LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 4th, 2010, 10:33 am

I'm hungry.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 4th, 2010, 11:14 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: Is there a curling team? Could we, perhaps, form a CrazieTalk curling team?
Colchar will have to be captain.
Travel to practices could be a problem. :D
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 4th, 2010, 11:22 am

DukeUsul wrote:Speaking of cold, MrsUsul just went out to our freezer in the garage to inventory our food before going shopping. All the ice cream and bread dough that is in the freezer is soft. The meat is still hard. We have no idea if something happened and stuff thawed. Power didn't appear to go out while we were gone. Out of an abundance of caution, we'll probably toss it all. Thankfully, she bought most of it on super discounts, so we probably spent less than $100 on what's in there.

:( :( :( :( :(
If it has power, it sounds like the compressor (or maybe it just needs to be recharged). If the meat is hard, leave it shut, no need to toss it until you get someone to look at it. Or you could ship it all to Colchar and he can keep it for you on his roof or porch.
I'm closer if you want to ship it to Kansas. It is supposed to be below 0 tonight and -15 later on this week.

It was around 10-15 degrees for the annual trek in the woods on New Year's day.
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 4th, 2010, 11:28 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'm hungry.
Me too. Time to go get lunch.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 4th, 2010, 11:50 am

TillyGalore wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'm hungry.
Me too. Time to go get lunch.
I'm cured. I made two turkey-pastrami sandwiches.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 4th, 2010, 12:14 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I got home at a few minutes after 2 this morning.

I won't be using the travel agent who booked the kids' Thanksgiving and Christmas travel EVER again.
:( :(

Are you sending Christian to school today, or are you letting him sleep in?
Letting him sleep in would reward his :poo: :poo: :poo: buttwipe father :poo: :poo: :poo: for bad behavior in scheduling such an atrocious itinerary.

Nope. I hauled Christian out of bed at 7:40 this morning and got him ready for carpool, which arrived promptly at 8:00.

The kid needs to remember how miserable he felt when he returned from CA so that he won't object to my scheduling reasonable flight dates and times for his next court-ordered trip to see his father.

Anyway, I had court at 8:30 this morning, so I needed Christian to be up and outta there so that I could go to work. Court went fairly well this morning. It was the judge's birthday, and my client had done everything he was supposed to do--except for one itty bitty detail that we've attempted to remedy, so we were all pleasantly surprised.

I imagine that Christian and I will go to sleep about 7:30 tonight.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 4th, 2010, 12:44 pm

CathyCA wrote: The kid needs to remember how miserable he felt when he returned from CA so that he won't object to my scheduling reasonable flight dates and times for his next court-ordered trip to see his father.
That explains why he came home the day before school. Thought Saturday would have been a better day so both boys could recoup from their trip before getting back into the swing of things.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 4th, 2010, 1:07 pm

bjornolf wrote:I thought the dude on bass was awesome. That game was KILLING me. It seemed every time I thought I was gonna see Duke, they went to ANOTHER overtime. I found myself screaming, "Good Lord you inept idiots! SOMEBODY win!" I mean, I think between OT 1 and 2, they were stuck at 87-87 for like four minutes.
%%-
I'll ask you what I asked on the chat last night: What aspect of the game was killing you?
A) The band
B) The scoreboard message "Make Some Noise" while they pipe in Zombie Nation
C) The inept free throw shooting
D) The announcers
E) All of the above
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 4th, 2010, 1:12 pm

Lavabe wrote:
bjornolf wrote:I thought the dude on bass was awesome. That game was KILLING me. It seemed every time I thought I was gonna see Duke, they went to ANOTHER overtime. I found myself screaming, "Good Lord you inept idiots! SOMEBODY win!" I mean, I think between OT 1 and 2, they were stuck at 87-87 for like four minutes.
%%-
I'll ask you what I asked on the chat last night: What aspect of the game was killing you?
A) The band
D) The announcers
E) All of the above
B, C, and E. I give gramps on the bass his props.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 4th, 2010, 1:27 pm

Lavabe wrote:
%%-
A) The band
D) The announcers
E) All of the above
Mostly the fact that I missed almost the entire first half of the Duke game because nobody could get there damn act together and win the stupid game. If either team had scored ONE more point in either regulation or the first OT, and I'd have seen a LOT more of the game I really wanted to see. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 4th, 2010, 1:29 pm

