped I would decide to attend Duke.

I've already decided that I really want to do the Global Health Focus program in the fall, major in Biology (Pre-med), get a certificate in Global Health, live at the Duke Marine Lab during the fall of my sophomore year, participate in DukeEngage to Haiti the summer after my sophomore year (working with medicine and global health), and study abroad the fall of my junior year.

I realize that none of that is guaranteed... And I can recognize the fact that it may not be possible to do everything I want to do when faced with the ridiculous time constraints that all undergrads deal with... (Only four years for [undergrad] college!? What's up with that??? I'm feeling more like six or eight...)
Class of 2014
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » April 10th, 2010, 12:43 am

Duke is awesome.
Class of 2014
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 10th, 2010, 12:56 am

Rolvix wrote:I saw Scheyer and Curry today!

(I was attending Blue Devil Days - a 2-day event designed to "sell" prospective students on Duke [I sure didn't need any "selling"])

And Wojo gave an AMAZING speech to the Blue Devil Days attendees. After showing a video (One Shining Moment edited to show only Duke plays) he talked about looking at Duke through the lenses of a prospective student, a student, and then a teacher/coach. It was by far one of the most convincing and genuine speeches I've heard in a long time. He told us about an essay that he wrote in one of his senior classes about what he wanted to be after college. Wojo said that he wrote about becoming a father and a basketball coach. Three weeks ago he had his second son and on Monday his work was rewarded with a National Championship. Apparently the professor from that class sent him the essay he wrote a decade ago and told him "You may want to show this to your son one day."

I can't imagine how any prospective students could pick ANY place besides Duke after the past two days. Holy cow. The people are INCREDIBLE. Three or four times a random student stopped to talk to me, whether it be to tell me about Springternational going on in the main quad or just telling me they hoped I would decide to attend Duke.

I've already decided that I really want to do the Global Health Focus program in the fall, major in Biology (Pre-med), get a certificate in Global Health, live at the Duke Marine Lab during the fall of my sophomore year, participate in DukeEngage to Haiti the summer after my sophomore year (working with medicine and global health), and study abroad the fall of my junior year.

I realize that none of that is guaranteed... And I can recognize the fact that it may not be possible to do everything I want to do when faced with the ridiculous time constraints that all undergrads deal with... (Only four years for [undergrad] college!? What's up with that??? I'm feeling more like six or eight...)
Robbie, I'm so glad you had a good time at Blue Devil Days.

I would like for undergrad to last for 40 or 50 years. You will have the time of your life at Duke! I look forward to following your Duke career--whether through written reports here on CTN, or from personal reports proudly delivered by your grandparents.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 10th, 2010, 2:35 am

EarlJam wrote: Colchar,

Totally apprecitate your post but remember (one slight detail), as of October 18, 2009, we are no longer implementing the ham-razor-alcohol correctional method. So while sanctions and "punishments" still exist, they are not as "unpleasent" as they were before October 18. How is BlueDev4Eternity anyway?

-EarlJam

While you are, of course, correct that we no longer employ that particular method you might have forgotten that we went from that to using sandpaper condoms and iodine lube to punish those who fail to follow the rules.

:angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming:
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 10th, 2010, 6:57 am

Went to my first Reds game last night. It was unseasonably cool, in the 40's. Reds hadn't been doing anything all night so after the top of the 8th, we decided to check out the concourse and go. Well, what happens? The Cubs put in a relief pitcher and a couple walks and a bunt single later, Drew Stubbs is up with a chance to change the game. He hit a grand slam. That'll teach me to leave early.