2009 NFL Thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: 2009 NFL Thread

Post by captmojo » January 26th, 2010, 8:04 pm

I have nothing against the Baltimore fans. I would like to see Coach Cut's friend win another ring. Maybe implications ensue. :think:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » January 29th, 2010, 9:10 am

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but the Pro Bowl has always been a freaking joke and the rules they're placing on it now are even more ridiculous.
So the AFC quarterbacks are Matt Schaub, Vince Young, and David Garrard. Next year, I say we all write-in EarlJam and see if we can't get him in the game.
sMiles
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » January 29th, 2010, 9:29 am

Miles wrote:Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but the Pro Bowl has always been a freaking joke and the rules they're placing on it now are even more ridiculous.
So the AFC quarterbacks are Matt Schaub, Vince Young, and David Garrard. Next year, I say we all write-in EarlJam and see if we can't get him in the game.
With this year's scheduling change, I'm slightly less unexcited than before about the Pro Bowl. Still unexcited, just slightly less so.
rockymtn devil
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by rockymtn devil » January 29th, 2010, 9:36 am

Miles wrote:Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but the Pro Bowl has always been a freaking joke and the rules they're placing on it now are even more ridiculous.
I agree that the change is stupid, but Schaub should've been selected in the first place. The guy led the NFL in passing yards and was 5th in TDs. Also, even under the old system, Brady and Rivers probably wouldn't have played anyway because of their injuries. The take away point is, like you said, is that the Pro Bowl is a joke.
:ymbilly: vs. :ymhiro: Ken vs. Ryu. Classic.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » January 29th, 2010, 9:39 am

rockymtn devil wrote:
I agree that the change is stupid, but Schaub should've been selected in the first place. The guy led the NFL in passing yards and was 5th in TDs. Also, even under the old system, Brady and Rivers probably wouldn't have played anyway because of their injuries. The take away point is, like you said, is that the Pro Bowl is a joke.
What exactly are the new rules? There's been a lot of talk about them, but little specification as to what they actually say.
I do know that Colts TE Dallas Clark is going to play in the game before appearing in the Super Bowl because this is his first selection. I think that's pretty badass.
Miles

Post by Miles » January 29th, 2010, 9:44 am

wilson wrote:
rockymtn devil wrote:
What exactly are the new rules? There's been a lot of talk about them, but little specification as to what they actually say.
I do know that Colts TE Dallas Clark is going to play in the game before appearing in the Super Bowl because this is his first selection. I think that's pretty badass.
Basically, if you're selected to the Pro Bowl you HAVE to go to the game. So all of the Pro Bowl nominees that are playing in the Super Bowl must fly to Miami, even if they're not playing. Lame, very lame.
sMiles