LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » December 24th, 2009, 9:19 pm

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:Lavabe is about one good 3 minute PW session away from passing bjornolf...
And his laptop has been disinfected...
And he will have some beer samplings tonight...
Umm... that was a 13-minute PW session, not a 3-minute one.
Still awaiting those samplings.

Looking forward to trying the gift brews from Maison CBaB. I just received them today. Oh wow!! Ymm!! Thank you CBaB!! :-bd
You're slowing down in your old age.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 24th, 2009, 10:19 pm

captmojo wrote:
CathyCA wrote:My mom just drove over to my house to pick up Sam. She needs him to come over to her house to change over her television from the DVD player to the cable TV.

There are 7 other people at my mom's house and none of them can figure it out.
I just bought and installed a new TV at my mom's this past Monday and today she's complaining about the two black borders at the top and bottom of the screen for some shows and movies. :twitch:
It's hard to explain 'letterbox' wide screen to an 88 year old over the telephone. :twitch:
you are blessed to still have her as i'm sure you know. :)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 24th, 2009, 10:45 pm

I almost made it to Virginia today, we came up about 5 miles short. My battery light came on, we started overheating, and I noticed my power steering went out. I told Sweetie Pie "this is the exact same thing that happened when I was riding with Jake to Durham (DukePA's brother)". So I knew it was the serpentine belt. If we had been 6 miles further, we would have been way screwed, and part way up the mountain. Luckily, we broke down 50 feet from an exit ramp, and less than a half mile from a gas station, so I was able to limp in and park. Mom and one stepson made the 45 minute trip to come pick up us and our two dogs. Hopefully I will be able to find an autoparts place open Saturday morning. No fun in breaking down, but we couldn't have found a better spot to do it.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » December 24th, 2009, 11:30 pm

And to all a goodnight!
Class of 2014
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » December 24th, 2009, 11:39 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I almost made it to Virginia today, we came up about 5 miles short. My battery light came on, we started overheating, and I noticed my power steering went out. I told Sweetie Pie "this is the exact same thing that happened when I was riding with Jake to Durham (DukePA's brother)". So I knew it was the serpentine belt. If we had been 6 miles further, we would have been way screwed, and part way up the mountain. Luckily, we broke down 50 feet from an exit ramp, and less than a half mile from a gas station, so I was able to limp in and park. Mom and one stepson made the 45 minute trip to come pick up us and our two dogs. Hopefully I will be able to find an autoparts place open Saturday morning. No fun in breaking down, but we couldn't have found a better spot to do it.
Sorry to hear about this CB&B, but glad you are safe and with your family nice and warm!!! I stopped by my Mom and Dad's this evening to try and grab my Mom and coerce her into going to church with me, however, she was afraid of the ice still around (not to mention the snow) and she didn't want to risk it! So, I got the I95 heading south and came up on a car pulled over on the side of the highway (between Lorton and Woodbridge) and it was on FIRE!!!! There was already someone there to help (but no fire trucks) and I prayed that the person(s) were okay and that the car wouldn't blow up... fortunately as I topped the hill, I didn't hear or see any big booms!!!! Poor person to have that happen on Christmas Eve! Glad you are safe!!!! :ymhug: ;)
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 24th, 2009, 11:48 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I almost made it to Virginia today, we came up about 5 miles short. My battery light came on, we started overheating, and I noticed my power steering went out. I told Sweetie Pie "this is the exact same thing that happened when I was riding with Jake to Durham (DukePA's brother)". So I knew it was the serpentine belt. If we had been 6 miles further, we would have been way screwed, and part way up the mountain. Luckily, we broke down 50 feet from an exit ramp, and less than a half mile from a gas station, so I was able to limp in and park. Mom and one stepson made the 45 minute trip to come pick up us and our two dogs. Hopefully I will be able to find an autoparts place open Saturday morning. No fun in breaking down, but we couldn't have found a better spot to do it.
Sorry to hear about it, CBaB. Hopefully all will be well for the next day or so, and you can get this resolved on Saturday.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » December 24th, 2009, 11:50 pm

Rolvix wrote:And to all a goodnight!
Well, the fourth devildeac sampler has me knocked out. It's way too much.

Will sleep well... unlike my normal style insomnia.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 25th, 2009, 12:08 am

Sorry to hear this. Glad you were not stranded. Great to see you and Sweetie Pie today and thanks for the traders. Reviews to follow.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 25th, 2009, 12:10 am

Lavabe wrote:
Rolvix wrote:And to all a goodnight!
Well, the fourth devildeac sampler has me knocked out. It's way too much.

You had at least a taste of the 5th one...

Plus, you only had to walk down the hall. I had to walk/stagger up a flight of stairs...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 25th, 2009, 12:14 am

G'nite Lava-brew...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 25th, 2009, 12:15 am

G'nite all...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » December 25th, 2009, 12:15 am

#3 on the list tonight was the backwoods bastard. Oh man... CBaB's take on it will be interesting. That may be a new favorite.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 25th, 2009, 12:52 am

CRAP!

I had so many serpentine belts go out on my stupid minivan that I knew it by the sound that the car was making before it happened each time.

I hope you can get it fixed quickly. Glad you all are okay!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 25th, 2009, 1:05 am

CathyCA wrote:
CRAP!

I had so many serpentine belts go out on my stupid minivan that I knew it by the sound that the car was making before it happened each time.

I hope you can get it fixed quickly. Glad you all are okay!
Breaking down where you did was indeed an early Christmas gift!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 25th, 2009, 7:42 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Breaking down where you did was indeed an early Christmas gift!
No kidding, and as 8-x pointed out, it could have been worse.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 25th, 2009, 8:15 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Breaking down where you did was indeed an early Christmas gift!
No kidding, and as 8-x pointed out, it could have been worse.
you all are safe and where you were intended to be this morning. as 8-x pointed out, it could have been worse. enjoy today and all days. merry christmas to you, sweetie pie, the boys and your mom. :ymhug:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 25th, 2009, 10:34 am

Holy Cow! Glad everyone is safe and sound. Hope you're able to get the car fixed Saturday.
I worship the Blue Devil!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » December 25th, 2009, 2:08 pm

Lavabe wrote: Well, the fourth devildeac sampler has me knocked out. It's way too much.

Getting drunk really does help insomnia.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 25th, 2009, 3:14 pm

colchar wrote:
Lavabe wrote: Well, the fourth devildeac sampler has me knocked out. It's way too much.

Getting drunk really does help insomnia.
He had a taste of the 5th one, too. :)) =)) :ymparty: =p~
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 25th, 2009, 10:19 pm

this thread has been so unactive for a lot of hous. anyone out there? :D