LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » January 6th, 2010, 3:45 pm

bjornolf wrote:We had some snow this morning. Nothing accumulated, but it was definitely harder than flurries and it lasted a couple hours. We're supposed to get a couple inches tomorrow night.

%%-
We're supposed to get 3-5" tomorrow.

Barely enough for a good Subway sandwich. 8-} 8-}
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » January 6th, 2010, 5:01 pm

Lavabe wrote:
bjornolf wrote:We had some snow this morning. Nothing accumulated, but it was definitely harder than flurries and it lasted a couple hours. We're supposed to get a couple inches tomorrow night.

%%-

No Subway Sandwiches for us until Friday (hopefully after school starts - I really don't want to make up a day)
Class of 2014
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » January 6th, 2010, 5:10 pm

Working on ideas for an awesome Crazie costume for next year... Any thoughts?

Ideas so far:
Superhero (Made up Blue/White one)

White Dreads (wig), Black face, Blue body

Spiked blue hair (big spikes - wig most likely)

Could paint an image of the opposing teams mascot dying on my chest every game. (too much work :p )
Class of 2014
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 6th, 2010, 5:19 pm

Barely enough for a good Subway sandwich. 8-} 8-}[/quote]
No Subway Sandwiches for us until Friday (hopefully after school starts - I really don't want to make up a day)[/quote]

rolvix, forget the snow. tell us about your trip! :)
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » January 6th, 2010, 6:01 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote: rolvix, forget the snow. tell us about your trip! :)
It was pretty awesome!

On the first day we visited Norman. My dad's college roommate's family was with us (it was their boat) and we had our first open water dive "class" (the family's daughter was getting certified with me).

We stayed the first night moored at an island called Cooper's Island. Had another dive the next morning (we did two each day).

Sailed to Virgin Gorda and docked in Leverick Bay, at which we stayed for the next two, three? nights, including New Years.
During this time we took a ferry over to the Bitter End Yacht Club. Good gracious! There were some HUGE boats there.

We saw this one, the MITSeaAH (only 156' long):

During our three day stay at Gorda we also visited the Baths! THEY ARE AWESOME. If you ever find yourself in the Virgin Islands, make sure to visit these.

Then we sailed to Jost Van Dyke. Have you ever heard of Foxy's? It's a pretty freakin' sweet restaurant! We missed the New Years party by a day. Apparently it ranks in the top 10 party spots in the world for New Years. (the parents weren't too thrilled about being there for it) They had the BEST food though... Ribs and chicken buffet!

The next day we sailed back to the bay beside the airport in Tortola (I can't remember the name). What an awesome trip.

During this time we finished our 4 required open water dives with an instructor, dove two or three additional times with our parents, and did one AWESOME night dive. Being underwater in the pitch black with only flashlights and glowsticks was otherworldly. We didn't see too much besides a few lobsters but we DID see two baby squid, one maybe the size of my index finger swimming beside one the size of my pinky. I looked up and they were swimming right in front of my mask - a very cool sight.

I am very relaxed now... Fully expecting my grades to drop this week. (Luckily it's my last week of these classes)
Class of 2014
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » January 6th, 2010, 7:14 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
colchar wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:It is snowing - again. :)

Just be thankful you're not in Britain where they are getting heavy snow (again) and are simply not set up to deal with this kind of weather.
Kind of like North Carolina.
LOL - I was JUST THINKING THE SAME THING!!!! JINX!!!!! :D :D :D :D :ymhug:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 6th, 2010, 7:15 pm

Lavabe wrote:

%%-

Hmmm, somewhat of a personal question, but.... do you have your pipe(s) ready? ;)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 6th, 2010, 7:21 pm

Rolvix wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote: rolvix, forget the snow. tell us about your trip! :)
It was pretty awesome!

On the first day we visited Norman. My dad's college roommate's family was with us (it was their boat) and we had our first open water dive "class" (the family's daughter was getting certified with me).

We stayed the first night moored at an island called Cooper's Island. Had another dive the next morning (we did two each day).

Sailed to Virgin Gorda and docked in Leverick Bay, at which we stayed for the next two, three? nights, including New Years.
During this time we took a ferry over to the Bitter End Yacht Club. Good gracious! There were some HUGE boats there.

We saw this one, the MITSeaAH (only 156' long):

During our three day stay at Gorda we also visited the Baths! THEY ARE AWESOME. If you ever find yourself in the Virgin Islands, make sure to visit these.

Then we sailed to Jost Van Dyke. Have you ever heard of Foxy's? It's a pretty freakin' sweet restaurant! We missed the New Years party by a day. Apparently it ranks in the top 10 party spots in the world for New Years. (the parents weren't too thrilled about being there for it) They had the BEST food though... Ribs and chicken buffet!

The next day we sailed back to the bay beside the airport in Tortola (I can't remember the name). What an awesome trip.

