Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Rolvix » February 22nd, 2010, 4:27 pm

cl15876 wrote:
Rolvix wrote:GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!
What kind did you get? I am not sure that I've tasted a girl scout cookie that I would turn away! They are the best!!!! ;)
I think we got one box of each.
Class of 2014
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 22nd, 2010, 5:40 pm

cl15876 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
How utterly disappointing... I hope at least you got some thin mints.
I can't wait to be a fly on the wall when grandpa has this talk with grand-daughter! ;) :-? :-? :-? :-ss :-ss :-ss :-ss @-) @-) @-) @-) @-)
Big difference between how you, well I, would talk to a boy and to a girl. And I'll let the girl's parents have "the talk" with their daughter - they have far higher morals than I ever did!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 22nd, 2010, 7:09 pm

Schadenfreude.

I'm listening to the Roy Williams show on the radio while I'm waiting for Christian at Boy Scouts.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 22nd, 2010, 7:37 pm

Roy Williams: ". . . after we played last Wednesday against ever-who-it-was."

Woody Durham: "Coach, you played last Tuesday."

And for the record, you LOST to Georgia Tech by 17. It was the third worst margin of defeat you've ever suffered at UNC.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » February 22nd, 2010, 7:41 pm

CathyCA wrote:Schadenfreude. ...
One of those big words, but I like it! :-BD ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » February 22nd, 2010, 7:42 pm

CathyCA wrote:Roy Williams: ". . . after we played last Wednesday against ever-who-it-was."

Woody Durham: "Coach, you played last Tuesday."

And for the record, you LOST to Georgia Tech by 17. It was the third worst margin of defeat you've ever suffered at UNC.
OUCH, called out on HIS OWN SHOW....!!!!! Me: =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Roy: #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 22nd, 2010, 7:46 pm

You're just discovering them now?!? Were you raised in the wilderness or something?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » February 22nd, 2010, 7:47 pm

colchar wrote:

You're just discovering them now?!? Were you raised in the wilderness or something?
=)) =)) =)) =)) =))
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 22nd, 2010, 7:47 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Um, Rolvix, see my previous post and compare that to Girl Scout Cookies! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:

In my opinion, some of their chocolate ones are comparable.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 22nd, 2010, 7:50 pm

Roy Williams: "Duke is having a fantastic year, and they deserve their #5 ranking."

(I know, I couldn't believe he said it, either!)

~ James Naismith
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 22nd, 2010, 7:52 pm

cl15876 wrote:
Colchar ????? Don't encourage Grandpa! :-o :-o :-o :-o

Credit where credit is due.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 22nd, 2010, 7:53 pm

cl15876 wrote:
Wilson, :-o :-o :-o , let this young, wholesome, christian young man not be tainted by the ways of others..... OMG !!!!!! %-( %-( %-( Roladex, you have and will be presented with many temptations and encouragement to do things you typically wouldn't do or thought of doing.... think about your decisions now as they will shape your character later! Not a sermon, .... but you have everything in front of you, make the most of it!!!! :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Make the most of it?!? I could so take that in another direction...
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 22nd, 2010, 10:00 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Just finished marathon 3 hour session on TurboTax's site filing. Bleah. Our return is lots smaller than last year, but will still help pay some bills. This is the first year I claimed income as an artist, I figure it's a good thing to get into a habit of doing. They flagged me for audit chances because my business expenses were more than my income. I give that a big fat "DUH!" It takes money to make money, but it takes even more money to create art. Oh well...I have reciepts.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 22nd, 2010, 11:08 pm

Not sure if I told y'all this, but you may remember the in-progress film about pickup soccer that one of my fraternity brothers from Duke has been working on for about two years now. Well, it's done, and it's premiering in a couple of weeks at the SXSW ("south by southwest") Film Festival in Austin, TX. This is among the biggest film festivals in the country, alongside Sundance and the TriBeCa Film Festival. It happens to fall over my spring break (and ACC Tournament weekend), and I happen to have another close friend from Duke who grew up near Austin, and whose family owns two homes there. I bought my ticket today, and a whole crew of my friends are all going. It's gonna be really cool.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 23rd, 2010, 4:54 am

Good morning, y'all! ~O)

Sounds cool, Wilson! :Pirate:

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 23rd, 2010, 6:58 am

Good morning to you, bjornolf!! ~O)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 23rd, 2010, 8:12 am

wilson wrote:Not sure if I told y'all this, but you may remember the in-progress film about pickup soccer that one of my fraternity brothers from Duke has been working on for about two years now. Well, it's done, and it's premiering in a couple of weeks at the SXSW ("south by southwest") Film Festival in Austin, TX. This is among the biggest film festivals in the country, alongside Sundance and the TriBeCa Film Festival. It happens to fall over my spring break (and ACC Tournament weekend), and I happen to have another close friend from Duke who grew up near Austin, and whose family owns two homes there. I bought my ticket today, and a whole crew of my friends are all going. It's gonna be really cool.
Is SXSW a multi-arts festival? I dind't know they had film, I just knew they had a million bands playing (most unsigned, with lots of surprise shows by big name acts). I would love to go one year, it would be music overload.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 23rd, 2010, 9:07 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Is SXSW a multi-arts festival? I dind't know they had film, I just knew they had a million bands playing (most unsigned, with lots of surprise shows by big name acts). I would love to go one year, it would be music overload.
SXSW is indeed a multi-medium festival. The film festival precedes the music festival (so we'll miss the best tunes), and there's also a technology/design something-or-other component.
On top of all of this, Austin is a great town, and we'll be watching one of our best friends make a veritable burst onto the scene. Very, very exciting.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 23rd, 2010, 4:54 pm

One of the worst days ever, among the worst weeks and months ever also. :(
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 23rd, 2010, 4:57 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:One of the worst days ever, among the worst weeks and months ever also. :(
:Boo:
Hope tomorrow's better for you!