Lavabe wrote:
%%-
A) The band
D) The announcers
E) All of the above

E - all of the above except for Gramps on the bass.....he was rocking the house!
Only the fine company in Section 21 kept me from hurling something at my TV set.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 4th, 2010, 1:34 pm

windsor wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
%%-
A) The band
D) The announcers
E) All of the above

E - all of the above except for Gramps on the bass.....he was rocking the house!
Only the fine company in Section 21 kept me from hurling something at my TV set.
Windsor, it's great to have you back. I've missed you!!!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 4th, 2010, 1:50 pm

Lavabe wrote:Why is curling considered a Winter Olympic sport?
Because the IOC decided it was? Enough countries play the sport for it to be included.
Can Martin Brodeur win the gold?

This can't be a serious question.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 4th, 2010, 1:51 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
CathyCA wrote: The kid needs to remember how miserable he felt when he returned from CA so that he won't object to my scheduling reasonable flight dates and times for his next court-ordered trip to see his father.
That explains why he came home the day before school. Thought Saturday would have been a better day so both boys could recoup from their trip before getting back into the swing of things.
Yes, reasonable minds agree.

We are not dealing with a rational person, here. And when I told ExLax that when I scheduled the next trip for Christian that I was going to bring him back on Saturday, he said, "Christian isn't going to be happy about that."

This isn't a kid decision. This is an adult decision, made by parents. I don't care whether Christian is happy that he must fly home on Saturday rather than Sunday. I do care that Christian arrives home at a decent hour, so that he can be ready and focused for school because that is his job as a 12 year old kid.

GAH! I just want to tie ExLax up by his male reproductive system with piano wire and fly him from a flag pole in front of the airport.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 4th, 2010, 1:52 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I used to really enjoy watching the Olympics. But, the good stuff is on late, and there are soooooo many commercial breaks that now it's not fun anymore. Plus, the skating announcers talk, talk, talk throughout each performance, and make negative comments when a skater falls. They too have ruined the experience for me. I wish I could mute the announcers.

They are in British Columbia this year so they will make sure all of the heavily watched events are on in prime time.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 4th, 2010, 1:52 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Anyone else looking forward to the Winter Olympics? :-B
Yes! I love the Olympics, when do they start? January or February? My favorite is the boblsed, and while I think figure skating is pretty boring altogether, when it's done at that high level of talent and skill it's fascinating.
February 12-28.

Oh yeah... they're in Vancouver, BC... in CANADA!!

I hear it's really cold in Canada. :)) =)) =)) =)) :)) :))

Not out there on the Left Coast it isn't.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 4th, 2010, 1:53 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Good morning, Lavabe.

Yep, looking forward to the Olympics. I like the hockey, the bobsled/luge, and some of the skiing. My wife likes the figure skating. She still tells the story about how I tortured her last time. She was REALLY sick with the flu. She was lying in bed watching QVC. I came in to see how she was, and I sat with her for a while. I was looking for some Olympic coverage for her, and the only thing I could find was curling. I switched it over to that. A few minutes later, I left, leaving the remote on my nightstand. She sat there watching curling for four hours, not having the energy to crawl to the remote. She still gives me trouble for that, saying that was spousal abuse, pure and simple.

%%-
I love curling. It is the only sport that will let me dream that I, too, could be in the Olympics. Of course, I need to learn how to curl. But there was someone over a decade older than me on the US team last Olympics, so I could do it.

Curling rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 4th, 2010, 1:57 pm

Lavabe wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:I love curling. It is the only sport that will let me dream that I, too, could be in the Olympics. Of course, I need to learn how to curl. But there was someone over a decade older than me on the US team last Olympics, so I could do it.
Who exactly are the big powers in curling, other than Canada?

Scotland. They play as Scotland at the World Championships, etc. and it is always a Scottish team that represents Britain at the Olympics (basically because it isn't played much in England). The Swedes are also very very good as are the Norwegians. Germany and Switzerland have reasonably decent teams. China has decided to make a push in curling (just as they have in most other sports) and, surprisingly, a couple of their rinks are pretty good - not world beaters or anything, but respectable. Finland and Denmark are also reasonable.

Here is a link to the current world rankings:

http://www.worldcurling.org/rankings-men-and-women
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 4th, 2010, 1:57 pm

colchar wrote:Curling rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 4th, 2010, 1:57 pm

ArkieDukie wrote: Is there a curling team? Could we, perhaps, form a CrazieTalk curling team?

We should.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------