Milestones

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: Milestones

Post by Lavabe » October 31st, 2009, 3:48 pm

devildeac wrote:Hmm, BD has 999 here and 1999 over yonder. Bet she's setting up a double dip to cover both milleniums at once ;) :D .

:-$
:-w
:whistle:
I think she's getting ready for a double avatar change. :ymapplause: \m/
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » November 1st, 2009, 10:53 am

Arabian Nights.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » November 1st, 2009, 10:55 am

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:Hmm, BD has 999 here and 1999 over yonder. Bet she's setting up a double dip to cover both milleniums at once ;) :D .

:-$
:-w
:whistle:
I think she's getting ready for a double avatar change. :ymapplause: \m/
I don't know how many times I'm going to have to explain to you guys that me and digital cameras, well, we are still working on the relationship. I'd change my avatar if I could find the cord that can get the pictures out of my camera onto the computer. That may take awhile.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 1st, 2009, 1:07 pm

Bostondevil wrote: I don't know how many times I'm going to have to explain to you guys that me and digital cameras, well, we are still working on the relationship. I'd change my avatar if I could find the cord that can get the pictures out of my camera onto the computer. That may take awhile.
If you can't find the cord, does your computer have a slot for the memory card to plug into directly? Then you can drag and drop, or copy and paste, directly from the card to the computer directly.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 7th, 2009, 11:44 pm

Well, today's FB result spoiled my plans for #4000 as I had simply planned on posting the score or just a few sound effects of the victory bell being rung on our side of the field. Damn. Damn. Damn. Guess I'll just resort to posting a new beer review here (just as CathyCA predicted) and transferring it to the Ymm, Beer later (or even duplicating it so I can get 2 posts out of it :roll: :D) .

Gamma Ray-Terrapin Brewing Company, Athens, Georgia-This is a member of their monster beer tour and is a wheat wine, a variation of a barleywine that I had never heard of/tried before. Three malts, two hop varieties, two different types/style of honey, an IBU of 40 and an ABV of 10.8%. Yellow-golden in color, clear and with a very small head despite a vigorous pour. This reminds me of a mead with its sweetness and smoothness from the honey but there is no grape juice/wine in this brew. There is a hint of citrus from the wheat malt and some lemon grass taste and aroma. The esters smell/taste a bit like banana, cloves, apple and pear. Not brutal at all like many barleywines. This is sneaky/seductive with its ABV as it is very easy drinking. I'd like this in a goblet for dessert or with a fresh fruit plate with apples and pears, or a fruit salad, for dessert. I think CB&B and 8-x got a bottle of this as a trader and I would love to read their thoughts. I think I have 1 left and will cellar this for a year. I hope :ymblushing: :D .

Respectfully submitted.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 7th, 2009, 11:48 pm

devildeac wrote:Well, today's FB result spoiled my plans for #4000 as I had simply planned on posting the score or just a few sound effects of the victory bell being rung on our side of the field. Damn. Damn. Damn. Guess I'll just resort to posting a new beer review here (just as CathyCA predicted) and transferring it to the Ymm, Beer later (or even duplicating it so I can get 2 posts out of it :roll: :D) .

Gamma Ray-Terrapin Brewing Company, Athens, Georgia-This is a member of their monster beer tour and is a wheat wine, a variation of a barleywine that I had never heard of/tried before. Three malts, two hop varieties, two different types/style of honey, an IBU of 40 and an ABV of 10.8%. Yellow-golden in color, clear and with a very small head despite a vigorous pour. This reminds me of a mead with its sweetness and smoothness from the honey but there is no grape juice/wine in this brew. There is a hint of citrus from the wheat malt and some lemon grass taste and aroma. The esters smell/taste a bit like banana, cloves, apple and pear. Not brutal at all like many barleywines. This is sneaky/seductive with its ABV as it is very easy drinking. I'd like this in a goblet for dessert or with a fresh fruit plate with apples and pears, or a fruit salad, for dessert. I think CB&B and 8-x got a bottle of this as a trader and I would love to read their thoughts. I think I have 1 left and will cellar this for a year. I hope :ymblushing: :D .

Respectfully submitted.
Professor. Wow. I am honored. ^:)^

BUT, I'd MUCH rather be 6-3 and 4-1 than being a prof :( :((.

OK, now back to your/my regularly planned/schedule PWing ;) :D
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 8th, 2009, 8:12 am

Congrats on 4000, DD! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 8th, 2009, 8:35 am

devildeac wrote:Well, today's FB result spoiled my plans for #4000 as I had simply planned on posting the score or just a few sound effects of the victory bell being rung on our side of the field. Damn. Damn. Damn. Guess I'll just resort to posting a new beer review here (just as CathyCA predicted) and transferring it to the Ymm, Beer later (or even duplicating it so I can get 2 posts out of it :roll: :D) .

Respectfully submitted.
Although I predicted the beer review, I would have much rather read your post-victory celebration post.

CONGRATULATIONS on reaching 4000, Professor and Brother Devildeac! ^:)^ :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: ^:)^
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 8th, 2009, 9:10 am

991 posts until DD becomes named or endowed. =)) :)) :D

WELL DONE!! ^:)^
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 8th, 2009, 10:44 am

congrats on your 4000 post. i too wish your post could have been a score to our liking. gthc
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » November 8th, 2009, 11:45 am

Long Live the King!! :king: :king: After all, "It's good to be da king!!"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 8th, 2009, 3:39 pm

Thanks. Attaining the level of Professor has meant two main things: 1. The salary level was doubled. 2. The d2*&%$ annual dues were doubled by the :swear: administration, too.

:)) :))

=)) =))
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 8th, 2009, 3:44 pm

devildeac wrote:Thanks. Attaining the level of Professor has meant two main things: 1. The salary level was doubled. 2. The d2*&%$ annual dues were doubled by the :swear: administration, too.

=)) =))
Complain and we'll note it on your permanent file. :ymsmug:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 8th, 2009, 3:52 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
devildeac wrote:Thanks. Attaining the level of Professor has meant two main things: 1. The salary level was doubled. 2. The d2*&%$ annual dues were doubled by the :swear: administration, too.

=)) =))
Complain and we'll note it on your permanent file. :ymsmug:
:)) =))
:(( :((
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 8th, 2009, 5:46 pm

Hmm, wondering what the next level will be...

This should make it about 980 to go... :roll:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 8th, 2009, 8:55 pm

so, i reached 500 pwing on another thread. :D :D :D
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 8th, 2009, 8:59 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:so, i reached 500 pwing on another thread. :D :D :D
Congratulations!
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 8th, 2009, 9:58 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Congratulations!
thank you. good day for me, good weekend if sports is excluded.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 8th, 2009, 11:06 pm

Well done. Congrats. Start planning for #1000 ;)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 9th, 2009, 8:50 am

Gosh, at this pace, I may have to start thinking about #5000 soon... :roll: :ymblushing: :)) =))