LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by TillyGalore » January 12th, 2010, 6:07 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:AHA!!!!!!! Now, at the top of the page, above "user control panel", you see a button that says "home". Click it.
You effin' ROCK!!!

I love the "home" button and the new colors!!!!!!!!!

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
I worship the Blue Devil!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 12th, 2010, 6:52 pm

I found out something very funny (at least to me) last weekend. All of you who have been around LTE for a while know how awful my last job was. For those of you who don't, the short story is that I had an incompetent supervisor - younger, less work experience, less education - who basically got her position because she is 'friends' with the boss. She made the job hell on earth for more reasons than I can enumerate. Now for the funny part: the person who was hired to replace me handed in his resignation yesterday, and he's leaving for pretty much the same reason that I did. I'm glad to report that he also got a raise with his new job, and he'll be making more than my Thank-The-Lord-Former Supervisor. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Trust me, after working there for a year, he's earned it in spades.

Just thinking about her makes me feel the need to send shin kicks. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » January 12th, 2010, 7:03 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I found out something very funny (at least to me) last weekend. All of you who have been around LTE for a while know how awful my last job was. For those of you who don't, the short story is that I had an incompetent supervisor - younger, less work experience, less education - who basically got her position because she is 'friends' with the boss. She made the job hell on earth for more reasons than I can enumerate. Now for the funny part: the person who was hired to replace me handed in his resignation yesterday, and he's leaving for pretty much the same reason that I did. I'm glad to report that he also got a raise with his new job, and he'll be making more than my Thank-The-Lord-Former Supervisor. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Trust me, after working there for a year, he's earned it in spades.

More shin kicks going to psycho bitch :D
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » January 12th, 2010, 8:20 pm

It's still not very warm here...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 12th, 2010, 8:34 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I found out something very funny (at least to me) last weekend. All of you who have been around LTE for a while know how awful my last job was. For those of you who don't, the short story is that I had an incompetent supervisor - younger, less work experience, less education - who basically got her position because she is 'friends' with the boss. She made the job hell on earth for more reasons than I can enumerate. Now for the funny part: the person who was hired to replace me handed in his resignation yesterday, and he's leaving for pretty much the same reason that I did. I'm glad to report that he also got a raise with his new job, and he'll be making more than my Thank-The-Lord-Former Supervisor. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Trust me, after working there for a year, he's earned it in spades.

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

And a healthy dose of shin kicks!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 12th, 2010, 10:42 pm

More shin kicks!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 12th, 2010, 11:47 pm

Why is Conan still on NBC tonight at 1130? I was hoping to see Jay, but apparently I am ahead of myself..... I switched to TV Guide channel and they said Jay would be on tonight and BREAKING NEWS .... Conan was refusing to take the 1205 slot! Hmm, although I was not a big fan of his, I could tolerate him at 1230, but haven't watched him but maybe a hand full of times since he's been on at 1130, he turned me over to David Letterman! I haven't even watch Jay at 1000pm of whom I picked over Dave at 1130 given that choice! What is going to happen? Someone please tell me... I need to go to bed and suspense is killing me! :(( :(( :(( @-) @-) @-) (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-|
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 12th, 2010, 11:49 pm

cl15876 wrote:Why is Conan still on NBC tonight at 1130? I was hoping to see Jay, but apparently I am ahead of myself..... I switched to TV Guide channel and they said Jay would be on tonight and BREAKING NEWS .... Conan was refusing to take the 1205 slot! Hmm, although I was not a big fan of his, I could tolerate him at 1230, but haven't watched him but maybe a hand full of times since he's been on at 1130, he turned me over to David Letterman! I haven't even watch Jay at 1000pm of whom I picked over Dave at 1130 given that choice! What is going to happen? Someone please tell me... I need to go to bed and suspense is killing me! :(( :(( :(( @-) @-) @-) (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-|
The changes won't happen until after the :occasion-olympics:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 12th, 2010, 11:53 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
cl15876 wrote:Why is Conan still on NBC tonight at 1130? I was hoping to see Jay, but apparently I am ahead of myself..... I switched to TV Guide channel and they said Jay would be on tonight and BREAKING NEWS .... Conan was refusing to take the 1205 slot! Hmm, although I was not a big fan of his, I could tolerate him at 1230, but haven't watched him but maybe a hand full of times since he's been on at 1130, he turned me over to David Letterman! I haven't even watch Jay at 1000pm of whom I picked over Dave at 1130 given that choice! What is going to happen? Someone please tell me... I need to go to bed and suspense is killing me! :(( :(( :(( @-) @-) @-) (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-|
thank you! I can rest easy now! (-|
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 12th, 2010, 11:54 pm

cl15876 wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
thank you! I can rest easy now! (-|
WAIT WAIT WAIT .... when are the :occasion-olympics: on? when will the :occasion-olympics: be over? :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-? :-? :-? :-? (-| (-| (-| (-|
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 12th, 2010, 11:56 pm

