LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Rolvix » December 21st, 2009, 12:01 pm

Catching up on the Gonzaga game. Looking decent so far! 30 - 17 with 57 seconds in the first half.
Class of 2014
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 21st, 2009, 12:29 pm

I spent 5.5 hours shoveling snow yesterday, and I'm now in a lot of pain. Hitting the heating pad now.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 21st, 2009, 1:08 pm

bjornolf wrote:I spent 5.5 hours shoveling snow yesterday, and I'm now in a lot of pain. Hitting the heating pad now.

%%-
Does this mean Santa may bring you a snow blower?
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 21st, 2009, 2:57 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Stepsons took off on their trip to Asheville this morning, their first parent-free extended drive. Only one of them has his license, so the other's job is to keep the driver awake. I'll be on pins and needles today until I get the call that they are safely there.
Sending vibes for a safe trip. Please let us know when they get there.
Thanks much, they made great time and got there about 2:30. By now I'm sure they are covered head to toes in snow from having an immediate snowball fight as soon as they got out of the car.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » December 21st, 2009, 3:06 pm

bjornolf wrote:I spent 5.5 hours shoveling snow yesterday, and I'm now in a lot of pain. Hitting the heating pad now.

%%-
I feel ya! There was a lot of it out there and I too am relaxing at the moment all done drinking a glass of water with lemon. Some dumbass (from down the pipe stem off of the end of the street) decided that parking in front of my house was a good idea, so the plow came through and guess whose side of the street didn't get plowed.... X( X( X( So, I had to dig and extra 8-10 feet longer into the road with harden chucks of snow/ice boulders piled higher than the snow and needed to dig at least 6-8 feet wide so I could get my car out and then had to dig a wide path to the mail box. So while I'm shoveling, the guy comes up the street and starts digging his car out, it naturally backs out nicely because my neighbor had already shoveled out behind the car so he could get out of his driveway and then the guy drives back home. About an hour to two later as I am still trying to get a clear path to the street, the guy drives by to go out shopping or where ever he went. Unbelievable!!!! X( X( X(
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 21st, 2009, 3:39 pm

Oh man...

I may be Jewish after all.

I made potato latkes.

Here's the real kicker: I figured out how to make pickled hot yellow lemon peppers. If I can do that, than genuine pickles won't require too much of a learning curve.

Will bring some to NC... assuming that if devildeac isn't into burn your tongue peppers, that SOMEONE around there will.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 21st, 2009, 5:24 pm

Rolvix wrote:Catching up on the Gonzaga game. Looking decent so far! 30 - 17 with 57 seconds in the first half.
We were there. We know who won... :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 21st, 2009, 5:26 pm

Lavabe wrote:Oh man...

I made potato latkes.

Here's the real kicker: I figured out how to make pickled hot yellow lemon peppers. If I can do that, than genuine pickles won't require too much of a learning curve.

Will bring some to NC... assuming that if devildeac isn't into burn your tongue peppers, that SOMEONE around there will.
Don't count on it, although son of DD probably would try a small piece of one.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » December 21st, 2009, 6:34 pm

Lavabe wrote:Oh man...

I made potato latkes.

Congratulations!!! They are soo good!!!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: I would like to see your receipe for hot yellow lemon peppers! They sound delicious!!!!!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 21st, 2009, 7:10 pm

If it doesn't make you cry, it's not hot.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 21st, 2009, 7:29 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:If it doesn't make you cry, it's not hot.
Don't worry. They are clearing my sinuses. Hopefully that will get rid of the tinitis.
I suggest a porter or a stout. WOW!! :drool: :twitch: :drool: :twitch: :-bd
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 21st, 2009, 7:48 pm

cl15876 wrote:

%%-
I feel ya! There was a lot of it out there and I too am relaxing at the moment all done drinking a glass of water with lemon. Some dumbass (from down the pipe stem off of the end of the street) decided that parking in front of my house was a good idea, so the plow came through and guess whose side of the street didn't get plowed.... X( X( X( So, I had to dig and extra 8-10 feet longer into the road with harden chucks of snow/ice boulders piled higher than the snow and needed to dig at least 6-8 feet wide so I could get my car out and then had to dig a wide path to the mail box. So while I'm shoveling, the guy comes up the street and starts digging his car out, it naturally backs out nicely because my neighbor had already shoveled out behind the car so he could get out of his driveway and then the guy drives back home. About an hour to two later as I am still trying to get a clear path to the street, the guy drives by to go out shopping or where ever he went. Unbelievable!!!! X( X( X(
Shin kicks to the dumbass. Next time shovel the snow onto his car. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 21st, 2009, 8:04 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
cl15876 wrote:

%%-
Shin kicks to the dumbass. Next time shovel the snow onto his car. :ymdevil:
Wonder what he would say if you did shovel snow on his car. Time for a snow blower so you can blow your snow on his car and let him dig it out. heh heh heh

Oh yeah, totally forgot, shin kicks for this dumbass.
I worship the Blue Devil!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 21st, 2009, 8:30 pm

My furnace is making an awful noise. It sounds a bit like a belt and disk sander. A loud, grinding noise, specifically. It starts when the furnace kicks on and runs for almost the entire time that the furnace is running. What the heck is going on? How worried should I be? I called a heat and air company and left a message for a call back tomorrow. Hopefully it's not a problem that will cause my furnace to croak.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 21st, 2009, 8:39 pm

How is the air flow from the vents? Weak? Strong? Normal?
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » December 21st, 2009, 8:40 pm

Last minute plans to get in the car with my mother tomorrow and drive up to Cape Cod to get her mother (84 or so) and drive her back to South Jersey all in the same day. My parents had planned to do this over the weekend in conjunction with the big family party up there, but the blizzard changed those plans.

Couldn't let my mom go do that drive all on her own.
-- DukeUsul
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 21st, 2009, 8:46 pm

captmojo wrote:How is the air flow from the vents? Weak? Strong? Normal?
Air flow seems normal, but I've never really checked the air flow when all is well.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 21st, 2009, 8:47 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:My furnace is making an awful noise. It sounds a bit like a belt and disk sander. A loud, grinding noise, specifically. It starts when the furnace kicks on and runs for almost the entire time that the furnace is running. What the heck is going on? How worried should I be? I called a heat and air company and left a message for a call back tomorrow. Hopefully it's not a problem that will cause my furnace to croak.
Thought that comes to mind, is a bad bearing on the fan motor. How long has this been going on? It should be checked out. If this is the case it could seize and you wouldn't get air flow.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 21st, 2009, 8:52 pm

captmojo wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:My furnace is making an awful noise. It sounds a bit like a belt and disk sander. A loud, grinding noise, specifically. It starts when the furnace kicks on and runs for almost the entire time that the furnace is running. What the heck is going on? How worried should I be? I called a heat and air company and left a message for a call back tomorrow. Hopefully it's not a problem that will cause my furnace to croak.
Thought that comes to mind, is a bad bearing on the fan motor. How long has this been going on? It should be checked out. If this is the case it could seize and you wouldn't get air flow.
It started somewhat recently and seems to be much worse today. Furnace is running now without the godawful noise. Seems to be quiet for 2-3 min before furnace shuts off. And it just shut off.

The fan motor idea does sound reasonable. I was thinking before that it sounds like the noise a car makes when there's a fan problem.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 21st, 2009, 8:58 pm

captmojo wrote:
Okay, a new wrinkle. At a friend's suggestion I turned the system off and turned on the fan by itself. No awful noise.
-- Albert Einstein