LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by cl15876 » April 7th, 2010, 12:23 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I just entered my first photo contest. Creve Coeur Camera has a 'Coming of Spring' photo contest (deadline 5 p.m. tomorrow), so I just uploaded my entry. I spent much of Saturday taking pictures with my new lenses, literally crawling on the ground to get close-ups of flowers and bugs with my 60 mm macro lens. I'll get the rest of the shots uploaded sometime within the next few days. I don't expect to win anything, although a gift certificate would be nice.
Please don't tell me that your pic is of a close up of MONSTERS .vs. ALIENS on HDTV???? Where is your entry girl? :-o :-o :-o :-o
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 7th, 2010, 12:24 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I just entered my first photo contest. Creve Coeur Camera has a 'Coming of Spring' photo contest (deadline 5 p.m. tomorrow), so I just uploaded my entry. I spent much of Saturday taking pictures with my new lenses, literally crawling on the ground to get close-ups of flowers and bugs with my 60 mm macro lens. I'll get the rest of the shots uploaded sometime within the next few days. I don't expect to win anything, although a gift certificate would be nice.
Good luck! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 7th, 2010, 12:25 am

cl15876 wrote:
Please don't tell me that your pic is of a close up of MONSTERS .vs. ALIENS on HDTV???? Where is your entry girl? :-o :-o :-o :-o
ALSO sending :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: for your success!!!!!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 7th, 2010, 5:38 am

Good luck with the contest. Hope you win.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 7th, 2010, 5:39 am

Good morning. ~O)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 7th, 2010, 5:43 am

This morning would have been good if I had slept to a decent hour. i-) This is ridicules. I woke up @ 5:00. Usually I can go back to sleep when I wake up early. Not today. :(
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 7th, 2010, 7:24 am

Sending contest winning vibes! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 7th, 2010, 7:38 am

I went to bed too late...
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 7th, 2010, 7:42 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I went to bed too late...
I did too, considering the time I got to bed Tuesday morning. I think a lot of us had the same problem getting to bed last night. Ozzie was posting after 3:00 am this morning. Hoping tonight is different.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 7th, 2010, 8:06 am

Good Morning, everyone! ~O)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 7th, 2010, 8:07 am

I'm trying to decide which shirt to get. What did y'all get? I'm just not a big fan of the one with the fake net on it.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 7th, 2010, 8:14 am

bjornolf wrote:I'm trying to decide which shirt to get. What did y'all get? I'm just not a big fan of the one with the fake net on it.

%%-
I liked the big net when I saw it on TV...but when at looked at it online...not so much. Those are the generic we put both teams logo on some but make everything else neutral shirts....I think I want something that says DUKE and CHAMPIONS in large letters :D

I also intend to take the spoils of victory (I won the office pool) and splurge on a piece of Cameron floor...so when I'm in front of the TV slapping the floor I can slap a piece of the real thing :D :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 7th, 2010, 8:16 am

bjornolf wrote:I'm trying to decide which shirt to get. What did y'all get? I'm just not a big fan of the one with the fake net on it.

%%-
I'm going to decide when I get to Durham this weekend. I'm sure there will be a nice selection to choose from. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 7th, 2010, 8:21 am

It's kinda hard to tell from the little pics online too. Let me know which you like in person, CB&B.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 7th, 2010, 8:24 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:

%%-
I'm going to decide when I get to Durham this weekend. I'm sure there will be a nice selection to choose from. :D
I was at the Bryan Center yesterday and picked up t-shirts for K68 and I, we got the fake net ones.

There was a variety of shirts in gray, white, blue, and black. And, it was very well organized. There were huge signs with sizes hanging from the ceiling and tables below the signs with the shirts. You'd think they had done this before. ;) ;)
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 7th, 2010, 9:11 am

TillyGalore wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:

%%-
I was at the Bryan Center yesterday and picked up t-shirts for K68 and I, we got the fake net ones.

There was a variety of shirts in gray, white, blue, and black. And, it was very well organized. There were huge signs with sizes hanging from the ceiling and tables below the signs with the shirts. You'd think they had done this before. ;) ;)
Same display in the Hall of Honor at Cameron. I bought two shirts. First one is Duke Blue with Duke - 2010 National Champions and a big basketball on it, the second, in white, with Duke Blue lettering saying "Duke NCAA National Champions" and four small orange basketballs with nets hung over them and inside each basketball the numbers "91, 92, 01, 10", one number in each ball. They had this shirt in each color, but I liked the white one the best. I also got this shirt for my daughter! I had a similar shirt nine years ago with only three basketballs on it!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 7th, 2010, 9:13 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Same display in the Hall of Honor* at Cameron.
* Not to be confused with Tilly, who has her own special honor :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 7th, 2010, 10:10 am

I want Nike to offer a shirt with this: http://blogs.thescore.com/branded/2010/ ... -restored/

Nike had that logo up on their website yesterday. Now it is gone but the story remains: http://inside.nike.com/blogs/nikebasket ... university
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 7th, 2010, 11:21 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Same display in the Hall of Honor* at Cameron.
* Not to be confused with Tilly, who has her own special honor :D
Tilly has her own Hall of Honor. ;) ;)
I worship the Blue Devil!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 7th, 2010, 11:36 am

TillyGalore wrote:You'd think they had done this before. ;) ;)

Or that they are practicing for when they have to do it again ;)
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------