WHEW!!! I just told my wife I smelled something burning..I knew it was electrical. After running around we realized it was the heater for our fish tank, I was able to unplug it just as it burst into flames. The fire quickly went out and the fish seem to be ok. We were very lucky that we were here to notice it and not out of the house, or worse, asleep. #:-s
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 12th, 2010, 11:58 pm

Damn, before that last post... I had the best late night treat in mind... then... I started thinking about that last post and the two before it and I forgot what I was going to eat? :poo:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 13th, 2010, 12:01 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:WHEW!!! I just told my wife I smelled something burning..I knew it was electrical. After running around we realized it was the heater for our fish tank, I was able to unplug it just as it burst into flames. The fire quickly went out and the fish seem to be ok. We were very lucky that we were here to notice it and not out of the house, or worse, asleep. #:-s
thank goodness! Did you check the :O3 ? :-? Sweetie pie, check there? (kind of like the lawn mower spark plug test... 1. disconnect the wire, 2. hand to your kid and have him hold, 3. then pull the crank and 4. Hopefully, he jumps in the air because he feels so many good vibrations! :-o :-o :-o :-o :(( :(( :(( ) ;) :(
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 13th, 2010, 12:10 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:WHEW!!! I just told my wife I smelled something burning..I knew it was electrical. After running around we realized it was the heater for our fish tank, I was able to unplug it just as it burst into flames. The fire quickly went out and the fish seem to be ok. We were very lucky that we were here to notice it and not out of the house, or worse, asleep. #:-s
At least it wasn't your dog's anal glands! =)) =)) =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 13th, 2010, 12:12 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
At least it wasn't your dog's anal glands! =)) =)) =))
True..although they are bad enough. They cause the paint to peel, but at least the walls don't burn down around us. The thought of fires scare the hell out of me living in a trailer.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 13th, 2010, 12:23 am

It would be amazing to be an outsider reading some of these posts.

You just can't make this stuff up, folks.

electrical fire smells, dog's anal glands...

and the list goes on...

:)) :))
=)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 13th, 2010, 12:28 am

devildeac wrote:It would be amazing to be an outsider reading some of these posts.

You just can't make this stuff up, folks.

electrical fire smells, dog's anal glands...

and the list goes on...

:)) :))
=)) =))
And I'll bet our newcomers don't have a clue as to what we're talking about! =)) =)) =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 13th, 2010, 6:01 am

Good Morning, everyone. ~O)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 13th, 2010, 6:07 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
Miles wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Don't read this if you don't want to see plot spoilers for the movie Avatar.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap. ... -avatar-ap

OMG. Can we say "over-analyze"? I agree with the woman that commented on the movie, like I said in my review on this board a while ago, why can't we just ignore all that crap and enjoy a movie once in a while? Why does EVERYTHING have to have an agenda? Why does EVERYTHING have to be about race? I seriously doubt any of the actors and actresses of color that were in the movie would have done it if they had a problem with it. Can't we just leave it at that?

%%-
Agreed. Can't we all just agree that the movie, had it not been for the dazzling f/x, was actually a pile of crap? ;-)
What about those that are now suffering depression after seeing the movie? Apparently, they are depressed that they can't live in the make believe world from the movie (was it called Pandora?). http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html

These people need some serious help.
By Miles' theory, they were probably depressed for a different reason, "I paid $120 to take my family to see this in IMAX 3D? Oh my God! I could have fed them for a week with that! :(( "

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 13th, 2010, 7:27 am

cl15876 wrote:Damn, before that last post... I had the best late night treat in mind... then... I started thinking about that last post and the two before it and I forgot what I was going to eat? :poo:
I can't believe you put :poo: right after the word "eat". Now I'm totally grossed out.