LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 5th, 2010, 3:35 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Sweetie Pie and I are finally seeing Avatar tonight. We were supposed to go Sunday, but someone decided that basketball was more important than a date. :D
Anyways...looking forward to it. Stepsons saw it opening weekend and loved it, they even brought home a coupon for 2 drinks and big tub of popcorn for us.
avatar is supposed to be awesome. the drinks and popcorn will top off your night. :)
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 5th, 2010, 6:53 pm

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote: I just want to tie ExLax up by his male reproductive system with piano wire and fly him from a flag pole in front of the airport.

:(( :((
That hurts to even think/read about it.
I intend for the torture to be very public and very painful, reminiscent of the humiliating indignities he perpetrated on me.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » January 5th, 2010, 9:32 pm

I don't really have anything to type/say at the moment.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » January 5th, 2010, 9:42 pm

We saw Avatar in 3D (not IMAX) last week. The story was predictable and the acting was just okay. But the cinematography, design, creativity, 3D technology..... all were very very good.

We're going back this weekend to see it in IMAX 3D.

If you go - definitely see it in 3D.
-- DukeUsul
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 5th, 2010, 9:50 pm

I am not going to read the "Snakes on a Plane" thread.
I worship the Blue Devil!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 5th, 2010, 10:09 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I am not going to read the "Snakes on a Plane" thread.
ROLL of the DICE bebe!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :-o :-o :-o :-o :ymhug: %-( ;)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 5th, 2010, 10:37 pm

DukeUsul wrote:We saw Avatar in 3D (not IMAX) last week. The story was predictable and the acting was just okay. But the cinematography, design, creativity, 3D technology..... all were very very good.

We saw it tonight and loved it! The story was not as predictable as I had read, and I didn't mind the acting at all. The marine head honcho was a serious bad ass..loved hating him. As far as the 3-d went....jaw-droppingly impressive. IMAX would be insane..I have no idea where the closest one to the beach is, but probably a few hours away. It might be worth doing as a family trip.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » January 6th, 2010, 12:25 am

windsor wrote:
colchar wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Colchar will have to be captain.
As I'm probably the only person here who has ever curled, it would make sense to have me be the skip (the term for the captain of a curling rink).
I have curled. Exactly once. You can be the skip.
I've curled once too. I never would've guessed it, but it turns out there's a club near here. One of the young Turks played on a rec league soccer team, and the coach was a member of the club. The coach hosted the end-of-season party team there, and introduced both players (4th grade girls) and parents to the game. http://www.philadelphiacurlingclub.org/ Since it was a kids' party, everyone acted as responsible adults, but I came away with the sense those people enjoy their beverages a LOT. It was great fun, but I can play darts or bar shuffleboard with a lot less hassle, less cost, and much more warmth.

Coincidentally enough, Stephen Colbert had a bit last night on curling, in his "quest" to make one of the US teams in the winter Olympics. It was very funny.
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 6th, 2010, 6:17 am

Good Morning, all! ~O)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 6th, 2010, 6:21 am

Good Morning! :coffee:
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 6th, 2010, 6:22 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:We saw Avatar in 3D (not IMAX) last week. The story was predictable and the acting was just okay. But the cinematography, design, creativity, 3D technology..... all were very very good.

We saw it tonight and loved it! The story was not as predictable as I had read, and I didn't mind the acting at all. The marine head honcho was a serious bad ass..loved hating him. As far as the 3-d went....jaw-droppingly impressive. IMAX would be insane..I have no idea where the closest one to the beach is, but probably a few hours away. It might be worth doing as a family trip.
I was a little put off by some of the political messages in the story, but I chose to ignore them and just enjoy the show. Whether I agree with them or not, I don't plunk down $12 a ticket to be bombarded by an agenda, but to be entertained. That said, the wifey and I really enjoyed it. It was, in a word, SPECTACULAR, in the Roman sense of the word. I think it's definitely one that needs to be seen in the theater in 3-D, possibly in IMAX, and I say that about VERY few movies. 95% of movies are fine on my TV or my friend's insane screen, but this one deserves a theater viewing, I think. And I'm not even sure you CAN see it WITHOUT 3-D. All the theaters around here, anyway, seem to be all 3-D or IMAX 3-D.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 6th, 2010, 6:24 am

I woke up this morning, turned on the morning local news to be greeted with this teaser for the next segment:
"Next, we'll be talking about the seventh wonder of the world."

It was followed by a piece on the SI cover story about him. Grant Wahl's piece in SI is titled "The Great Wall of Kentucky."
X( X( X( X( X( :-w :-w :-w :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue:
UGH!!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Turk

Post by Turk » January 6th, 2010, 8:32 am

Lavabe wrote:I woke up this morning, turned on the morning local news to be greeted with this teaser for the next segment:
"Next, we'll be talking about the seventh wonder of the world."

It was followed by a piece on the SI cover story about him. Grant Wahl's piece in SI is titled "The Great Wall of Kentucky."
X( X( X( X( X( :-w :-w :-w :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue:
UGH!!
Ew. Just remember this too shall pass. Next year, "The Great Wall of Kentucky" will be toiling in obscurity for the Minnesota Timberwolves, the NJ Nyets, or some other NBA garden spot...
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » January 6th, 2010, 8:33 am

Lots of love for Avatar here, I wasn't feeling it. Visually dazzling movie, but that's about the end of the complements from me.
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 6th, 2010, 11:23 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote: IMAX would be insane..I have no idea where the closest one to the beach is, but probably a few hours away. It might be worth doing as a family trip.
The ONLY Imax 3-d movie theater in the state is in Raleigh, and it looks smart to book in advance. Avatar is playing at least thru the end of this month, I'm going to talk the family into making a trip to see a Sunday show.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 6th, 2010, 1:19 pm

good afternoon all. :)
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 6th, 2010, 2:52 pm

It is snowing - again. :)
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 6th, 2010, 3:00 pm

We had some snow this morning. Nothing accumulated, but it was definitely harder than flurries and it lasted a couple hours. We're supposed to get a couple inches tomorrow night.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 6th, 2010, 3:30 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:It is snowing - again. :)

Just be thankful you're not in Britain where they are getting heavy snow (again) and are simply not set up to deal with this kind of weather.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 6th, 2010, 3:33 pm

colchar wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:It is snowing - again. :)

Just be thankful you're not in Britain where they are getting heavy snow (again) and are simply not set up to deal with this kind of weather.
Kind of like North Carolina.
I worship the Blue Devil!