Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » December 13th, 2009, 12:38 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
devildeac wrote:IDK about that. I think with bagels, it's about all the ingredients and how they are cooked (aren't they boiled and baked, or vice versa?). Ozzie can take you to Sami's or Angelo's in Smithfield/Selma, or, I can take you to Tony's/Vincent's/Dominic's in Raleigh, and it is darn fine pizza. Plus, we don't have to spend a day on the road/in the air getting there :D .

Is it true of Pastrami(I think) sandwiches? Surely the same ingredients can be got in NC as in NY?
The Carnegie Deli makes their own corned beef and pastrami. Nothing else tastes as good as theirs, IMHO.

And one week from this very instant, I will be stuffed with their fine food and heading back home with extra provisions in a cooler!
There is some (heated?) debate about the Carnegie vs Katz cured/preserved deli meats as Ozzie and I both well know.

Hmm, "stuffed with their fine food." Sounds like it's time for another thread...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 13th, 2009, 12:39 pm

DukePA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
Is it true of Pastrami(I think) sandwiches? Surely the same ingredients can be got in NC as in NY?
The Carnegie Deli makes their own corned beef and pastrami. Nothing else tastes as good as theirs, IMHO.

And one week from this very instant, I will be stuffed with their fine food and heading back home with extra provisions in a cooler!
My nephew Max and I were just discussing what we plan to order at the Carnegie Deli this coming weekend. Cannot wait!!!!!! Go Duke!!
See new thread... ;) :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 13th, 2009, 1:05 pm

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:It's Lessons and Carols day! Cathy and DinK, are you both doing L&C today, too? I've been working on my part in the Biebl Ave Maria trio, familiarizing myself with verses of O Come All Ye Faithful that I've never seen before (we're processing with candles - imagine doing that while trying to sing unfamiliar words), and memorizing our Choral Response for after the Benediction (Of the Father's Love Begotten). L&C always gets me into the holiday spirit.
Good luck, ArkieDukie and DinK!

Today is our Messiah performance at 4:00. If anyone is in the Greenville area, we'd love to have you join us at Jarvis Memorial UMC this afternoon.
Thanks, Cathy, and good luck to you! If any of you are in St. Louis, come join us at Grace UMC at 4:15 this afternoon.

Bells this morning were a bit of an adventure. I missed an entrance, which normally isn't a big deal. This time I was the only note ringing, and it was the melody. :ymblushing: X( Hopefully I got it out of my system and won't do it again this afternoon.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 13th, 2009, 1:50 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:It's Lessons and Carols day! Cathy and DinK, are you both doing L&C today, too? I've been working on my part in the Biebl Ave Maria trio, familiarizing myself with verses of O Come All Ye Faithful that I've never seen before (we're processing with candles - imagine doing that while trying to sing unfamiliar words), and memorizing our Choral Response for after the Benediction (Of the Father's Love Begotten). L&C always gets me into the holiday spirit.

Today is our Messiah performance at 4:00. If anyone is in the Greenville area, we'd love to have you join us at Jarvis Memorial UMC this afternoon.
Thanks, Cathy, and good luck to you! If any of you are in St. Louis, come join us at Grace UMC at 4:15 this afternoon.

Bells this morning were a bit of an adventure. I missed an entrance, which normally isn't a big deal. This time I was the only note ringing, and it was the melody. :ymblushing: X( Hopefully I got it out of my system and won't do it again this afternoon.
Your performance this afternoon will be wonderful, Cheryl! You'll never miss that entrance again!

