LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 30th, 2009, 10:54 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I have never posted about nothing...
So, now you have. Way to go! :D
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 30th, 2009, 10:55 pm

:ymdevil: :ymdevil:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 30th, 2009, 11:08 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:Post-holiday funk. :| :ymtongue: :ymsigh: :-l :sigh:
Post? Hate to tell ya...more to come!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » November 30th, 2009, 11:58 pm

Anyone need any google wave invites? I've got a few to hand out. Just need your GMail address.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 1st, 2009, 12:13 am

DevilAlumna wrote:Anyone need any google wave invites? I've got a few to hand out. Just need your GMail address.
Just saw your FB status on that. I have too many social outlets as it is, another would be pointless to me. I'm dreading wave going live, you should see the computers we get in the shop now. The worst take 5 minutes to boot up just because it takes that long for all of the social apps to load. I've had screens literally load with so many IM programs running that you could no longer see the desktop. I try to shut them down before someone IM's the client, but when I'm too slow all I can think of is that movie with Danny DeVito answering the wrong number asking for Debbie. Not seen it? Watch Ruthless People and you'll know what I'm thinking of typing back.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 1st, 2009, 6:53 am

We could always use another cute little Katie around these parts. I'm sure my little girl wouldn't mind sharing. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » December 1st, 2009, 9:25 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:Anyone need any google wave invites? I've got a few to hand out. Just need your GMail address.
Just saw your FB status on that. I have too many social outlets as it is, another would be pointless to me. I'm dreading wave going live, you should see the computers we get in the shop now. The worst take 5 minutes to boot up just because it takes that long for all of the social apps to load. I've had screens literally load with so many IM programs running that you could no longer see the desktop. I try to shut them down before someone IM's the client, but when I'm too slow all I can think of is that movie with Danny DeVito answering the wrong number asking for Debbie. Not seen it? Watch Ruthless People and you'll know what I'm thinking of typing back.
Google Wave isn't a social app and it runs in the browser right? So it's not like the app launches at startup like all the other hideous apps you reference.

I watched the videos and played around with it for about 30 minutes yesterday. Great idea, and I'm looking forward to collaborating soon.
sMiles
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 1st, 2009, 2:17 pm

Bud's working on the deck which is good. I was hoping to get the Duke Christmas tree today. Not going to happen. I'll be glad when I am fully 2 armed again. I need an elf. My elf grew up. :(
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » December 1st, 2009, 6:51 pm

For a very specific reason, I will be rooting for Purdue over Wake Forest this evening. Take that Wake Forest fan who told me how much she hated Duke and that I was far to nice to actually be a Duke grad. I'm not nice. Go Boilermakers! (I will return to ACC Fandom tomorrow, for tonight, it's all Big Ten.) Go Spartans too!
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 1st, 2009, 7:39 pm

I started my New Year's resolution a bit early: I've gotten back into exercising daily. I want to lose weight and/or avoid holiday weight gain. Just finished almost an hour with my Wii: about 25 min with EA Sports Personal Trainer, and 30 min with Wii Fit Plus. This is my fourth consecutive day of exercising and the longest stretch yet. For anyone who has Wii Fit, I highly recommend spending the $20 to get the Wii Fit Plus upgrade. It adds a few more activities and gives the option of switching between people in the balance games. There are also customized (and customizable) exercise routines. All in all, a good deal. :-bd

Anyone interested in starting an exercise/weight loss thread to cheer each other on? I think we've tried this before. Maybe it's time to try again with the holiday season approaching. Thoughts?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 1st, 2009, 8:02 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:She outta name her Jello and then some color. Worked out ok for that guy from Wake Forest.
If only he played on the WF BB team. What a day the Crazies would have with that name. :)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » December 1st, 2009, 8:05 pm

Bostondevil wrote:For a very specific reason, I will be rooting for Purdue over Wake Forest this evening. Take that Wake Forest fan who told me how much she hated Duke and that I was far to nice to actually be a Duke grad. I'm not nice. Go Boilermakers! (I will return to ACC Fandom tomorrow, for tonight, it's all Big Ten.) Go Spartans too!
I think I have to cheer for Wake tonight considering I could end up there. 8-} 8-|
Class of 2014
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » December 1st, 2009, 8:23 pm

AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHH!!!!!!

X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(

:-w That is all.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » December 1st, 2009, 8:52 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHH!!!!!!

Very informative...
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 1st, 2009, 9:13 pm

Do I need to send shin kicks? Because I can and will.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » December 1st, 2009, 11:06 pm

Stupid keyboard...
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » December 2nd, 2009, 12:33 am

ArkieDukie wrote:

I may take you up on that, AD. At least send some mental ones to the woman who, at 2PM on Monday, scheduled a 2-hour meeting starting at 9AM today. In our corporate cultures, that just doesn't sit well at all.

That meeting, which was the finest example of how not to do change management, put me in the shittiest of moods for the rest of the day, punctuated by my fellow impacted colleagues coming into my office to bitch as well. I'm *still* peeved by the whole thing.

Time for a hot shower.

(No comments, shamm...)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 2nd, 2009, 7:27 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I started my New Year's resolution a bit early: I've gotten back into exercising daily. I want to lose weight and/or avoid holiday weight gain. Just finished almost an hour with my Wii: about 25 min with EA Sports Personal Trainer, and 30 min with Wii Fit Plus. This is my fourth consecutive day of exercising and the longest stretch yet. For anyone who has Wii Fit, I highly recommend spending the $20 to get the Wii Fit Plus upgrade. It adds a few more activities and gives the option of switching between people in the balance games. There are also customized (and customizable) exercise routines. All in all, a good deal. :-bd

Anyone interested in starting an exercise/weight loss thread to cheer each other on? I think we've tried this before. Maybe it's time to try again with the holiday season approaching. Thoughts?
Yay!!!! Congratulations!!! Job well done!!!!

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

I say yes to an exercise/weight loss thread, but not till next year. I'm having some medical issues (nothing to be concerned about, this is pretty routine for me) and don't have the energy to do anything at the end of the day. By the new year, my medication should have taken effect and I should have more energy.
I worship the Blue Devil!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 2nd, 2009, 7:28 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

I may take you up on that, AD. At least send some mental ones to the woman who, at 2PM on Monday, scheduled a 2-hour meeting starting at 9AM today. In our corporate cultures, that just doesn't sit well at all.

That meeting, which was the finest example of how not to do change management, put me in the shittiest of moods for the rest of the day, punctuated by my fellow impacted colleagues coming into my office to bitch as well. I'm *still* peeved by the whole thing.

Time for a hot shower.

(No comments, shamm...)
Mental shin kicks on their way!!!!!
I worship the Blue Devil!
Miles

Post by Miles » December 2nd, 2009, 8:51 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

Time for a hot shower.

(No comments, shamm...)
Was I in that meeting? Maybe we were both having the shittiest meeting at the same time.

Here is a monkey to make you feel better.
:(|)
sMiles