Vibes For Wilson

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: Vibes For Wilson

Post by DukieInKansas » November 17th, 2009, 11:34 pm

I don't know how to embed a video so here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaWU1CmrJNc

Will this be Wilson's theme song when he is done with Comps?
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 18th, 2009, 5:37 am

Bostondevil wrote:When is wilson done?
Just remember that when he emerges from his ordeal, he will be CTN Head Elf.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 18th, 2009, 7:42 am

Lavabe wrote:
I've never seen a elf-pirate. Will he still wear his new red coat? :D
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 18th, 2009, 10:59 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
I've never seen a elf-pirate. Will he still wear his new red coat? :D
I can see it now:
Hark the herald angels sing... AAAARRR!!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » November 20th, 2009, 10:23 am

colchar wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
IIRC, he has 24 hours to work on his exam. Per his FB status I think he started yesterday, thus should be done by tomorrow.

Hmmm, interesting way to do them. For mine, I did a five hour written exam (three questions) and then a week later did a three to four hour oral exam in which I was examined on my written exam, then on the questions I chose not to answer on the written, and finally it was a free-for-all. But the way Wilson is doing his sounds interesting. I wonder what the format for his oral exam will be...
I had two 6-hour written sections, three questions on one and four on the other. Oral is in a couple of weeks, but should only last about an hour and a half. I'm not worried about that at all.
In the meantime, I'm watching cartoons and hanging out with Walter.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » November 20th, 2009, 11:03 am

wilson wrote:I had two 6-hour written sections, three questions on one and four on the other. Oral is in a couple of weeks, but should only last about an hour and a half. I'm not worried about that at all.

So you did your exams at home surrounded by books? I would've killed for that! We have to do ours in the department and there are no aids allowed.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » November 20th, 2009, 11:08 am

colchar wrote:
wilson wrote:I had two 6-hour written sections, three questions on one and four on the other. Oral is in a couple of weeks, but should only last about an hour and a half. I'm not worried about that at all.

So you did your exams at home surrounded by books? I would've killed for that! We have to do ours in the department and there are no aids allowed.
No, I wrote my exams in the library with no aids allowed. It's all on Emory Honor System, though, so I could have written them anywhere. I did not and would never cheat, but it would be pretty easy to do so if you wanted to.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » November 20th, 2009, 11:14 am

wilson wrote:
colchar wrote:

No, I wrote my exams in the library with no aids allowed. It's all on Emory Honor System, though, so I could have written them anywhere. I did not and would never cheat, but it would be pretty easy to do so if you wanted to.
I find this whole process fascinating. My wife has her PhD from NCSU in psychology. For hers, the three faculty on her committee each had completely different requirements. One required her to sit down and answer her questions with no aids in a few hours. Another let her take it home and do it with whatever support she wanted. They were all different from each other.
-- DukeUsul
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » November 20th, 2009, 11:17 am

DukeUsul wrote:I find this whole process fascinating. My wife has her PhD from NCSU in psychology. For hers, the three faculty on her committee each had completely different requirements. One required her to sit down and answer her questions with no aids in a few hours. Another let her take it home and do it with whatever support she wanted. They were all different from each other.
That is interesting. Most universities and departments have stricter guidelines and format requirements than that.
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » November 20th, 2009, 11:20 am

wilson wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:I find this whole process fascinating. My wife has her PhD from NCSU in psychology. For hers, the three faculty on her committee each had completely different requirements. One required her to sit down and answer her questions with no aids in a few hours. Another let her take it home and do it with whatever support she wanted. They were all different from each other.
That is interesting. Most universities and departments have stricter guidelines and format requirements than that.
Well, it WAS State. :)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =))

I keed I keed!
-- DukeUsul
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » November 20th, 2009, 12:29 pm

wilson wrote:
colchar wrote:

Ah, the impression I had was that you were allowed to write them at home and could therefore use aids. I misunderstood the system.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » November 20th, 2009, 12:31 pm

DukeUsul wrote: I find this whole process fascinating. My wife has her PhD from NCSU in psychology. For hers, the three faculty on her committee each had completely different requirements. One required her to sit down and answer her questions with no aids in a few hours. Another let her take it home and do it with whatever support she wanted. They were all different from each other.

For me (and I assume Wilson as well but would never presume to answer for him) the department sets the regulations and the Faculty of Graduate Studies approves the process.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » November 20th, 2009, 12:37 pm

wilson wrote:

True - and since the academic rigor and the reputation of the department are at stake they are usually very strict about following their guidelines/requirements.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------