I had a solo in rehearsal this morning--an unintentional early entrance! How embarrassing! We had to start the piece over. Thank goodness it was only a rehearsal.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » December 13th, 2009, 1:56 pm

CathyCA wrote: ... I had a solo in rehearsal this morning--an unintentional early entrance! How embarrassing! We had to start the piece over. Thank goodness it was only a rehearsal.
I'm sure it was awesome, although unplanned! Were you forced to look up? ;) You all sounded beautiful this morning! :-bd :-bd :-bd and will this evening no doubt! ;) @};-
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 13th, 2009, 2:00 pm

cl15876 wrote:
CathyCA wrote: ... I had a solo in rehearsal this morning--an unintentional early entrance! How embarrassing! We had to start the piece over. Thank goodness it was only a rehearsal.
I'm sure it was awesome, although unplanned! Were you forced to look up? ;) You all sounded beautiful this morning! :-bd :-bd :-bd and will this evening no doubt! ;) @};-
Yes, it was when we were looking up at the director instead of at the music, and I anticipated the entrance. I HATE it when he tells us to look up. I haven't memorized my part, and I am frightened to look up because I don't know what's coming next.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 13th, 2009, 2:11 pm

CathyCA wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
Yes, it was when we were looking up at the director instead of at the music, and I anticipated the entrance. I HATE it when he tells us to look up. I haven't memorized my part, and I am frightened to look up because I don't know what's coming next.
It won't happen this afternoon because you'll be especially aware. Same with me and the pesky bell entrance. :-bd
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » December 13th, 2009, 2:27 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love Duke.
Class of 2014
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » December 13th, 2009, 2:28 pm

Rolvix wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love Duke.
That is an example of shameless PW'ing.
Class of 2014
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » December 13th, 2009, 2:28 pm

Rolvix wrote:
Rolvix wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love Duke.
And that is another example.
Class of 2014
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 13th, 2009, 3:27 pm

CathyCA wrote:

Our service isn't strictly music - in fact, not as much vocal music as in the past. It is always entertaining to try to coordinate so many different parts - strings, trombones, organ, piano, guitars, bells, etc. We definitely had our share of miscues, I'm glad I get another shot at Burgundian Carol (Pat-a-Pan) again next week. It could stand some work. Even better - one of the songs sung & played during the children's pageant was supposed to have the bells playing. I wasn't originally scheduled to be in it but one of our ringers was sick. I moved to the bell location and just watched the others that were to play sit iin their pews and not move. One started up but since no one else moved, the two of us decided the bell accents in the piece were not necessary. Maybe all the bells will move next week when we try that piece again.

On a brighter note, I got my lines correct in the children's pageant! Sue, I got lots of compliments on my sequined sneakers. Thanks for picking those up for me.
Life is good!
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » December 13th, 2009, 3:58 pm

Rolvix wrote:
I love Duke.
Nothing shameless in the first post! Go Duke!!!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 13th, 2009, 4:33 pm

Rolvix wrote:
Rolvix wrote:
I love Duke.
And that is another example.
and another example. :)) :))
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » December 13th, 2009, 4:58 pm

Ugh - I'm still sick. I'll feel a lot better when the Cowgirls lose and the Eagles beat down the G-girls to move into first in the NFC East.
-- DukeUsul
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 13th, 2009, 6:43 pm

The Iggles?
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » December 13th, 2009, 7:05 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:The Iggles?
Yeah fuckin Eags man fuckin Eags!!! Cowboys going down and Manning the lesser next!!!
-- DukeUsul
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 14th, 2009, 4:49 am

Good Morning, all! ~o)

I fell asleep, but the Iggles were doing fine when I did, and it seems my infuriating Skins are finally playing the way they should have been all season. Your guys are lucky they got both out of the way before my guys figured it out. The last few teams that play us may get Ws, but it's gonna be ugly for all of them.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 14th, 2009, 8:22 am

bjornolf wrote:Good Morning, all! ~o)
%%-
You're early was waaaaaaaaaay too early for me!

Good morning, all! B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 14th, 2009, 9:03 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Good Morning, all! ~o)
%%-
You're early was waaaaaaaaaay too early for me!

Good morning, all! B-)
and, good morning from me. i slept late. 8:30. :)
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 14th, 2009, 11:22 am

DukeUsul wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:The Iggles?
Yeah fuckin Eags man fuckin Eags!!! Cowboys going down and Manning the lesser next!!!

So, I guess you're a Skins fan the next couple weeks, eh? We've got the GIants and the Cowboys at home, and we can basically eliminate both from challenging you guys.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage