Quitting Smoking Vibes Needed (In A Big Way)

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: Quitting Smoking Vibes Needed (In A Big Way)

Post by colchar » November 3rd, 2009, 12:07 am

Thanks for the vibes and well wishes everyone. I wish I could say I didn't cave in but I did.

I couldn't sleep last night and was going absolutely nuts around 5am and I broke down and had a smoke. But I haven't had one since and I am hoping I can make it through the night tonight.

Even with that minor slip I think that having one smoke in roughly 36 hours is a huge accomplishment, especially for someone who was as dedicated a smoker as me. If I can sleep tonight I am certain I can make it through the night without caving in again.

And all the support I am getting here is certainly helping - thanks to everyone for that.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 3rd, 2009, 12:19 am

Keep it up Colchar, you can do it. Next time you get that urge that bad, remind yourself of how much you have invested of your own fortitude not to do it again. Vibing away for you buddy. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » November 3rd, 2009, 12:27 am

Colchar - I believe in YOU also!!!! I think you achieved a great accomplishment and YOU WILL MAKE IT, put it behind YOU (say 10 our fathers and 10 hail mary's and all will be redeemed)!!!!! Now that you have your pack, either rip it up or LOOK AT IT and confront it and think about the fact that IT has the worst STD ever... YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOURSELF CLEAN and safe for your BRIDE to BE!!!!! SHE IS SOOO WORTH IT!!!! HANG IN THERE BUDDY, YOUR HOT TROPHY WIFE to BE is HOPING YOU WILL BE AROUND FOR HER AND YOUR BABIES TO COME!!!!!! Sending more vibes and prayers from VA!!!!!!!!! :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » November 3rd, 2009, 1:15 am

colchar wrote:Thanks for the vibes and well wishes everyone. I wish I could say I didn't cave in but I did.

I couldn't sleep last night and was going absolutely nuts around 5am and I broke down and had a smoke. But I haven't had one since and I am hoping I can make it through the night tonight.

Even with that minor slip I think that having one smoke in roughly 36 hours is a huge accomplishment, especially for someone who was as dedicated a smoker as me. If I can sleep tonight I am certain I can make it through the night without caving in again.

And all the support I am getting here is certainly helping - thanks to everyone for that.
Hey, we love and support you, slip or no. One day at a time, my friend, or even one hour at a time. :ymhug:

And a :ar! for good measure.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 3rd, 2009, 5:22 am

If you just NEED the action of smoking, as some do, you can try an e-cigarette.

Good luck, man.

:wizard:

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 3rd, 2009, 8:06 am

colchar wrote:Thanks for the vibes and well wishes everyone. I wish I could say I didn't cave in but I did.

It happens...no worries! Major props for not throwing in the towel and having a second and a third.

Sending more vibes that you make it through the night!!

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 3rd, 2009, 8:36 am

Hang in there colchar! Sending another round of vibes your way.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 3rd, 2009, 12:32 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Keep it up Colchar, you can do it. Next time you get that urge that bad, remind yourself of how much you have invested of your own fortitude not to do it again. Vibing away for you buddy. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Next time you find the urge that bad, try PWing instead. You won't smoke, AND you will move up in the rankings. :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 3rd, 2009, 12:44 pm

Today is a new day. Vibes that the cravings lessen and disappear by bedtime tonight.
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 3rd, 2009, 6:39 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Today is a new day. Vibes that the cravings lessen and disappear by bedtime tonight.
I'll send some AJ Allmendinger vibes your way. :-ss :ymapplause: ^:)^

Perhaps vibes from Windsor's daughter would also help. :dwarf: :paladin: :Ult Ninja: :OrcArmed:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » November 3rd, 2009, 6:53 pm

Lavabe wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Today is a new day. Vibes that the cravings lessen and disappear by bedtime tonight.

Perhaps vibes from Windsor's daughter would also help. :dwarf: :paladin: :Ult Ninja: :OrcArmed:

Or more photos of her. Just for inspiration you know...
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 3rd, 2009, 7:06 pm

windsor wrote:

It happens...no worries! Major props for not throwing in the towel and having a second and a third.

Sending more vibes that you make it through the night!!

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
I agree with Windsor, at least you didn't throw in the towel.

Sending more major-ass vibes that you conquer the cig.
:-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd
I worship the Blue Devil!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 3rd, 2009, 7:49 pm

colchar wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

What ever works...if it helps...here goes...
5776_1177601810571_1543915092_457848_7071054_n.jpg
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 3rd, 2009, 8:12 pm

windsor wrote:
colchar wrote:
Lavabe wrote:"quote="DukieInKansas""Today is a new day. Vibes that the cravings lessen and disappear by bedtime tonight."/quote"

What ever works...if it helps...here goes...
Please KEEP GOING!!!!! HE NEEDS ALL of your support HE CAN GET!!!! HE IS a lucky man! YA did REALLLLLLLL GOOD!!!!!! Must have been those highwater pants!!!! They were SOOO SEXY along with all the PENS in your POCKET!!!!!! Ya know how to turn the switch ON!!!!!! :D :-* ;)
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 4th, 2009, 12:00 am

windsor wrote: What ever works...if it helps...here goes...
For a non-smoker, she's smokin' hot! #:-s #:-s #:-s
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 4th, 2009, 7:46 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
windsor wrote: What ever works...if it helps...here goes...
For a non-smoker, she's smokin' hot! #:-s #:-s #:-s
I think there's a thread about that somewhere... :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 4th, 2009, 9:14 am

Vibes for today, Colchar. May today be easier than yesterday and may tomorrow be easier than today.

You are a non-smoker. Keep up the good work.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 4th, 2009, 9:23 am

DukieInKansas wrote:You are a non-smoker. Keep up the good work.
Ditto to that...never look back!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » November 8th, 2009, 4:06 pm

How's it going, Colchar? Still sending you vibes from Kansas.
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 8th, 2009, 4:07 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:How's it going, Colchar? Still sending you vibes from Kansas.
Yes, inquiring, supporting minds want to know! Hope it's going well, still vibing!