LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » January 13th, 2010, 8:01 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote:It would be amazing to be an outsider reading some of these posts.

You just can't make this stuff up, folks.

electrical fire smells, dog's anal glands...

and the list goes on...

:)) :))
=)) =))
And I'll bet our newcomers don't have a clue as to what we're talking about! =)) =)) =))
And given a moment or two to think about it, they probably wouldn't want to know some of the shenanigans we discuss 'round here... :ymblushing:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 13th, 2010, 8:24 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:WHEW!!! I just told my wife I smelled something burning..I knew it was electrical. After running around we realized it was the heater for our fish tank, I was able to unplug it just as it burst into flames. The fire quickly went out and the fish seem to be ok. We were very lucky that we were here to notice it and not out of the house, or worse, asleep. #:-s
:ymhug: :ymhug: thank goodness you all are safe. that had to be so scary.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 13th, 2010, 9:27 am

DukePA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I found out something very funny (at least to me) last weekend. All of you who have been around LTE for a while know how awful my last job was. For those of you who don't, the short story is that I had an incompetent supervisor - younger, less work experience, less education - who basically got her position because she is 'friends' with the boss. She made the job hell on earth for more reasons than I can enumerate. Now for the funny part: the person who was hired to replace me handed in his resignation yesterday, and he's leaving for pretty much the same reason that I did. I'm glad to report that he also got a raise with his new job, and he'll be making more than my Thank-The-Lord-Former Supervisor. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Trust me, after working there for a year, he's earned it in spades.

Just thinking about her makes me feel the need to send shin kicks. :ymdevil:
More shin kicks going to psycho bitch :D
And a few more from me.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 13th, 2010, 9:28 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:WHEW!!! I just told my wife I smelled something burning..I knew it was electrical. After running around we realized it was the heater for our fish tank, I was able to unplug it just as it burst into flames. The fire quickly went out and the fish seem to be ok. We were very lucky that we were here to notice it and not out of the house, or worse, asleep. #:-s
I'm glad all are safe.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 13th, 2010, 6:34 pm

cl15876 wrote:Damn, before that last post... I had the best late night treat in mind... then... I started thinking about that last post and the two before it and I forgot what I was going to eat? :poo:
Are you saying you forgot you were going to eat :poo:? :-?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 13th, 2010, 6:36 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
At least it wasn't your dog's anal glands! =)) =)) =))
I had the same thought! Guess great minds think alike. Or, at least, Crazie minds think alike. ;)
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 13th, 2010, 6:39 pm

Thanks for the shin kicks to my former supervisor! I've been laughing all week about the departure of my replacement. Supposedly all the problems at my former job were because I was difficult to work with - nothing to do with her. Man, I must be really difficult to work with if I'm causing problems even after I've been gone for almost 2 years! :ymdevil: =)) =)) =))
-- Albert Einstein
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 13th, 2010, 7:29 pm

devildeac wrote:It would be amazing to be an outsider reading some of these posts.

You just can't make this stuff up, folks.

electrical fire smells, dog's anal glands...

and the list goes on...

:)) :))
=)) =))

I'm hardly a newcomer around these here parts and I'm wondering what the hell y'all are talking about.

Miss a day's worth of posts, miss a lot...
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 13th, 2010, 10:41 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
cl15876 wrote:Damn, before that last post... I had the best late night treat in mind... then... I started thinking about that last post and the two before it and I forgot what I was going to eat? :poo:
Are you saying you forgot you were going to eat :poo:? :-?
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) you and Tilly are killing me! =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 13th, 2010, 10:42 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
At least it wasn't your dog's anal glands! =)) =)) =))
I had the same thought! Guess great minds think alike. Or, at least, Crazie minds think alike. ;)
I know he's a mod now, but I think if you go through the replay, welll, ahem... Just saying... :)) :)) :)) :))
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » January 13th, 2010, 11:32 pm

Ozzie has already had more mod action in like two days than I had in like a month and a half. X( :D
Class of 2014
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 13th, 2010, 11:33 pm

Rolvix wrote:Ozzie has already had more mod action in like two days than I had in like a month and a half. X( :D
I noticed that too! Go Ozzie!
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 13th, 2010, 11:34 pm

Rolvix wrote:Ozzie has already had more mod action in like two days than I had in like a month and a half. X( :D
Yeah...I think he's got some pot stirring vibes going... :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 13th, 2010, 11:35 pm

Y'all have awakened a sleeping giant! No warnings issued, but I've locked my first thread! And no Bud Light was consumed in the process! B-) In fact, the beer of choice for the evening was a couple of Howls by Magic Hat at Tyler's Tap Room with DD before the game. He'll be reviewing the brewski. B-) B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 14th, 2010, 12:13 am

Boy, one little act of moderation and everyone goes home. Sure got quiet around here in a hurry. :-o :-o :-o

Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » January 14th, 2010, 12:19 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Boy, one little act of moderation and everyone goes home. Sure got quiet around here in a hurry. :-o :-o :-o
Class of 2014
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 14th, 2010, 12:20 am

Rolvix wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Boy, one little act of moderation and everyone goes home. Sure got quiet around here in a hurry. :-o :-o :-o
You're a man of few words, Rolvix. :D

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 14th, 2010, 12:32 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Rolvix wrote:
It's hard to respond when you can't see what you are reading. Can't you see he answered in Braille?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 14th, 2010, 12:45 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Rolvix wrote:Boy, one little act of moderation and everyone goes home. Sure got quiet around here in a hurry. :-o :-o :-o
It's hard to respond when you can't see what you are reading. Can't you see he answered in Braille?
I thought it was Morse code...

colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 14th, 2010, 12:54 am

You're young and single while Ozzie is older and married. Shouldn't you be getting more action than him?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------