Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by colchar » January 3rd, 2010, 3:12 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Speaking of cold, MrsUsul just went out to our freezer in the garage to inventory our food before going shopping. All the ice cream and bread dough that is in the freezer is soft. The meat is still hard. We have no idea if something happened and stuff thawed. Power didn't appear to go out while we were gone. Out of an abundance of caution, we'll probably toss it all. Thankfully, she bought most of it on super discounts, so we probably spent less than $100 on what's in there.

:( :( :( :( :(
If it has power, it sounds like the compressor (or maybe it just needs to be recharged). If the meat is hard, leave it shut, no need to toss it until you get someone to look at it. Or you could ship it all to Colchar and he can keep it for you on his roof or porch.
That wouldn't work because, apparently, it isn't cold in Canada.

Well it is cold enough to keep meat frozen if it is left outside. Ship it on up, I'll take care of it for ya.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 3rd, 2010, 3:14 pm

colchar wrote: Thanks for the abridged version but would you care to expand a bit on the "Lavabe tried to kill me and devildeac" part? Sounds like I missed something good. Did the two of you make some veiled threats against lemurs or something?
Lavabe gave us some homemaded pickled peppers. They are deadly. :flame:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 3rd, 2010, 3:17 pm

Sweetie Pie sent home some Domino's pizza for lunch. This is the new recipe. If this what they came up with as an improvement, I'm not sure why they bothered.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 3rd, 2010, 3:20 pm

colchar wrote: Thanks for the abridged version but would you care to expand a bit on the "Lavabe tried to kill me and devildeac" part? Sounds like I missed something good. Did the two of you make some veiled threats against lemurs or something?

Ah, fair enough. So it was an attempt to kill you that was disguised as an act of kindness. Well played Lavabe, well played.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 3rd, 2010, 3:21 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Sweetie Pie sent home some Domino's pizza for lunch. This is the new recipe. If this what they came up with as an improvement, I'm not sure why they bothered.

I've noticed that virtually every new and improved version of a food product is nowhere near as good as the original it is designed to replace. Anyone else noticed the same thing?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 3rd, 2010, 3:44 pm

colchar wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Sweetie Pie sent home some Domino's pizza for lunch. This is the new recipe. If this what they came up with as an improvement, I'm not sure why they bothered.

I've noticed that virtually every new and improved version of a food product is nowhere near as good as the original it is designed to replace. Anyone else noticed the same thing?
I'd agree...except that in Domino's case, their original sucked. They've got all these ads and stories out about how they've listened to their customers and have changed. They listened, and then came up with a product just as shitty.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 3rd, 2010, 3:50 pm

colchar wrote:Sweetie Pie sent home some Domino's pizza for lunch. This is the new recipe. If this what they came up with as an improvement, I'm not sure why they bothered.
I'd agree...except that in Domino's case, their original sucked. They've got all these ads and stories out about how they've listened to their customers and have changed. They listened, and then came up with a product just as shitty.
I thought the original Domino's, maybe back in the 1980s, was pretty good. The very few times I've had it in the last 10 years, which isn't many and never at home, I thought it dry and tasteless. But then, at a game a few weeks ago, I had a couple of slices before the game when DD and I were running late and didn't have time to stop and get something before the game. These were the slices, sold by the slice, in the Hall of Honor. They had lots of sauce on them, plenty of pepperoni's, and were good. I was very surprised! Don't know if they make those pizzas any different than what other stores deliver or not.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 3rd, 2010, 4:38 pm

colchar wrote:

Ah, fair enough. So it was an attempt to kill you that was disguised as an act of kindness. Well played Lavabe, well played.
Let's just say that the peppers are more effective at easing congestion than is the Mucinex I am having to take right now.
:flame:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 4th, 2010, 12:20 am

Quiet in here tonight. Wonder why... :D

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 4th, 2010, 7:24 am

Good morning, everyone. ~O)
I worship the Blue Devil!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 4th, 2010, 7:25 am

9F, baby!

I believe it hit 9 degrees above zero. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 4th, 2010, 7:28 am

The flutes and piccolos(sp?) really dominated the Wake Alumni band last night. So did the dude on bass.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 4th, 2010, 7:41 am

Lavabe wrote:The flutes and piccolos(sp?) really dominated the Wake Alumni band last night. So did the dude on bass.
I thought the dude on bass was awesome. That game was KILLING me. It seemed every time I thought I was gonna see Duke, they went to ANOTHER overtime. I found myself screaming, "Good Lord you inept idiots! SOMEBODY win!" I mean, I think between OT 1 and 2, they were stuck at 87-87 for like four minutes.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 4th, 2010, 8:17 am

I got home at a few minutes after 2 this morning.

I won't be using the travel agent who booked the kids' Thanksgiving and Christmas travel EVER again.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 4th, 2010, 8:23 am

CathyCA wrote:I got home at a few minutes after 2 this morning.

I won't be using the travel agent who booked the kids' Thanksgiving and Christmas travel EVER again.
:( :(

Are you sending Christian to school today, or are you letting him sleep in?
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 4th, 2010, 8:54 am

Lavabe wrote:The flutes and piccolos(sp?) really dominated the Wake Alumni band last night. So did the dude on bass.
Speaking of flutes, our flute section last night was phenomenal! ;) Who were those gorgeous women? OH! They were DukePA and Jillybeans!

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 4th, 2010, 8:59 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Speaking of flutes, our flute section last night was phenomenal! ;) Who were those gorgeous women? OH! They were DukePA and Jillybeans!
Jillybeans? :Think: :veryconfused:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 4th, 2010, 9:20 am

devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
jillbeans is jill, dukepa's classmate. she has been to a brunchgate or 2. she turned the music for dukepa. :)) :))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 4th, 2010, 9:27 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Speaking of flutes, our flute section last night was phenomenal! ;) Who were those gorgeous women? OH! They were DukePA and Jillybeans!
jillbeans is jill, dukepa's classmate. she has been to a brunchgate or 2. she turned the music for dukepa. :)) :))
Ah.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 4th, 2010, 9:34 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Speaking of flutes, our flute section last night was phenomenal! ;) Who were those gorgeous women? OH! They were DukePA and Jillybeans!
Ha! I was wondering...I hadn't heard that she played flute, too. :))