LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Vibes needed for bjornolf mama...

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 3rd, 2010, 11:06 am

ArkieDukie wrote: Yea, but did you do that just by clicking on the image or with script/characters from the keyboard? Seriously.
Devildeac, if you look in the comments above yours when you quote someone's post you'll see the keyboard commands. The beer mug is the word beer between two colons. Do it just like you did the wizard smilie, but replace it with the word beer. :beer: :wizard: (hmmm ... beer vibes ... )[/quote]
I only see the smilies when I see quotes. Strange. Anyways...more vibes. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 3rd, 2010, 11:08 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:This has been one of the most fun days on CTN in a long time. :D
Probably not so much for CB&B, though. :coffee: :beer: :beer: :beer: :D
It was a lot of geeky fun for me too. :-B
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 3rd, 2010, 11:26 am

I found out I could re-arrange the smilies, now some are on the posting page that weren't before...like :wizard: , and 8-X is back so he's easier to find. :D
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 3rd, 2010, 11:28 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I found out I could re-arrange the smilies, now some are on the posting page that weren't before...like :wizard: , and 8-X is back so he's easier to find. :D
Interesting. 8-X and :joking: are next to each other. Freudian slip? Perhaps! =)) =)) :wizard:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » January 3rd, 2010, 12:06 pm

Speaking of cold, MrsUsul just went out to our freezer in the garage to inventory our food before going shopping. All the ice cream and bread dough that is in the freezer is soft. The meat is still hard. We have no idea if something happened and stuff thawed. Power didn't appear to go out while we were gone. Out of an abundance of caution, we'll probably toss it all. Thankfully, she bought most of it on super discounts, so we probably spent less than $100 on what's in there.

:( :( :( :( :(
-- DukeUsul
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 3rd, 2010, 12:13 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Speaking of cold, MrsUsul just went out to our freezer in the garage to inventory our food before going shopping. All the ice cream and bread dough that is in the freezer is soft. The meat is still hard. We have no idea if something happened and stuff thawed. Power didn't appear to go out while we were gone. Out of an abundance of caution, we'll probably toss it all. Thankfully, she bought most of it on super discounts, so we probably spent less than $100 on what's in there.

If it has power, it sounds like the compressor (or maybe it just needs to be recharged). If the meat is hard, leave it shut, no need to toss it until you get someone to look at it. Or you could ship it all to Colchar and he can keep it for you on his roof or porch.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 3rd, 2010, 12:32 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:
bjornolf wrote: Like this one? :beer:

%%-
Yea, but did you do that just by clicking on the image or with script/characters from the keyboard? Seriously.
Devildeac, if you look in the comments above yours when you quote someone's post you'll see the keyboard commands. The beer mug is the word beer between two colons. Do it just like you did the wizard smilie, but replace it with the word beer. :beer: :wizard: (hmmm ... beer vibes ... )
I have seen it both ways with just smilies and with keyboard commands, too. Let's see here:

:beer:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 3rd, 2010, 12:33 pm

devildeac wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:Yea, but did you do that just by clicking on the image or with script/characters from the keyboard? Seriously.
Devildeac, if you look in the comments above yours when you quote someone's post you'll see the keyboard commands. The beer mug is the word beer between two colons. Do it just like you did the wizard smilie, but replace it with the word beer. :beer: :wizard: (hmmm ... beer vibes ... )
I have seen it both ways with just smilies and with keyboard commands, too. Let's see here:

Yep, it worked.
And I got 2 posts out of it ;) :D.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 3rd, 2010, 12:44 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I found out I could re-arrange the smilies, now some are on the posting page that weren't before...like :wizard: , and 8-X is back so he's easier to find. :D
:ymhug:
:ymapplause:
and
^:)^
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 3rd, 2010, 12:45 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Speaking of cold, MrsUsul just went out to our freezer in the garage to inventory our food before going shopping. All the ice cream and bread dough that is in the freezer is soft. The meat is still hard. We have no idea if something happened and stuff thawed. Power didn't appear to go out while we were gone. Out of an abundance of caution, we'll probably toss it all. Thankfully, she bought most of it on super discounts, so we probably spent less than $100 on what's in there.

