PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » November 30th, 2009, 5:27 am

I wouldn't ever recommend Brianna
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 30th, 2009, 7:46 am

I like alliterative names. I vote for Tara, Tawny, Tirzah or Tatiana.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 30th, 2009, 8:52 am

CathyCA wrote:I like alliterative names. I vote for Tara, Tawny, Tirzah or Tatiana.
I actually like the sound of Tara T. But you had the advantage (I think) of knowing their last name starts with a T. But like I said, it will be a common girl's name, simple, and not at all yuppy. And what we like isn't going to influence them!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 30th, 2009, 9:07 am

She outta name her Jello and then some color. Worked out ok for that guy from Wake Forest.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 30th, 2009, 10:02 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I like alliterative names. I vote for Tara, Tawny, Tirzah or Tatiana.
I actually like the sound of Tara T. But you had the advantage (I think) of knowing their last name starts with a T. But like I said, it will be a common girl's name, simple, and not at all yuppy. And what we like isn't going to influence them!
Yes, I know their last name. ;)

Tara is one of my favorite names, and I would have used it had I ever had a second daughter. (I never even got to use my first choice girl name.)
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 30th, 2009, 10:05 am

Barbara would be a great name! ;)
Life is good!
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » November 30th, 2009, 10:34 am

CathyCA wrote: Tara is one of my favorite names, and I would have used it had I ever had a second daughter. (I never even got to use my first choice girl name.)
Me either. And no, not Lisa. What was your first choice, Cathy?

For the record, mine was Fiona but my husband refused. My second choice was Veronica. My husband nixed that one too. We compromised on Juliette. Although, had Ronnie been a girl, we were going to name the baby Judith Jane (both grandmothers honored there) and call her JJ. We now have two nieces, Judith and Jane. (They have an older brother too. Jane is in the middle and I intend to spoil her.)
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 30th, 2009, 10:58 am

Bostondevil wrote:
CathyCA wrote: Tara is one of my favorite names, and I would have used it had I ever had a second daughter. (I never even got to use my first choice girl name.)

For the record, mine was Fiona but my husband refused. My second choice was Veronica. My husband nixed that one too. We compromised on Juliette. Although, had Ronnie been a girl, we were going to name the baby Judith Jane (both grandmothers honored there) and call her JJ. We now have two nieces, Judith and Jane. (They have an older brother too. Jane is in the middle and I intend to spoil her.)
My first choice was Grace Thompson, to honor my grandmother.

My second choice was Tara Grace, and yes, I realize that I would have been using the same name for both girls.

Anyway, my niece and my first cousin once removed both carry the name Grace, to honor my amazing grandmother. And both girls are precious!

ExLax and I had an agreement--he got to choose the boy names and I got to choose the girl names. I lobbied hard for both of my boys' names, and I'm pleased with the names he chose.

~ James Naismith
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » November 30th, 2009, 11:09 am

CathyCA wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:

My first choice was Grace Thompson, to honor my grandmother.

My second choice was Tara Grace, and yes, I realize that I would have been using the same name for both girls.

Anyway, my niece and my first cousin once removed both carry the name Grace, to honor my amazing grandmother. And both girls are precious!

ExLax and I had an agreement--he got to choose the boy names and I got to choose the girl names. I lobbied hard for both of my boys' names, and I'm pleased with the names he chose.
:-o :-o :-o That's scary. Complete power to choose the names given up to the other?!? Wow, I don't think my wife or I would ever be willing to give up control. We had to come to agreement - it was really easy with Katherine Claire. If/when we have a boy, I think it'll be difficult.
-- DukeUsul
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » November 30th, 2009, 11:20 am

Mr. DA & I don't have kids yet, but already have baby boy #1's picked out. It took us 3 minutes to come to agreement. We settled pretty quickly on baby girl #1's name, but then his dad remarried, to a woman with that name, so that went out the door quickly (sadly.) It's taken us 2 more years to come up with a girl's name that we both like.

I have no idea what we're going to do if we have 2 girls.... maybe come back here for more advice and polling! ;)
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » November 30th, 2009, 12:06 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:Mr. DA & I don't have kids yet, but already have baby boy #1's picked out. It took us 3 minutes to come to agreement. We settled pretty quickly on baby girl #1's name, but then his dad remarried, to a woman with that name, so that went out the door quickly (sadly.) It's taken us 2 more years to come up with a girl's name that we both like.

