LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » January 5th, 2010, 5:51 am

What's really nice about CTN is that you can have your UNC schadenfreude without having a mod make some inane comment at you as to why we should hope the Holes win.

Make no mistake: I want a Coach D'Oh-like season from the folks in Chapaheeya.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 5th, 2010, 5:55 am

Lavabe wrote:What's really nice about CTN is that you can have your UNC schadenfreude without having a mod make some inane comment at you as to why we should hope the Holes win.

How many first-to-worst seasons have there been in the NCAA? Or even, how many times did NCAA Champions not even qualify for the tourney the following season?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 5th, 2010, 7:04 am

It's currently 26F in my backyard with a windchill of 15F. Our snow from a week before Christmas is still here, if patchy.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 5th, 2010, 7:30 am

Lavabe wrote:
Lavabe wrote:What's really nice about CTN is that you can have your UNC schadenfreude without having a mod make some inane comment at you as to why we should hope the Holes win.

How many first-to-worst seasons have there been in the NCAA? Or even, how many times did NCAA Champions not even qualify for the tourney the following season?
We won't mention our exact near miss of 1995. I have a hat from 1994 that can never be worn.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 5th, 2010, 8:08 am

Ants have decided to invade my bathroom, by the thousands. They are all coming in from the cold. I welcomed them with a can of Raid. The can says "Kills up to 12 Weeks". In three months, am I going to have a bunch of zombie ants looking for revenge? :-s I'd feel better if I knew they'd be killed permanently.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 5th, 2010, 8:21 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Ants have decided to invade my bathroom, by the thousands. They are all coming in from the cold. I welcomed them with a can of Raid. The can says "Kills up to 12 Weeks". In three months, am I going to have a bunch of zombie ants looking for revenge? :-s I'd feel better if I knew they'd be killed permanently.
In 12 weeks it will be warm and they will be zombies outside where they belong :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 5th, 2010, 9:34 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Ants have decided to invade my bathroom, by the thousands. They are all coming in from the cold. I welcomed them with a can of Raid. The can says "Kills up to 12 Weeks". In three months, am I going to have a bunch of zombie ants looking for revenge? :-s I'd feel better if I knew they'd be killed permanently.
Are they the little tiny sugar ants? If so, the best thing for those are the liquid traps. They're orange, and you can buy them at Lowe's or Home Depot. These destroy them in no time flat. You just open them and stick them along the trails that they follow.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 5th, 2010, 9:42 am

Good morning! :coffee:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 5th, 2010, 9:49 am

bjornolf wrote:
Are they the little tiny sugar ants? If so, the best thing for those are the liquid traps. They're orange, and you can buy them at Lowe's or Home Depot. These destroy them in no time flat. You just open them and stick them along the trails that they follow.

%%-
I tried those. My ants laughed at them.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 5th, 2010, 9:57 am

good morning all. i have actually been up for several hours. my day is full. must think about getting started.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 5th, 2010, 10:09 am

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:quote="TillyGalore"

That explains why he came home the day before school. Thought Saturday would have been a better day so both boys could recoup from their trip before getting back into the swing of things. /quote

Yes, reasonable minds agree.

We are not dealing with a rational person, here. And when I told ExLax that when I scheduled the next trip for Christian that I was going to bring him back on Saturday, he said, "Christian isn't going to be happy about that."

This isn't a kid decision. This is an adult decision, made by parents. I don't care whether Christian is happy that he must fly home on Saturday rather than Sunday. I do care that Christian arrives home at a decent hour, so that he can be ready and focused for school because that is his job as a 12 year old kid.

GAH! I just want to tie ExLax up by his male reproductive system with piano wire and fly him from a flag pole in front of the airport.
Sounds like ExLax is trying to pull the Good Cop-Bad Cop routine, with you in the role of Bad Cop. What a winner. Need me to find some piano wire for you? :ymdevil:
Yes! And you guys could send a couple of well-placed shin kicks to California on my behalf, as well. :Police:
Sending them again - they were sent yesterday without being asked. :Police: :D
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 5th, 2010, 10:27 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote: I tried those. My ants laughed at them.
You must not have the little sugar ants. I've never seen a sugar ant that could resist those.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » January 5th, 2010, 10:41 am

Get this stuff. I personally guarantee. It kills damn near everything, including evil spirits.
http://www.bengal.com/
:twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » January 5th, 2010, 10:46 am

Lavabe wrote:I guess the Holes will move up in the rankings. They're the only team that ever moves up in the rankings every time they lose.

Here are the excuses offered on Franklin St:
1) No Ginyard
2) Roy's sling is preventing him from venting at the refs
3) The CoC spiked their athletic drink
4) CoC is the toughest 8-6 team in the country
5) Daniel Ewing was distracting the Hole free throw shooters
6) Dam* NCAA rules wouldn't let Jordan get into the game.
7) The weather
8) The strip of red on the uni's is just pure bad luck
9) The CoC plays in a much tougher conference than the ACC
10) Since when do we have to play with a shot clock?

Boo Ho Ho Ho!! :)) :)) :))
I hole-heartedly agree with these reasons. I'd only add that Roy wasn't able to have all the crowd on his side.
devildeac wrote: And they only shot 30 more FT than the CofC
'Son of...' also made note of this phenomena. :twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 5th, 2010, 11:32 am

captmojo wrote:
Lavabe wrote:I guess the Holes will move up in the rankings. They're the only team that ever moves up in the rankings every time they lose.

Here are the excuses offered on Franklin St:
1) No Ginyard
2) Roy's sling is preventing him from venting at the refs
3) The CoC spiked their athletic drink
4) CoC is the toughest 8-6 team in the country
5) Daniel Ewing was distracting the Hole free throw shooters
6) Dam* NCAA rules wouldn't let Jordan get into the game.
7) The weather
8) The strip of red on the uni's is just pure bad luck
9) The CoC plays in a much tougher conference than the ACC
10) Since when do we have to play with a shot clock?

Boo Ho Ho Ho!! :)) :)) :))
I hole-heartedly agree with these reasons. I'd only add that Roy wasn't able to have all the crowd on his side.
devildeac wrote: And they only shot 30 more FT than the CofC
'Son of...' also made note of this phenomena. :twitch:
See bold above - wouldn't that have just required silence from the stands and sneaker sounds on the floor?
Life is good!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 5th, 2010, 1:44 pm

Very true.

So do I - every single year.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 5th, 2010, 2:42 pm

Oh baby...

Kool & the Gang are performing at halftime for the Orange Bowl.

%-(
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 5th, 2010, 2:55 pm

Lavabe wrote:Oh baby...

Kool & the Gang are performing at halftime for the Orange Bowl.

%-(
That's awesome! \:d/
Too bad it's not The Village People, they have their own smilies.
:Police: :chief: :rivet: :cowboy: The guy dressed in black leather doesn't have a smilie, so here's batman. :batman: There's no sailor smilie either, so here's an anchor. :anchor:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 5th, 2010, 3:20 pm

Sweetie Pie and I are finally seeing Avatar tonight. We were supposed to go Sunday, but someone decided that basketball was more important than a date. :D
Anyways...looking forward to it. Stepsons saw it opening weekend and loved it, they even brought home a coupon for 2 drinks and big tub of popcorn for us.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 5th, 2010, 3:24 pm

i have used vinegar to help control ants. i it did help. i wiped down the areas i found them on.