LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by wilson » February 9th, 2010, 11:12 am

Vibes to all bracing for yet another wallop of snow. Stay warm and stay off the road.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 9th, 2010, 11:13 am

Have I mentioned that I love my job?
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 9th, 2010, 11:24 am

bjornolf wrote:
colchar wrote: ETA: We average 97cm of snow by this point each winter but have only had 47cm so far this year. Last year we had 200cm by this point in the season so, by comparison, we've had virtually no snow at all thus far. Again, I hope I am not jinxing this.

We have 54" so far this winter, or just under 140 cm. We're supposed to get another 10-15" today, which would put us in the 170 cm range, with another storm supposedly coming next Monday. For a place that DOESN'T get a lot of snow, at least compared to others, we don't have the equipment to deal with this. It's a disaster.

%%-

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're welcome to it. I've dealt with enough snow to last me a lifetime and I am rather enjoying the fact that we're getting almost none this year. Then again, I might have jinxed things as we are supposed to get hit tonight - but we're only supposed to get 10-15cm so that isn't really that big a deal.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 9th, 2010, 11:26 am

Lavabe wrote:3" so far in Lexington.
School's closed.

We'd have to get at least 8-10" before they even thought about closing schools. Maybe they can plow your snow and truck it up to Vancouver for the Olympics. God knows they need it up there (I still cannot understand how Vancouver with its climate was awarded the winter Olympics).
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 9th, 2010, 12:21 pm

colchar wrote:
School's closed.

We'd have to get at least 8-10" before they even thought about closing schools. Maybe they can plow your snow and truck it up to Vancouver for the Olympics. God knows they need it up there (I still cannot understand how Vancouver with its climate was awarded the winter Olympics).
I heard on the radio that they're trucking snow into Vancouver.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 9th, 2010, 12:21 pm

bjornolf wrote:
colchar wrote:
School's closed.

I heard on the radio that they're trucking snow into Vancouver. I say they're welcome to come get ours. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 9th, 2010, 12:50 pm

bjornolf wrote:
colchar wrote:
School's closed.

I heard on the radio that they're trucking snow into Vancouver.

%%-

They are carrying some in using helicopters for a couple of the ski hills. Other ski hills (further north) are supposedly ok.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 9th, 2010, 2:12 pm

I just rinsed a ramekin.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 9th, 2010, 2:34 pm

wilson wrote:I just rinsed a ramekin.
I think all you people experiencing real winters outta play hockey with ramekins. Let your porch table freeze over, and call it a ramekin rink.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 9th, 2010, 3:51 pm

wilson wrote:Vibes to all bracing for yet another wallop of snow. Stay warm and stay off the road.
Same as Wilson. :ymhug:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 9th, 2010, 6:32 pm

Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » February 9th, 2010, 7:42 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:"Bizzard" is forecast for Boone and the surrounding areas tonight and tomorrow, with low temps in the low teens. Brrrrr. http://www.booneweather.com/Forecast/Boone
Adding to my post count and the above discussion, from the link
Folks who don't actually read the forecast but talk about it anyway will be naysayers about sunset today; then will become believers again Wednesday. Behind the front this evening, sharply colder air (rivaling the coldest of the season thus far) will arrive on gusty NW winds. Later tonight, Wednesday, and early morning Thursday, expect snow and blowing snow with blizzard conditions at times. Temperatures will be bitterly cold (low single digits up to and 10° to 15° in valleys) by Wednesday morning. Winds will be brutal gusting to 55 mph during the daytime Wednesday and to 70 mph Wednesday night. Gusty winds will continue well into Thursday. Winds chills on mountaintops will be below -30° and below -10° in valleys.
Ozzie, you are a quiet PW! I know you post a lot, but I usually think of DD when I think PW :D
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 9th, 2010, 7:56 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
That was the Senior Class song when I graduated. It was actually the 2nd class song. For some reason, the administration didn't like the first choice - Cat Scratch Fever. Go figure!
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 9th, 2010, 8:17 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
=)) [-( =)) =)) Did the :ymdevil: make you do it? :)) :)) :D
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » February 9th, 2010, 11:14 pm

Too many all day meeetings to schedule anything...
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 10th, 2010, 4:51 am

Good Morning, all. ~O)

Great vid, CB&B. I love all the muppet ones.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Miles

Post by Miles » February 10th, 2010, 6:38 am

wilson wrote:I just rinsed a ramekin.
That is fantastic. I dirtied two ramekins yesterday, but I've yet to clean them.
sMiles
Miles

Post by Miles » February 10th, 2010, 6:41 am

Yesterday was hell.
I got on a phone call with a client in London at 10:00 AM. I then remained on the phone until 4:22. The only time I was not actively talking on the phone was when I was listening to voicemail or dialing into my next phone call.

Last night was awesome.
I grilled up fillets served with a cauliflower gratin and wilted arugula. Food and good company heals all.
sMiles
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 10th, 2010, 7:49 am

DukePA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:"Bizzard" is forecast for Boone and the surrounding areas tonight and tomorrow, with low temps in the low teens. Brrrrr. http://www.booneweather.com/Forecast/Boone
Adding to my post count and the above discussion, from the link
Folks who don't actually read the forecast but talk about it anyway will be naysayers about sunset today; then will become believers again Wednesday. Behind the front this evening, sharply colder air (rivaling the coldest of the season thus far) will arrive on gusty NW winds. Later tonight, Wednesday, and early morning Thursday, expect snow and blowing snow with blizzard conditions at times. Temperatures will be bitterly cold (low single digits up to and 10° to 15° in valleys) by Wednesday morning. Winds will be brutal gusting to 55 mph during the daytime Wednesday and to 70 mph Wednesday night. Gusty winds will continue well into Thursday. Winds chills on mountaintops will be below -30° and below -10° in valleys.
Ozzie, you are a quiet PW! I know you post a lot, but I usually think of DD when I think PW :D
WHAT?

ME?

WHO?

NEVER!

Well, maybe every once in a great while...

;) :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 10th, 2010, 8:35 am

I woke up this morning with 'Rock Lobster' in my head.
Good sign, right?