LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 7th, 2010, 11:14 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:I really enjoyed the snow pics. Thanks, VDB :)
Ditto..very cool.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 8th, 2010, 4:52 am

Good Morning, all! ~O)

Thanks for the compliments on the pix. My wife took them. Those were the best from about 150 she took. The cool thing about the Michael pic on the sled is that he's going about 25 mph when that was taken. She took it with the sports setting, and it's perfectly in focus. He FLIES on that thing, and he's VERY skilled for a 5 year old at staying on the sled and steering by just leaning.

Go Saints! I'm so happy for my other team. I like all the teams from the places I've lived as an AF brat, but the Saints have always had a special place in my heart as the perennial under dogs, and the team of the city where my family came from.

I could never quite put my finger on why I don't like the Colts, even though I like Manning. I figured it out last night. Jeff Saturday, their perennial pro-bowl center and captain of their offensive line, is a Kerlina grad. Now I know why I never liked those guys. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » February 8th, 2010, 10:57 am

bjornolf wrote:Good Morning, all! ~O)

Thanks for the compliments on the pix. My wife took them. Those were the best from about 150 she took. The cool thing about the Michael pic on the sled is that he's going about 25 mph when that was taken. She took it with the sports setting, and it's perfectly in focus. He FLIES on that thing, and he's VERY skilled for a 5 year old at staying on the sled and steering by just leaning.

Go Saints! I'm so happy for my other team. I like all the teams from the places I've lived as an AF brat, but the Saints have always had a special place in my heart as the perennial under dogs, and the team of the city where my family came from.

I could never quite put my finger on why I don't like the Colts, even though I like Manning. I figured it out last night. Jeff Saturday, their perennial pro-bowl center and captain of their offensive line, is a Kerlina grad. Now I know why I never liked those guys. ;)

%%-
I just saw the pics bjornolf. They are fantastic shots and you should be a proud dad. Gorgeous chilrens everywhere!
sMiles
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 8th, 2010, 11:01 am

bjornolf wrote:Image

Bow before the King of the Mountain!

%%-

That is a normal amount of snow for us this time of year but we've had virtually no snow thus far this year. I'm praying this continues and that I haven't just jinxed it :-s

ETA: We average 97cm of snow by this point each winter but have only had 47cm so far this year. Last year we had 200cm by this point in the season so, by comparison, we've had virtually no snow at all thus far. Again, I hope I am not jinxing this.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » February 8th, 2010, 11:36 am

Miles wrote:

%%-
I just saw the pics bjornolf. They are fantastic shots and you should be a proud dad. Gorgeous chilrens everywhere!
Joe - I concur!!! I miss those days! :-BD
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 8th, 2010, 2:17 pm

%%-
I hope you had your kids do most, if not all, of that shoveling.

:)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 8th, 2010, 5:53 pm

devildeac wrote:

%%-

:)) =))
Nah, I did it all. They were still sleeping.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 8th, 2010, 6:20 pm

[
%%-[/quote]

:)) =))[/quote]

Nah, I did it all. They were still sleeping.

%%-[/quote]

As they should be. :) Your children are so cute. I know they are a joy. :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 8th, 2010, 6:23 pm

Waiting and trying to be patient for our Duke Ladies game, in about 25 min. GO DUKE!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 8th, 2010, 6:54 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Waiting and trying to be patient for our Duke Ladies game, in about 25 min. GO DUKE!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
Why aren't you there? And Tilly's logged in CTN! Why aren't you there either?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 8th, 2010, 9:21 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Waiting and trying to be patient for our Duke Ladies game, in about 25 min. GO DUKE!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
Why aren't you there? And Tilly's logged in CTN! Why aren't you there either?
It much have been great to be there. Sorry I had to stay home. I must say, I enjoyed every moment watching the game here. Love our Ladies. :ymhug:
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 9th, 2010, 4:54 am

G'Morning, all! ~O)

Looks like we're now in the 10-15" band for today, 8-X . I think we need to invest in a CTN snow blower. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 9th, 2010, 5:00 am

colchar wrote: ETA: We average 97cm of snow by this point each winter but have only had 47cm so far this year. Last year we had 200cm by this point in the season so, by comparison, we've had virtually no snow at all thus far. Again, I hope I am not jinxing this.

We have 54" so far this winter, or just under 140 cm. We're supposed to get another 10-15" today, which would put us in the 170 cm range, with another storm supposedly coming next Monday. For a place that DOESN'T get a lot of snow, at least compared to others, we don't have the equipment to deal with this. It's a disaster.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 9th, 2010, 5:46 am

3" so far in Lexington.
School's closed.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 9th, 2010, 6:53 am

Just cold rain here in Atlanta (again). Yuck.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 9th, 2010, 8:48 am

YmoBeThere, Seattle edition. No snow, no rain, but it may be cloudy. Almost too dark to tell.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 9th, 2010, 8:49 am

Hopefully my cats are snowed in, or at least the pet sitter isn't snowed out.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 9th, 2010, 9:57 am

YmoBeThere wrote:YmoBeThere, Seattle edition. No snow, no rain, but it may be cloudy. Almost too dark to tell.
Work?
Pleasure?
Drink a fine ale or three while you are out there.

Will you catch up with DevilAlumna while you are out there? If so, give her a big :ymhug: from Lavabe and me. And, of course, from all the CT folks, too.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 9th, 2010, 10:40 am

"Bizzard" is forecast for Boone and the surrounding areas tonight and tomorrow, with low temps in the low teens. Brrrrr. http://www.booneweather.com/Forecast/Boone
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 9th, 2010, 10:44 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:"Bizzard" is forecast for Boone and the surrounding areas tonight and tomorrow, with low temps in the low teens. Brrrrr. http://www.booneweather.com/Forecast/Boone
Adding to my post count and the above discussion, from the link
Folks who don't actually read the forecast but talk about it anyway will be naysayers about sunset today; then will become believers again Wednesday. Behind the front this evening, sharply colder air (rivaling the coldest of the season thus far) will arrive on gusty NW winds. Later tonight, Wednesday, and early morning Thursday, expect snow and blowing snow with blizzard conditions at times. Temperatures will be bitterly cold (low single digits up to and 10° to 15° in valleys) by Wednesday morning. Winds will be brutal gusting to 55 mph during the daytime Wednesday and to 70 mph Wednesday night. Gusty winds will continue well into Thursday. Winds chills on mountaintops will be below -30° and below -10° in valleys.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com