Quitting Smoking Vibes Needed (In A Big Way)

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: Quitting Smoking Vibes Needed (In A Big Way)

Post by ArkieDukie » November 1st, 2009, 11:09 pm

Congrats on making it through 10 hours, colchar! Here's to another 10, and then 100, and then 1000!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

With regard to the cinnamon toothpicks, a quick google search shows that you can, indeed, make them yourself: http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/ho ... n-oil.html
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » November 1st, 2009, 11:18 pm

windsor wrote:
Drink lots of water - get out of the house..walk...move...do something besides think about it.
Does drinking water really help? Does it help wash the crap out of your system? And would other liquids (eg. coffee or tea) have much the same effect?
The first couple days are the worst -
I hope so. I figure if I can get through those days I just might make it.
hang in there and it will get better...I promise.
Thanks, I sincerely hope it does.
You are now a NON SMOKER!!!!
I had never thought of it that way but it is kind of cool to do so.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » November 1st, 2009, 11:20 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Congrats on making it through 10 hours, colchar! Here's to another 10, and then 100, and then 1000!
Thank you. Someone who was as dedicated a smoker as myself needs more encouragement than the average smoker trying to quit and I love that I am getting that from my friends here. Thanks to you and everyone else for that.
With regard to the cinnamon toothpicks, a quick google search shows that you can, indeed, make them yourself: http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/ho ... n-oil.html
That is freakin' awesome. Absolutely awesome. I'll make some tomorrow and will also manage to kill off some more time by doing so.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 1st, 2009, 11:54 pm

Congratulations on becoming a non-smoker. Vibes to you to continue this new lifestyle. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

PS - I can't believe you didn't break up some of your posts into multiple posts. You need to work on those PWing skills. :D
Life is good!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » November 2nd, 2009, 12:07 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Congratulations on becoming a non-smoker. Vibes to you to continue this new lifestyle. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Thanks.
PS - I can't believe you didn't break up some of your posts into multiple posts. You need to work on those PWing skills. :D

I had a bit of a one track mind at that point. Posting was a distraction from wanting a smoke so I just plowed through it without thinking about anything else.

K, I'm going to eat something to help with my latest cravings and then I'm gonna play guitar for an hour to keep my mind off things.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 2nd, 2009, 5:51 am

colchar wrote:I'm almost at the ten hour mark and honestly think I am going to make it through the day without caving in. For me, that is an unfathomable accomplishment. Normally, I'd celebrate an accomplishment by having a drink and a smoke but tonight I think I will celebrate by playing some guitar. I think I've figured out how to play chords without muting other strings so I want to get some practice in so that the technique becomes a habit. Maybe I can replace my shitty smoking habit with a good guitar playing habit.

Thanks for listening everyone.

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Go Colchar!

I had to change my routine a little bit for the first few weeks...I moved my computer to a new location (laptop - it was easy) started watching morning news in the living room with my coffee instead of at the table (where I smoked) -anything to break the 'I should be having a cigarette' cycle.

Hang in there...we're with you!!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 2nd, 2009, 6:22 am

Good morning, colchar!!

Ramble away, no problem. That's what we do on this board anyway, right?

NASCAR vibes to you today!! :-bd
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 2nd, 2009, 7:40 am

Keep it up Colchar...it will get easier every day. I'll say it to you as I've said to others...ditch the patch. All that damn thing is doing is keeping you addicted. I promise, cold turkey, 2 days from now you will notice a huge difference. Worked for me, worked for my wife, worked for several friends. Regardless of your choice, you can do it, cangrats on being a non-smoker!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 2nd, 2009, 7:45 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Keep it up Colchar...it will get easier every day. I'll say it to you as I've said to others...ditch the patch. All that damn thing is doing is keeping you addicted. I promise, cold turkey, 2 days from now you will notice a huge difference. Worked for me, worked for my wife, worked for several friends. Regardless of your choice, you can do it, cangrats on being a non-smoker!
Worked for me, too. I really think crutches just prolong the agony. Keep taking deep breaths and relax your shoulders....over and over and over again.

BTW, I'm looking forward to today's pic of W's D, aren't you?
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 2nd, 2009, 7:50 am

Put yourself on an exercise program and dedicate 2-30 minute segments (or 4-15 minute segments) daily to walking vigorously. Any time you get the urge to smoke, go out and take another 10-15 minute walk until the craving fades. Activities that keep your fingers and mouth occupied like sugarless gum/hard candy, toothpicks, chewing on a straw or playing with hand toys (I'm REALLY trying to be serious here, folks) like smooth stones, coins or playing the guitar would be helpful likewise. Practicing with that cherry stem would be another activity you could try. With a partner :ymblushing: :D . Well, perhaps a bit of levity at the end of the post would be OK ;) .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 2nd, 2009, 8:22 am

devildeac wrote: Any time you get the urge to smoke, go out and take another 10-15 minute walk until the craving fades.
I did that when I quit...just to do something. I'd go walking with my wife, too, when she quit. It helped alot.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 2nd, 2009, 8:43 am

Colchar, you can do it! You can conquer the cravings. Don't let them bring you down. It's a challenge, but you can do it! I believe in you!

(~~) (~~) (~~)
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 2nd, 2009, 9:48 am

Renewed vibes for day 2 of your life as a non-smoker. You are doing this!
Life is good!
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » November 2nd, 2009, 10:04 am

As a former smoker years ago, I concur with the advice to get up and walk around when cravings hit. Walking's really good for you whether you're trying to quit smoking or not.

Drink a glass of water when you have that craving. Most people don't drink enough water anyway. Water helps wash out various things your body needs to rid itself of. Don't substitute sodas, coffee or tea for water. They each add unnecessary ingredients (some unhealthy ones at that) for your system to cope with.

Think of yourself as a non smoker! You are!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 2nd, 2009, 11:33 am

Sending vibes

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

and some craving slayers

:fight: :paladin: :elf: :OrcArmed: :dwarf: :Ult Ninja:

Hang in Colchar - you CAN do this
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » November 2nd, 2009, 11:55 am

I don't remember seeing this reason to quit: you will smell better..... and be attractive to more women. ;;) ;;) ;;)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 2nd, 2009, 1:03 pm

More vibes and prayers for you Colchar from VA! You can do IT! You can DO IT! You CAN DO IT!!!! YES, I CAN!!!!!! YES, I CAN!!!!!! YES, I CAN!!!!! :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 2nd, 2009, 1:20 pm

Just heading out for my post lunch walk (aka 'cigarette replacement') hope you are hanging in their Colchar!
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » November 2nd, 2009, 1:35 pm

Sending more vibes!!!

Keep it up colchar. You are doing awesome. :D
Class of 2014
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 2nd, 2009, 9:08 pm

Major big ass nonsmoker vibes to you, Colchar! Keep up the good work!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com