I have no idea what we're going to do if we have 2 girls.... maybe come back here for more advice and polling! ;)
Are you trying to tell us something?
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » November 30th, 2009, 12:21 pm

Usul, you can have one of the names my husband and I didn't use!

The ones we used
Andrew (Andrew Jennings)
Jack (Patrick Jackson)
Tommy (Thomas Ryan)
Ronnie (Ronald Lee III) I tried to dodge that bullet but after 4 sons, there is only so much you can do.

The ones we didn't use
Luke, Michael, Joseph, and if the number's 8, the name is Tate.

I've told my sons that the 8th boy is named Tate. I can't decide if we start the counting over with the grandchildren or if we are already at 4. We'll see. If they don't agree, hey, we're a nicknaming family, I can call him anything I want. I've also informed them that they all must keep trying until somebody has me a granddaughter.

Son Tommy has the most nicknames. He is called at various times, anything from this list: Tommy T, T-Bone, Hollywood, Tommywood, and Steak (as in T-Bone Steak). He is also called Doodles, Sweet Pie, and Stinker McGillicuddy, but only by me.
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » November 30th, 2009, 1:41 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Usul, you can have one of the names my husband and I didn't use!

The ones we used
Andrew (Andrew Jennings)
Jack (Patrick Jackson)
Tommy (Thomas Ryan)
Ronnie (Ronald Lee III) I tried to dodge that bullet but after 4 sons, there is only so much you can do.

The ones we didn't use
Luke, Michael, Joseph, and if the number's 8, the name is Tate.

I've told my sons that the 8th boy is named Tate. I can't decide if we start the counting over with the grandchildren or if we are already at 4. We'll see. If they don't agree, hey, we're a nicknaming family, I can call him anything I want. I've also informed them that they all must keep trying until somebody has me a granddaughter.

Son Tommy has the most nicknames. He is called at various times, anything from this list: Tommy T, T-Bone, Hollywood, Tommywood, and Steak (as in T-Bone Steak). He is also called Doodles, Sweet Pie, and Stinker McGillicuddy, but only by me.
Dude! I'd love to name a son Luke. Then I could walk around all the time saying: "Luuuuuke! I am your father!"

We have too many Michaels in the family already.

Joseph. Hmm. Lisa did have an Uncle Joe who passed - she'd probably be up for that one.
-- DukeUsul
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » November 30th, 2009, 1:51 pm

DukeUsul wrote:

Dude! I'd love to name a son Luke. Then I could walk around all the time saying: "Luuuuuke! I am your father!"
Sigh. If I could have avoided the Ronald Lee III, my youngest would be named Luke Jefferson. Mr. BD and I both have great-grandfathers that were named Jefferson. I'm still bummed we didn't get to use it as a middle name. Yeah, we could have named number 3 Thomas Jefferson. But nah, I wasn't going to do that to a kid.
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » November 30th, 2009, 2:04 pm

My first son (yes, I will have a son) is going to be named Rolvix Harlan Patterson IV.
I don't know any of the others.
Class of 2014
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » November 30th, 2009, 2:05 pm

Bostondevil wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:Mr. DA & I don't have kids yet, but already have baby boy #1's picked out. It took us 3 minutes to come to agreement. We settled pretty quickly on baby girl #1's name, but then his dad remarried, to a woman with that name, so that went out the door quickly (sadly.) It's taken us 2 more years to come up with a girl's name that we both like.

Are you trying to tell us something?
;) Nope.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 30th, 2009, 2:09 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Dude! I'd love to name a son Luke. Then I could walk around all the time saying: "Luuuuuke! I am your father!"
Get him upset enough and he'll holler back, "Noooooo! That's not true!"
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 30th, 2009, 2:11 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Dude! I'd love to name a son Luke. Then I could walk around all the time saying: "Luuuuuke! I am your father!"
Or you could use Luc, if there's a tendency towards REALLY tall people in the family. ;) Who knows? Maybe GaTech would offer him a scholarship.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 30th, 2009, 4:08 pm

Rolvix wrote:My first son (yes, I will have a son) is going to be named Rolvix Harlan Patterson IV.
I guess I missed this when you changed your screen name from Rob to Rolex, uh, Rolvix, but your real name is Rolvix III?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » November 30th, 2009, 4:48 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Rolvix wrote:My first son (yes, I will have a son) is going to be named Rolvix Harlan Patterson IV.
I guess I missed this when you changed your screen name from Rob to Rolex, uh, Rolvix, but your real name is Rolvix III?
Yeah :D
Rolvix Harlan Patterson III
Class of 2014