If it has power, it sounds like the compressor (or maybe it just needs to be recharged). If the meat is hard, leave it shut, no need to toss it until you get someone to look at it. Or you could ship it all to Colchar and he can keep it for you on his roof or porch.
:)) =))
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 3rd, 2010, 1:09 pm

devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: Devildeac, if you look in the comments above yours when you quote someone's post you'll see the keyboard commands. The beer mug is the word beer between two colons. Do it just like you did the wizard smilie, but replace it with the word beer. :beer: :wizard: (hmmm ... beer vibes ... )

Yep, it worked.
And I got 2 posts out of it ;) :D.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 3rd, 2010, 1:13 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Interesting. 8-X and :joking: are next to each other. Freudian slip? Perhaps! =)) =)) :wizard:
It's 8-X and the name of his street :joking: .

They belong together.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 3rd, 2010, 1:20 pm

You're smart to take the cautious route and just accept the loss rather than risk eating something that might have thawed. Chances are the meat never thawed out but why take that chance?

That's happened to my parents on more than one occasion and it sucks as they usually buy things in large quantities (when on sale or whatever) and then freeze it until needed. They've lost a ton of food due to either power outages or freezer breakdowns. Thankfully, for the really big losses they just claimed it on their house insurance. Now they've got my freezer there as I have no room for it here so they have a backup in case their freezer breaks down.

This reminds me of the great blackout from a few years ago (and no, despite reports to the contrary, that was not Canada's fault as the problem originated in Ohio NOT anywhere in Canada!) during which we had an amazing BBQ just trying not to lose all kinds of food that was in the fridge and freezer.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 3rd, 2010, 1:21 pm

I haven't been keeping up with this thread lately. Does anyone feel like giving me an update on the last 20-30 pages? An abridged version will be fine...
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 3rd, 2010, 1:28 pm

colchar wrote:I haven't been keeping up with this thread lately. Does anyone feel like giving me an update on the last 20-30 pages? An abridged version will be fine...
I can tell you it snowed for some, for others it was cold, for some it was cold and snowy. Every morning people woke up, and for some reason thought that morning was a good morning. Lavabe tried to kill me and devildeac. It was decided that the announcers at the winter olympics should get laryngitis. The '72 Dolphins record still stands. Haircuts and the prospect of haircuts were discussed. Somebody updated the website, and fugged it all up.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 3rd, 2010, 1:32 pm

colchar wrote:I haven't been keeping up with this thread lately. Does anyone feel like giving me an update on the last 20-30 pages? An abridged version will be fine...
I can tell you it snowed for some, for others it was cold, for some it was cold and snowy. Every morning people woke up, and for some reason thought that morning was a good morning. Lavabe tried to kill me and devildeac. It was decided that the announcers at the winter olympics should get laryngitis. The '72 Dolphins record still stands. Haircuts and the prospect of haircuts were discussed. Somebody updated the website, and fugged it all up.
You forgot this: ~O)
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » January 3rd, 2010, 1:33 pm

That wouldn't work because, apparently, it isn't cold in Canada.
-- DukeUsul
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 3rd, 2010, 2:21 pm

:)) =))
:ymapplause:
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » January 3rd, 2010, 2:39 pm

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
It's 8-X and the name of his street :joking: .

They belong together.
Very good my sweet! ;) :-BD
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 3rd, 2010, 3:11 pm

Thanks for the abridged version but would you care to expand a bit on the "Lavabe tried to kill me and devildeac" part? Sounds like I missed something good. Did the two of you make some veiled threats against lemurs or something?
Last edited by colchar on January 3rd, 2010, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------