LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » February 27th, 2010, 11:05 pm

Chile got hit by a freakin' 8.8 earthquake. Amazing.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 27th, 2010, 11:09 pm

Lavabe wrote:Chile got hit by a freakin' 8.8 earthquake. Amazing.
The aftershock will be worse. It's called the post-Haiti shaft.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » February 28th, 2010, 12:58 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:To those who don't know..I set up a crazietalk.net FB page today. So you can be a fan and upload any of your photos to it. It's also possible we will be getting brand new faces from it, some folks have become fans that I have no idea who they are, and don't have any mutual friends. I think that rocks.
That is cool! I invited 107 Duke fans to the FB page today. I guess we're getting other hits because my folks would have shown up as my friends. Neat!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 28th, 2010, 5:20 am

Good Morning, all! ~O)

I'll definitely be watching some hockey today! :D

Go USA! I don't think they'll win this one, but I'll be pulling for them. We'll see if Canada cracks under the pressure. Should be interesting. If Miller plays the way he has been, they at least have a shot. I just hope they keep it close and have a chance at the end. I'd hate to see a blowout after all the good work they've done this year.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 28th, 2010, 5:58 am

Oh, and I forgot. Dahntay Jones made the top 10 with an alley oop throwdown this morning!

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » February 28th, 2010, 6:19 am

bjornolf wrote: I don't think they'll win this one,
I'm not sure why you say this, they handled them in the prelims and while skating on home ice, Canada let Slovakia back in at the end. I don't think the mental toughness of the Canadian team is where it needs to be.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 28th, 2010, 9:09 am

bjornolf wrote:Good Morning, all! ~O)

Go USA! I don't think they'll win this one, but I'll be pulling for them. We'll see if Canada cracks under the pressure. Should be interesting. If Miller plays the way he has been, they at least have a shot. I just hope they keep it close and have a chance at the end. I'd hate to see a blowout after all the good work they've done this year.

%%-
I'm, of course pulling for USA. I hate our Duke ladies game is about the same time. Guess I'll flip back and forth. GO DUKE!! GO USA!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 28th, 2010, 10:44 am

Amazing. There are 2 registered users on CTN now with YahooBot being the other one. WTH?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » February 28th, 2010, 11:17 am

2 users and 2 guests
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 28th, 2010, 11:24 am

%%-
Arrggh...very tough call today..the women finish the regular season against the holes at 3.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 28th, 2010, 11:25 am

Very Duke Blue wrote: I'm, of course pulling for USA. I hate our Duke ladies game is about the same time. Guess I'll flip back and forth. GO DUKE!! GO USA!
I'lll be doing the same. I hope one turns into a blowout so I can focus on the other.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 28th, 2010, 11:27 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
bjornolf wrote: I don't think they'll win this one,
I'm not sure why you say this, they handled them in the prelims and while skating on home ice, Canada let Slovakia back in at the end. I don't think the mental toughness of the Canadian team is where it needs to be.

Go watch the preliminary round game again. Canada dominated much of the game and outshot the American by a huge margin. Brodeur, rather uncharacteristically, made a couple of bonehead plays that cost us the goals that made the difference. Brodeur isn't in net today so that problem is fixed. Miller also stole the game for the US but can he keep that up against the kind of sustained pressure he is likely to face today? Slovakia getting back into it at the end of the game wasn't that big a deal - they are an extremely good hockey team and Canada just relaxed a bit too much in the final five minutes - and even then they still won didn't they? Canada also completely dominated the Russians to the point that the game wasn't even close (the final score flattered the Russians and wasn't indicative of the play in the game). I've said it before (in the Olympics thread) and I'll say it again here - if Canada plays the way they did against the Russians then the US are in deep shit and no amount of heroics from Miller will be able to save them. If Canada plays like they did in the preliminary round it will be a good game (with our goalie change the mistakes that led to American goals will be nullified). If Canada plays like they did against the Slovaks it will be a good game. But if Canada plays like they did against the Russians y'all are fucked.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 28th, 2010, 11:31 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:To those who don't know..I set up a crazietalk.net FB page today. So you can be a fan and upload any of your photos to it. It's also possible we will be getting brand new faces from it, some folks have become fans that I have no idea who they are, and don't have any mutual friends. I think that rocks.

Where do I find it? Can you send an invite?

ETA: Even when I try to get to the page by following the link from someone else's Facebook page (eg. Earljam's) I just end up back at my homepage. No idea why that is happening.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 28th, 2010, 12:17 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote: I'm, of course pulling for USA. I hate our Duke ladies game is about the same time. Guess I'll flip back and forth. GO DUKE!! GO USA!
I'll be doing the same. I hope one turns into a blowout so I can focus on the other.
My viewing patterns will be as follows:
:ymdevil: **== :ymdevil: **== :ymdevil: **== :ymdevil: **== :ymdevil: **==
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » February 28th, 2010, 12:40 pm

wilson wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
I'll be doing the same. I hope one turns into a blowout so I can focus on the other.
My viewing patterns will be as follows:
:ymdevil: **== :ymdevil: **== :ymdevil: **== :ymdevil: **== :ymdevil: **==
Meh, I predict total domination by the U.S. team.

If we don't win by 8 goals I will be thoroughly disappointed.
Class of 2014
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » February 28th, 2010, 12:57 pm

Rolvix wrote: :ymdevil: **== :ymdevil: **== :ymdevil: **== :ymdevil: **== :ymdevil: **==
Meh, I predict total domination by the U.S. team.

If we don't win by 8 goals I will be thoroughly disappointed.
I heard a Weather Channel reporter say he ran into someone outside of the Canadian stadim selling four tickets for $100,000 U.S. dollars. Dayyymn!

I also heard on ESPN that many Canadians were calling this the biggest hockey game ever!

Wow. I know that with its fairly recent Stanley Cup, the state of North Carolina is generally considered the center of the Hockey universe, but I'm beginning to think Canada may be even more passionate about the game than Carolinians.

I'm off to the store to get a hockey book so I can learn the basic rules before the first pitch this afternoon! I plan to watch both halves of the hockey thingy, flipping between Duke women's hoops!

-EarlJam

P.S. last two sentences - kidding; first two - not kidding.
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » February 28th, 2010, 1:06 pm

%%-
The moderator whose name rhymes with Crumbo would have this post deleted. The reason? BLATENT JINGOISM!

Well, that's there. This is here.

God Bless America; Go USA!; The above is what so proudly we hail!
**== **== **== **== **== :ymcowboy: :burger: :burger: :pizza: :pepsi: :pickle: :usa: :usa: :angry-screaming: :bears:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 28th, 2010, 1:10 pm

EarlJam wrote: :pepsi:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 28th, 2010, 1:19 pm

wilson wrote:
I'll let you give EJ the flag because of his Atlanta ties...however, he also has NC ties, and as everyone knows, Pepsi rules in NC. You should only give him half a flag. Maybe use Cuba's. :D
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » February 28th, 2010, 2:09 pm

wilson wrote:
Awsome. Lol! And I stand corrected. :-o

-EarlJam