LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 4th, 2010, 1:18 pm

wilson wrote:
colchar wrote:Some of us would argue that the awful thing that happened was the Beatles themselves. Their early stuff was fine but once they became all drugged out they really started to suck.
This is the single comment in CTN history that has most deserved
Congrats on making history, Colchar! :ymapplause:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » February 4th, 2010, 1:43 pm

colchar wrote:
Miles wrote: Indeed. They owned the middle part of the century. Then, something awful happened to rock n roll.

Some of us would argue that the awful thing that happened was the Beatles themselves. Their early stuff was fine but once they became all drugged out they really started to suck.
I should elaborate what I mean. I think rock n roll died long before the Beatles came onto the scene. If anything, the Beatles might get some of the credit for helping to restore it before it's ultimate demise in the late 60's and early 70's. I don't think it has ever recovered since.

I cannot possibly see how the Beatles were the awful thing that happened to rock n roll. I'll blame southern rock and disco.
sMiles
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 4th, 2010, 1:48 pm

Miles wrote:I'll blame southern rock and disco.
Just as long as you leave the Allman Brothers out of it. :dwarf: :ymbringiton: b-(
Where the hell's the stars and bars smiley when you need it?
Miles

Post by Miles » February 4th, 2010, 2:23 pm

wilson wrote:
Miles wrote:I'll blame southern rock and disco.
Just as long as you leave the Allman Brothers out of it. :dwarf: :ymbringiton: b-(
Where the hell's the stars and bars smiley when you need it?
Yeah it's a bit impossible to single out one band. I'll stick to blaming entire genres. :-D
sMiles
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » February 4th, 2010, 2:54 pm

I'm afraid I have gallbladder problems. Last night was the fifth time in the last 6-8 months where I've been up all night with serious abdominal pain in the upper right abdomen, right under the rib cage. All the women in my immediate family have had their gallbladders removed and my maternal grandfather did as well.

Need to go to the doc.
-- DukeUsul
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » February 4th, 2010, 2:55 pm

DukeUsul wrote:I'm afraid I have gallbladder problems. Last night was the fifth time in the last 6-8 months where I've been up all night with serious abdominal pain in the upper right abdomen, right under the rib cage. All the women in my immediate family have had their gallbladders removed and my maternal grandfather did as well.

Need to go to the doc.
I can recommend some great surgeons if you need it taken out.
I worship the Blue Devil!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 4th, 2010, 3:03 pm

DukeUsul wrote:I'm afraid I have gallbladder problems. Last night was the fifth time in the last 6-8 months where I've been up all night with serious abdominal pain in the upper right abdomen, right under the rib cage. All the women in my immediate family have had their gallbladders removed and my maternal grandfather did as well.

Need to go to the doc.
Yikes. Vibes.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 4th, 2010, 3:53 pm

Need to go to the doc.
Sorry to hear. Get check out asap. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 4th, 2010, 4:00 pm

I got to Kenansville about 30 min. ago. I came to go to grandson, Max, ball game. Tournament starts today. GO EE SMITH MIDDLE SCHOOL!!!
:-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD
Miles

Post by Miles » February 4th, 2010, 5:53 pm

Need to go to the doc.
Awww man that royally sucks. Vibes coming your way!
:wizard:
sMiles
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 4th, 2010, 6:49 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:I got to Kenansville about 30 min. ago. I came to go to grandson, Max, ball game. Tournament starts today. GO EE SMITH MIDDLE SCHOOL!!!
:-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD
EE Smith won. Champinship tomorrow night . I'll be there. GO WILDCATS!! Oh yeh, their colors are Duke Blue and White. Nice. :)
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 4th, 2010, 7:01 pm

wilson wrote:
colchar wrote:Some of us would argue that the awful thing that happened was the Beatles themselves. Their early stuff was fine but once they became all drugged out they really started to suck.

I take it you're a Beatles fan?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 4th, 2010, 7:01 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
wilson wrote:
Congrats on making history, Colchar! :ymapplause:

Thanks. I have to make history as I certainly haven't been writing it lately...
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 4th, 2010, 7:04 pm

Miles wrote:
colchar wrote:
Miles wrote: Indeed. They owned the middle part of the century. Then, something awful happened to rock n roll.

Some of us would argue that the awful thing that happened was the Beatles themselves. Their early stuff was fine but once they became all drugged out they really started to suck.
I should elaborate what I mean. I think rock n roll died long before the Beatles came onto the scene. If anything, the Beatles might get some of the credit for helping to restore it before it's ultimate demise in the late 60's and early 70's. I don't think it has ever recovered since.

I cannot possibly see how the Beatles were the awful thing that happened to rock n roll. I'll blame southern rock and disco.

Disco was an abomination but some southern rock is great.

I think rock went shitty in the late '60s too and the Beatles were a big part of that.

And I just took that shot at the Beatles because A) the opportunity was there and B) I've never been a fan.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 4th, 2010, 7:06 pm

Need to go to the doc.

I had a similar problem for several years (in the sternum area) and it was never diagnosed. I went through hell, absolute hell. Thankfully I haven't had an attack in about 18 months now.

Hopefully your issue is just a simple one that can be easily remedied. Please keep us notified.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Miles

Post by Miles » February 4th, 2010, 9:55 pm

colchar wrote:
Miles wrote:
colchar wrote:

Disco was an abomination but some southern rock is great.

I think rock went shitty in the late '60s too and the Beatles were a big part of that.

And I just took that shot at the Beatles because A) the opportunity was there and B) I've never been a fan.
How were the Beatles a big part of rock turning shitty in the late 60's? Their flame was already out (relatively speaking). From my perspective, rock died well before the Beatles, then it made a small revival before finally biting the dust. I agree with your timeframe, just can't see how the Beatles were a big part of it.

Also agree that some Southern Rock is good, but Southern Rock started to make it's presence felt in the late 60's though. Curious.
sMiles
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 5th, 2010, 4:58 am

Need to go to the doc.
If it's right up tight under the rib cage, there's a chance it could be the liver instead of the gall bladder. All that heavy drinkin' finally catch up to ya? ;) Kidding, of course, but yea, you should definitely see a doctor. Prayers and hugs and vibes, man. :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard:

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 5th, 2010, 4:58 am

And on that note, good morning all! ~O)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » February 5th, 2010, 7:23 am

Still on the road traveling. Was able to watch the game last night. I have a hernia.

Good morning!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 5th, 2010, 9:37 am

Good morning. Its 38 degrees and a little rain is happening in Kenansville. Bud said it is snowing but not much in Efland.