LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » November 25th, 2009, 9:49 am

Chat tonight? 'bout 930 PM?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 25th, 2009, 9:51 am

Will try.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 25th, 2009, 10:00 am

devildeac wrote:Chat tonight? 'bout 930 PM?
Yup..I'll make a thread saying so!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 25th, 2009, 10:28 am

devildeac wrote:Chat tonight? 'bout 930 PM?
For sure, unless we have company. If we do, I may have to run them off. :)) :))
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 25th, 2009, 11:05 am

This post is for nothing. ;;)
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » November 25th, 2009, 11:15 am

Holy Cow! I JUST realized the game is tonight.

Ugh. And I invited a bunch of friends over -- I doubt I'll be able to watch it until after they leave.
Class of 2014
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 25th, 2009, 11:27 am

Rolvix wrote:Holy Cow! I JUST realized the game is tonight.

Ugh. And I invited a bunch of friends over -- I doubt I'll be able to watch it until after they leave.
"Get out of my house". Remember those words between 9 and 9:30.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 25th, 2009, 12:29 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:

Better yet:

OUR HOUSE

OUR HOUSE ;) :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » November 25th, 2009, 1:14 pm

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:

Better yet:

OUR HOUSE

OUR HOUSE ;) :D
:D :D :D
Class of 2014
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 25th, 2009, 5:34 pm

You could get a headach and need quite. :D :D
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 25th, 2009, 6:25 pm

This is why I shouldn't be FB friends with the people who work in my office:
For the life of me, I cannot understand why I am still sitting at my desk at 4:20 in the afternoon on the day before Thanksgiving...grrrrrrrrrrrr >:(
Because, you imbecilic twit, three of the people who pay your salary are still working at the office and seeing clients. Some of us didn't leave the office until well after our official quitting time today. And BTW, lest you forget, you took Monday off to take your niece to the Miley Cyrus concert. Some of us haven't had but 7 days off the entire year. You dare to bitch about sitting at your desk doing NOTHING but Facebook? There are plenty of people who would love to take your place. I have their resumes in a file drawer in my office. Grrrrrrrrrr, indeed!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 25th, 2009, 6:31 pm

CathyCA wrote:This is why I shouldn't be FB friends with the people who work in my office:
For the life of me, I cannot understand why I am still sitting at my desk at 4:20 in the afternoon on the day before Thanksgiving...grrrrrrrrrrrr >:(
Because, you imbecilic twit, three of the people who pay your salary are still working at the office and seeing clients. Some of us didn't leave the office until well after our official quitting time today. And BTW, lest you forget, you took Monday off to take your niece to the Miley Cyrus concert. Some of us haven't had but 7 days off the entire year. You dare to bitch about sitting at your desk doing NOTHING but Facebook? There are plenty of people who would love to take your place. I have their resumes in a file drawer in my office. Grrrrrrrrrr, indeed!
Sending shin kicks to your coworkers. Only a week left with my coworker that has the same attitude.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 25th, 2009, 6:34 pm

CathyCA wrote:This is why I shouldn't be FB friends with the people who work in my office:
Don't hold back, Cathy, tell us how you REALLY feel! ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 25th, 2009, 6:41 pm

Cathy, maybe you'll get lucky and "taking my niece to the Miley Cyrus concert" is a lousy cover story for interviewing for a new job. My soon-to-be-former co-worker bought at least 2 new sets of car tags before giving 2 weeks notice. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 25th, 2009, 7:30 pm

That is exactly why I'm not friends with anyone from work. I don't want to know what they are doing, and I certainly don't want them knowing what I'm doing.
I worship the Blue Devil!
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » November 25th, 2009, 8:12 pm

I just don't use FB very much...
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » November 25th, 2009, 8:13 pm

Vandy then Duke games on tonight. For me, early season college basketball doesn't get much better than this. (Well, a Kerolina loss the same evening would be the icing on the cake.)
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 25th, 2009, 8:35 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I just don't use FB very much...
I sort of figured you'd post this.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 25th, 2009, 8:37 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:This post is for nothing. ;;)
This belongs in the NOTHING thread. ;)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 25th, 2009, 8:44 pm

Many years ago, I was the new kid on the block at a new job. I had been there a couple of months. The "group" talked to me (when the boss was at lunch}. They each one, with different "tones" of voice, told me I was working too hard and that was not good. One said working so hard didn't pay off. Boy, did I feel the resentment. I never did fit with that particular group. Not that I cared.