LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Re: Sipping champagne

Post by TillyGalore » December 27th, 2009, 9:52 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Please join me and my boys - Larry Csonka, Jimmy Kiick, Bob Griese, Paul Warfield, et. al., in drinking a toast as the last undefeated team in the NFL goes down in flames! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: Thank you NY Jets! How they could lose last week and then beat the Colts is one of life's great mysteries, but I'm glad it happened!

Here's to the 1972 Miami Dolphins, and the 17 - 0 perfect season!
Yay! Can't believe it was the Jets that took down Indy. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I worship the Blue Devil!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » December 27th, 2009, 10:50 pm

(-|
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 27th, 2009, 10:54 pm

devildeac wrote:(-|
It's not even late enough to claim insomnia.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: What a nice surprise

Post by CathyCA » December 27th, 2009, 11:16 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Just as we had decided where to go for dinner tonight, my cell phone rang, with a familiar name on the caller ID. It was 8-x and CathyCA. They had been in Smithfield shopping at the outlets, and had wandered a mile or two west onto my street and were looking for my house! We ended up all going to the local Applebee's for dinner. The company was fantastic, but the food was, well, Applebee's.
Thanks for stopping by!
Thanks for accommodating your drop-in guests. It was great to visit with you guys.

There is no way that we could have come THAT close to your house and not stop or call.

Sam enjoyed my leftovers. Although he gets free dinners at work, after serving it all night, he's just not interested in eating what he's been serving to everyone else.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 28th, 2009, 12:49 am

TillyGalore wrote:Yay! Can't believe it was the Jets that took down Indy. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Meanwhile, li'l ol' Baltimore flubbed it vs. the Steelers, forcing bizarre final week wild card action in the AFC.

Can anyone explain to me how the J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS might make it into the playoffs? ~x(
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 28th, 2009, 5:55 am

Good Morning, all. ~o)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 28th, 2009, 7:48 am

bjornolf wrote:Good Morning, all. ~o)

%%-
No it's not. It's "back to work" day. Everyone else in my house still has a week off. Slackers.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 28th, 2009, 8:14 am

Lavabe wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Yay! Can't believe it was the Jets that took down Indy. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Meanwhile, li'l ol' Baltimore flubbed it vs. the Steelers, forcing bizarre final week wild card action in the AFC.

Can anyone explain to me how the J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS might make it into the playoffs? ~x(
I was very disappointed with Baltimore. They had a lot of stupid, unnecessary penalties. It was very frustrating to watch the game. I did declare at one point that Baltimore did not deserve to with the game as they played so poorly.
I worship the Blue Devil!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 28th, 2009, 8:24 am

I have a question for my good buddy DukeUsul, or any of the others of you that understand NFL rules better than I. During the painful debacle last night of my Skins rolling over and presenting themselves to the Cowboys, though not as badly as the Giants did for the Panthers, the announcers kept saying that if the Cowboys won out, they'd win the division. They didn't say "could" they said "would". They said this MULTIPLE times. If the 'boys and the Iggles win out, the Iggles will be 12-4 and the Cowboys will be 11-5. Wouldn't that mean the Iggles win the division? I'm just very confused here. Please set me straight. I didn't think division record or tie-breakers mattered unless you had the equal record in the end.

BTW, Dave, I'll DEFINITELY be pulling for your Iggles. I may not be a big fan, but I have NO compunction pulling for them over the 'boys. I'm still hoping the 'boys lose in the first round of the playoffs and go 13 years without a win. That's the only thing I can say for my Skins. They've won two playoff games since the last one the 'boys won.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 28th, 2009, 8:37 am

good morning all. :) cbab, sorry your not off this week. :(
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » December 28th, 2009, 10:02 am

I post because I can...not at work today.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 28th, 2009, 10:02 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I post because I can...not at work today.
Though I am logged in from home.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 28th, 2009, 11:00 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
Though I am logged in from home.
I am logged in from hither and thither. This is my 4th computer/location this morning.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 28th, 2009, 11:54 am

bjornolf wrote:I have a question for my good buddy DukeUsul, or any of the others of you that understand NFL rules better than I. During the painful debacle last night of my Skins rolling over and presenting themselves to the Cowboys, though not as badly as the Giants did for the Panthers, the announcers kept saying that if the Cowboys won out, they'd win the division. They didn't say "could" they said "would". They said this MULTIPLE times. If the 'boys and the Iggles win out, the Iggles will be 12-4 and the Cowboys will be 11-5. Wouldn't that mean the Iggles win the division? I'm just very confused here. Please set me straight. I didn't think division record or tie-breakers mattered unless you had the equal record in the end.

BTW, Dave, I'll DEFINITELY be pulling for your Iggles. I may not be a big fan, but I have NO compunction pulling for them over the 'boys. I'm still hoping the 'boys lose in the first round of the playoffs and go 13 years without a win. That's the only thing I can say for my Skins. They've won two playoff games since the last one the 'boys won.

%%-
I believe they play each other next weekend so they both can't win out. I don't follow the NFL much but I think that the Iggles win the division even if they lose to the 'boys.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 28th, 2009, 11:58 am

:-bd
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 28th, 2009, 12:04 pm

devildeac wrote:
bjornolf wrote:I have a question for my good buddy DukeUsul, or any of the others of you that understand NFL rules better than I. During the painful debacle last night of my Skins rolling over and presenting themselves to the Cowboys, though not as badly as the Giants did for the Panthers, the announcers kept saying that if the Cowboys won out, they'd win the division. They didn't say "could" they said "would". They said this MULTIPLE times. If the 'boys and the Iggles win out, the Iggles will be 12-4 and the Cowboys will be 11-5. Wouldn't that mean the Iggles win the division? I'm just very confused here. Please set me straight. I didn't think division record or tie-breakers mattered unless you had the equal record in the end.

%%-
I believe they play each other next weekend so they both can't win out. I don't follow the NFL much but I think that the Iggles win the division even if they lose to the 'boys.
Actually, Dallas beat Philly in Dallas, so if Dallas wins, then they'd have the same record and they'd have swept Philly in the head-to-head, so it makes sense now. Needless to say, I'll be pulling hard for the Iggles next weekend!

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 28th, 2009, 12:45 pm

I've never been a fan of the teams from the city of Brotherly Love, in fact you might call me a Lover Hater.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » December 28th, 2009, 2:05 pm

bjornolf wrote:
devildeac wrote:

%%-
Actually, Dallas beat Philly in Dallas, so if Dallas wins, then they'd have the same record and they'd have swept Philly in the head-to-head, so it makes sense now. Needless to say, I'll be pulling hard for the Iggles next weekend!

%%-
Yup. What you guys said. I of course was pulling for the Skins last night. :(
-- DukeUsul
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 28th, 2009, 7:31 pm

bjornolf wrote:
devildeac wrote:

%%-

%%-
Yep, my cursory reading blending projections that if the Iggles win and the Vikes lose 1 of 2, then the Birds have a bye with division championship aspirations. Like I said, I don't follow the NFL real closely. Didn't the league have a team with an undefeated season sometime recently? :roll:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 28th, 2009, 7:59 pm

devildeac wrote: Didn't the league have a team with an undefeated season sometime recently? :roll:
Regular season, but the Patriots blew it when it counted most and lost the Super Bowl to Cutcliffe coached Eli Manning and the Giants.