During this time we finished our 4 required open water dives with an instructor, dove two or three additional times with our parents, and did one AWESOME night dive. Being underwater in the pitch black with only flashlights and glowsticks was otherworldly. We didn't see too much besides a few lobsters but we DID see two baby squid, one maybe the size of my index finger swimming beside one the size of my pinky. I looked up and they were swimming right in front of my mask - a very cool sight.

I am very relaxed now... Fully expecting my grades to drop this week. (Luckily it's my last week of these classes)
I want to see the underwater photography???? WTH? My brother has hibernated on just about every island down there since graduating from HS and flunking out of college many moons ago, but still lives there all alone.... Tell us more!!!!!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 6th, 2010, 7:29 pm

cl15876 wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
colchar wrote:Just be thankful you're not in Britain where they are getting heavy snow (again) and are simply not set up to deal with this kind of weather.
No jinx. I posted my comment 3.75 hours before you did. :p :p :p :p
I worship the Blue Devil!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 6th, 2010, 7:32 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:"quote="colchar""Just be thankful you're not in Britain where they are getting heavy snow (again) and are simply not set up to deal with this kind of weather."/quote"

No jinx. I posted my comment 3.75 hours before you did. :p :p :p :p
Ooops, I just got home and didn't see the time stamp! GOT ME!!!! BTW - New subject, with the threat of PIPE'S possibly freezing, how is K69 :-o (ooops, I mean K68 :ymblushing: ) doing on fixing your's? :D
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 6th, 2010, 7:36 pm

cl15876 wrote:Ooops, I just got home and didn't see the time stamp! GOT ME!!!! BTW - New subject, with the threat of PIPE'S possibly freezing, how is K69 :-o (ooops, I mean K68 :ymblushing: ) doing on fixing your's? :D
He just detached the hose from the spigot. I think my water pipes are going to be okay. Right, Ozzie?
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 6th, 2010, 7:38 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
cl15876 wrote:Ooops, I just got home and didn't see the time stamp! GOT ME!!!! BTW - New subject, with the threat of PIPE'S possibly freezing, how is K69 :-o (ooops, I mean K68 :ymblushing: ) doing on fixing your's? :D
He just detached the hose from the spigot. I think my water pipes are going to be okay. Right, Ozzie?
As long as he drains them!!!! You'll be GGGGRrrrrrEAT!!!! :D :-BD :-BD :-BD
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 6th, 2010, 7:48 pm

cl15876 wrote: As long as he drains them!!!! You'll be GGGGRrrrrrEAT!!!! :D :-BD :-BD :-BD
Here's a monkey, draining. :obscene-moneypiss:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 6th, 2010, 8:19 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
cl15876 wrote: As long as he drains them!!!! You'll be GGGGRrrrrrEAT!!!! :D :-BD :-BD :-BD
Here's a monkey, draining. :obscene-moneypiss:
Man that reminds me.... BRB! :ymblushing:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 6th, 2010, 8:27 pm

cl15876 wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
Right. And you don't need to drain them if there is no watering system - there is probably no way to do it anyway.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » January 6th, 2010, 8:32 pm

cl15876 wrote:
I want to see the underwater photography???? WTH? My brother has hibernated on just about every island down there since graduating from HS and flunking out of college many moons ago, but still lives there all alone.... Tell us more!!!!!
Whenever my dad develops his film I'll scan some of his pictures and upload them...
My new profile (FB) pic is going to be me underwater :-)

What else do you want to know? I could have stayed there another month or two or three or four....
Class of 2014
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 6th, 2010, 8:33 pm

Rolvix wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
Whenever my dad develops his film I'll scan some of his pictures and upload them...

What else do you want to know? I could have stayed there another month or two or three or four....
He might be able to have a CD of the pictures made when he gets the film developed. I did that at Walmart when I had my underwater pics from Hawaii developed.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 6th, 2010, 8:34 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:"quote="cl15876""Ooops, I just got home and didn't see the time stamp! GOT ME!!!! BTW - New subject, with the threat of PIPE'S possibly freezing, how is K69 :-o (ooops, I mean K68 :ymblushing: ) doing on fixing your's? :D"/quote"

Right. And you don't need to drain them if there is no watering system - there is probably no way to do it anyway.
Typically, ya don't have the sprinkler system connected to the outside spigots.... but you use an air compressor (not sure of lbs/psi) to blow out the watering/sprinkler system lines, but the main pipes to the outside spigots are good to drain regardless of a sprinkler system or not.... why risk a major repair?... just saying....?
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 6th, 2010, 8:34 pm

Rolvix wrote:
cl15876 wrote:

I want to know about the underwater treasures you found!!!!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 6th, 2010, 8:49 pm

Night nite everyone. Going to bed. :asleep: :asleep: :asleep: :asleep: :asleep: :asleep: :asleep: