LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 26th, 2009, 8:28 pm

The Spongebob Squarepants episode that is the origin of my signature is coming on Nick at 9pm tonight. "Dying For Pie". Damn funny stuff.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 26th, 2009, 9:26 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Pittsburgh 19 - Holes 17

Boo hoo hoo! ;)
Boo HO-HO-HO! :ymapplause:
I'm, glad at least you can quit after 3 HOs...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 27th, 2009, 12:54 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Finally home after an adventurous day. A neighbor of my mom's who has worked on their cars (including the explorer when they owned it) came with us to help with the belt. Good thing, there was a pulley that had gone bad, which was why the belt broke. So we got that part as well, and he put both on for us, and we made it on our merry way to Durham to see my dad. After a short visit (too short), I had to get on back to get stepson to work. Now it's beer tasting time!
Ahem, I believe that pulley is called a "tensioner." <---- I know WAAAAAY too much about serpentine belts and tensioners. :-B

I'm glad that you got your car fixed and had that visit with your dad. And how bad can it be to go home to the BEACH?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 27th, 2009, 6:19 am

Good Morning, everyone. ~o)

Y'all are usually so on the ball. I'm surprised that no one has noticed the little change I made Christmas eve. Ah, well, too subtle I guess. ;) Either that or WAY too much egg nog for you guys. :ymparty:

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 27th, 2009, 6:43 am

bjornolf wrote:Good Morning, everyone. ~o)

Y'all are usually so on the ball. I'm surprised that no one has noticed the little change I made Christmas eve. Ah, well, too subtle I guess. ;) Either that or WAY too much egg nog for you guys. :ymparty:

%%-
good morning to you. you wouldn't be referring to the pic in the left hand corner would you? :)) :)) :))
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » December 27th, 2009, 8:18 am

I wonder if they will put egg nog on sale...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 27th, 2009, 9:24 am

bjornolf wrote:Good Morning, everyone. ~o)

%%-
I just noticed it yesterday :ymblushing: .

Pretty cool. An action avatar.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 27th, 2009, 9:58 am

CathyCA wrote:
Ahem, I believe that pulley is called a "tensioner." <---- I know WAAAAAY too much about serpentine belts and tensioners. :-B

I'm glad that you got your car fixed and had that visit with your dad. And how bad can it be to go home to the BEACH?
Very close..it was the "idler pulley". Bearings wore out, the pulley locked up, and there went the belt. The tensioner pulley is the other one that commonly goes, but luckily was ok because it is the harder one to get to. I now know way too much about serpentine belts too...but I did make sure I paid attention on how it was put back on. Never know when I'll need to do it again.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 27th, 2009, 10:14 am

CathyCA wrote:

Very close..it was the "idler pulley". Bearings wore out, the pulley locked up, and there went the belt. The tensioner pulley is the other one that commonly goes, but luckily was ok because it is the harder one to get to. I now know way too much about serpentine belts too...but I did make sure I paid attention on how it was put back on. Never know when I'll need to do it again.
If you're driving a Chrysler product, you'll need to do it again in July 2010 when you're (1) out in the middle of nowhere; or (2) late to work; or (3) on vacation and the car is packed to the gills.

I'm not familiar with the idler pulley. Apparently, they don't have those on Chrysler minivans because if they did, I would have replaced mine 3 or 4 times. :))
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 27th, 2009, 4:04 pm

Ymmm!...Glazed spiraled ham!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

What a nice surprise

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 27th, 2009, 8:04 pm

Just as we had decided where to go for dinner tonight, my cell phone rang, with a familiar name on the caller ID. It was 8-x and CathyCA. They had been in Smithfield shopping at the outlets, and had wandered a mile or two west onto my street and were looking for my house! We ended up all going to the local Applebee's for dinner. The company was fantastic, but the food was, well, Applebee's.

Thanks for stopping by!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: What a nice surprise

Post by devildeac » December 27th, 2009, 8:08 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Just as we had decided where to go for dinner tonight, my cell phone rang, with a familiar name on the caller ID. It was 8-x and CathyCA. They had been in Smithfield shopping at the outlets, and had wandered a mile or two west onto my street and were looking for my house! We ended up all going to the local Applebee's for dinner. The company was fantastic, but the food was, well, Applebee's.

Thanks for stopping by!
Shoulda gone to Sami's or Angelo's (if they were open) :D .
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 27th, 2009, 8:08 pm

devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Just as we had decided where to go for dinner tonight, my cell phone rang, with a familiar name on the caller ID. It was 8-x and CathyCA. They had been in Smithfield shopping at the outlets, and had wandered a mile or two west onto my street and were looking for my house! We ended up all going to the local Applebee's for dinner. The company was fantastic, but the food was, well, Applebee's.

Thanks for stopping by!
Shoulda gone to Sami's or Angelo's (if they were open) :D .
Better food, but not good seating.

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 27th, 2009, 8:13 pm

Thanks for stopping by!
Very cool! By the way, the outlets in Selma, specifically JR, are the best place in the planet to load up on gifts on Christmas eve. That's the one Sweetie Pie and went to, but we've done the Burlington one on eve's in the past.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 27th, 2009, 8:31 pm

finally, i found a basketball game on tv. furman and south carolina. 649 on direct tv. 18 -11 sc. i might not watch too long. of course i want furman to win.,
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 27th, 2009, 8:47 pm

Thanks for stopping by!
Very cool! By the way, the outlets in Selma, specifically JR, are the best place in the planet to load up on gifts on Christmas eve. That's the one Sweetie Pie and went to, but we've done the Burlington one on eve's in the past.
You drove right past Sami's Pizza on the way to JR's. It's the the same building as the Mobil station on the corner of US 70 and JR Road (or whatever it's called). How come you didn't call when you were in town?

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Sipping champagne

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 27th, 2009, 8:53 pm

Please join me and my boys - Larry Csonka, Jimmy Kiick, Bob Griese, Paul Warfield, et. al., in drinking a toast as the last undefeated team in the NFL goes down in flames! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: Thank you NY Jets! How they could lose last week and then beat the Colts is one of life's great mysteries, but I'm glad it happened!

Here's to the 1972 Miami Dolphins, and the 17 - 0 perfect season!

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 27th, 2009, 9:03 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: You drove right past Sami's Pizza on the way to JR's. It's the the same building as the Mobil station on the corner of US 70 and JR Road (or whatever it's called). How come you didn't call when you were in town?
DD told us we were right there (after the fact). We would have called if we knew we would be stopping, but were on somewhat of a tight schedule and carrying two antsy dogs. (Good thing we didn't stay too long, since the car broke down just before sunset that day). But don't worry, there is a trip to Sami's in my future, I have to drive right by on my way to Durham from the beach.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Sipping champagne

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 27th, 2009, 9:04 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Here's to the 1972 Miami Dolphins, and the 17 - 0 perfect season!
I'll toast to that. I've enjoyed seeing that record stand as long as it has.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 27th, 2009, 9:10 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:finally, i found a basketball game on tv. furman and south carolina. 649 on direct tv. 18 -11 sc. i might not watch too long. of course i want furman to win.,
second half 32-30 sc.